HAND DEFLECTORS by NC

peterbaron

Road warrior
Thread starter
I know some members have hand deflectors by National Cycle (only)
Would like to know how you like it in summer, rain , local and hwy riding.
NC only feed back please
Thanks to all who responded.

N5502 Hand Deflectors
 
Hi Peter, I have hand deflectors, but mine are by Chic Design (check the Samurider site under "wind screens"). They were on my bike when I bought it, and to be honest, I thought I might remove them, for aesthetic reasons, but... I've really grown to like them. They protect my hands from bugs in the summer, and seem to keep my hands a bit warmer when I ride in cold weather. They are kind of expensive, but, at least for me, they work well, and I'll be keeping them on! I looked at the NC ones that you linked above, and I think the Chic Design have a bit more of a "style" to them. Good luck with your decision, but I'd consider Chic also.
 
I'm not sure if those are the ones I have or not. Bought them used from a forum member. Anyhow they are OK.. I think an awful lot of wind gets around them personally, but I ride in a lot colder weather than most. Down to minus 2 last year but have ridden in a lot colder than that. I prefer the mitts with heated grips I ran on the ST (now on the FJR). But haven't found any for the CB. Then again the big bike with the full fairing