Handle bar options

gbpack89_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I'm wondering what kind of handle bars guys are running?

Trying to find some lower bars a out the same with

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
gbpack89_imp said:
I'm wondering what kind of handle bars guys are running?

Trying to find some lower bars a out the same with

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
*About the same width. I hate when auto correct thinks it knows better

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Yeah I do like the type 2. But i also kinda like these
72e48dbbb102482829ab1329aa8a731a.jpg


Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
I'm wondering if there is a taller bar option that would avoid bar risers?
 
Has anybody tried installing the lower Type II Honda bars to a 2014 DLX? I'm wondering if there is a clearance issue with the bigger gas tank at full lock.
 
Bike #12_imp said:
I have the Renthal Superbike bar on my CB. Lower and wider than stock. I lean forward a bit. More comfortable for me.
what type of Renthal Superbike do you have?:

Superbike Flat - (A) 724mm, (B) 0mm, © 0mm, (D) 215mm, (E) 60mm
Superbike Ultra Low - (A) 733mm, (B) 75mm, © 42mm, (D) 110mm. (E) 94mm
Superbike Low - (A) 737mm, (B) 105mm, © 63mm, (D) 105mm, (E) 122mm
Superbike Med - (A) 732mm, (B) 117mm, © 78mm, (D) 105mm, (E) 105mm
Superbike High - (A) 716mm, (B) 119mm, © 96mm, (D) 105mm, (E) 103mm

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorcycle/handlebars/renthal-superbike-medium-bars
 
The handlebars off of the new CB500 are what I am using. They make a great choice if you are looking for a lower option, and being a Honda OEM part, they are painted with the exact same black/gray paint as on the engine.
 
ludva12345_imp said:
Bike #12_imp said:
I have the Renthal Superbike bar on my CB. Lower and wider than stock. I lean forward a bit. More comfortable for me.
what type of Renthal Superbike do you have?:

Superbike Flat - (A) 724mm, (B) 0mm, © 0mm, (D) 215mm, (E) 60mm
Superbike Ultra Low - (A) 733mm, (B) 75mm, © 42mm, (D) 110mm. (E) 94mm
Superbike Low - (A) 737mm, (B) 105mm, © 63mm, (D) 105mm, (E) 122mm
Superbike Med - (A) 732mm, (B) 117mm, © 78mm, (D) 105mm, (E) 105mm
Superbike High - (A) 716mm, (B) 119mm, © 96mm, (D) 105mm, (E) 103mm

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorcycle/handlebars/renthal-superbike-medium-bars
what type of Renthal Superbike do you have?:

Superbike Flat - (A) 724mm, (B) 0mm, © 0mm, (D) 215mm, (E) 60mm
Superbike Ultra Low - (A) 733mm, (B) 75mm, © 42mm, (D) 110mm. (E) 94mm
Superbike Low - (A) 737mm, (B) 105mm, © 63mm, (D) 105mm, (E) 122mm
Superbike Med - (A) 732mm, (B) 117mm, © 78mm, (D) 105mm, (E) 105mm
Superbike High - (A) 716mm, (B) 119mm, © 96mm, (D) 105mm, (E) 103mm

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorcycle/handlebars/renthal-superbike-medium-bars
Iirc I Have the Superbike Low bars on my bike.


ludva12345_imp said:
Bike #12_imp said:
what type of Renthal Superbike do you have?:

Superbike Flat - (A) 724mm, (B) 0mm, © 0mm, (D) 215mm, (E) 60mm
Superbike Ultra Low - (A) 733mm, (B) 75mm, © 42mm, (D) 110mm. (E) 94mm
Superbike Low - (A) 737mm, (B) 105mm, © 63mm, (D) 105mm, (E) 122mm
Superbike Med - (A) 732mm, (B) 117mm, © 78mm, (D) 105mm, (E) 105mm
Superbike High - (A) 716mm, (B) 119mm, © 96mm, (D) 105mm, (E) 103mm

[url=http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorcycle/handlebars/renthal-superbike-medium-bars]http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorcycle/handlebars/renthal-superbike-medium-bars
what type of Renthal Superbike do you have?:

Superbike Flat - (A) 724mm, (B) 0mm, © 0mm, (D) 215mm, (E) 60mm
Superbike Ultra Low - (A) 733mm, (B) 75mm, © 42mm, (D) 110mm. (E) 94mm
Superbike Low - (A) 737mm, (B) 105mm, © 63mm, (D) 105mm, (E) 122mm
Superbike Med - (A) 732mm, (B) 117mm, © 78mm, (D) 105mm, (E) 105mm
Superbike High - (A) 716mm, (B) 119mm, © 96mm, (D) 105mm, (E) 103mm

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorcycle/handlebars/renthal-superbike-medium-bars
Iirc I Have the Superbike Low bars on my bike.
ludva12345_imp said:
Bike #12_imp said:
I have the Renthal Superbike bar on my CB. Lower and wider than stock. I lean forward a bit. More comfortable for me.
what type of Renthal Superbike do you have?:

Superbike Flat - (A) 724mm, (B) 0mm, © 0mm, (D) 215mm, (E) 60mm
Superbike Ultra Low - (A) 733mm, (B) 75mm, © 42mm, (D) 110mm. (E) 94mm
Superbike Low - (A) 737mm, (B) 105mm, © 63mm, (D) 105mm, (E) 122mm
Superbike Med - (A) 732mm, (B) 117mm, © 78mm, (D) 105mm, (E) 105mm
Superbike High - (A) 716mm, (B) 119mm, © 96mm, (D) 105mm, (E) 103mm

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorcycle/handlebars/renthal-superbike-medium-bars
what type of Renthal Superbike do you have?:

Superbike Flat - (A) 724mm, (B) 0mm, © 0mm, (D) 215mm, (E) 60mm
Superbike Ultra Low - (A) 733mm, (B) 75mm, © 42mm, (D) 110mm. (E) 94mm
Superbike Low - (A) 737mm, (B) 105mm, © 63mm, (D) 105mm, (E) 122mm
Superbike Med - (A) 732mm, (B) 117mm, © 78mm, (D) 105mm, (E) 105mm
Superbike High - (A) 716mm, (B) 119mm, © 96mm, (D) 105mm, (E) 103mm

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorcycle/handlebars/renthal-superbike-medium-bars
Iirc I Have the Superbike Low bars on my bike.
 
I have some Renthal ultra lows on mine. They do make contact with the tank when you crank em over though, so be careful if you go that route.

 
Funny, my ultra lows do not make contact with my tank. Have you tried reclocking your controls? I have about 1/8" of clearance at full lock.


Sent from an undisclosed location
 
WhiskeyUSMC1979_imp said:
Funny, my ultra lows do not make contact with my tank. Have you tried reclocking your controls? I have about 1/8" of clearance at full lock.


Sent from an undisclosed location
It's the vents on the bottom of the controls that make contact. Would have to rotate them a lot to get clearance. I probably just need to roll the bars forward a little. If you get a chance it would be awesome if you could snap a pic of your setup that would be great. Would love to see one from the side so I can see how your controls are clocked in relation to your bars and how your bars sit in relation to your rake.
 
Hopefully this helps.

Here you can see where the bars are at in the STOCK risers.
084d0cf6f17ec465a8b5fdaedf188ce6.jpg


Next up is the clearance at full lock in each direction. (Notice the vents do clear)
6f2b992f111e68a11e1e1f386f44d6b0.jpg

62275cb47ad3dd23449eeafc33dcb77c.jpg


View of each side from the front showing that my reservoirs are still level, so no major clocking needs done to clear.
593be5750ffe1a863a592bfa5f4ad4df.jpg

70866d74b7bc9b4655beb44f9f400ca4.jpg


Finally, a few different angles just because I haven't clogged this thread with enough pictures yet.
9c5d99a1939bdd3ad9d50707347684ea.jpg

e8ad14fa15bb0ec3c844ebb63fb6c7d8.jpg

fa399208b6645c55c65d1dcb0ec06679.jpg


Let me know if there is something else you are looking for. Hopefully I didn't hijack this thread too much. Haha

Sent from an undisclosed location
 
"Finally, a few different angles just because I haven't clogged this thread with enough pictures yet."

:rofl: Love it!
 
Thread starter
WhiskeyUSMC1979_imp said:
Funny, my ultra lows do not make contact with my tank. Have you tried reclocking your controls? I have about 1/8" of clearance at full lock.


Sent from an undisclosed location
I really like the look of those Renthals. And they are a very good price. Just wondering how much more forward you lean? I'm a bit on the large size at 6'4"

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
gbpack89_imp said:
WhiskeyUSMC1979_imp said:
Funny, my ultra lows do not make contact with my tank. Have you tried reclocking your controls? I have about 1/8" of clearance at full lock.


Sent from an undisclosed location
I really like the look of those Renthals. And they are a very good price. Just wondering how much more forward you lean? I'm a bit on the large size at 6'4"

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
I really like the look of those Renthals. And they are a very good price. Just wondering how much more forward you lean? I'm a bit on the large size at 6'4"

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
I'm 5'9". I lean forward a noticeable amount more than stock, but not to the point of discomfort for me. Bars sit at least 1 1/2" - 2" lower than stock.

Basically sit on your bike, and lean forward until your hands are completely under your stock bars. That's where these put you. That's where I wanted to be. It's not for everybody judging by the amount of threads here with guys putting on risers all the time. I'm not a tourer though, and if I was I wouldn't have picked this gorgeous bike to do it on.

Enjoy the ride!!


Sent from an undisclosed location
 
Thread starter
I was riding today and I was paying attention to my posture. I noticed I naturally lean forward to the point where my arms are bent. Although I'm taller I have long arms so I'm thinking that it won't be much of a change in body angle. Just stretch the arms out a bit

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top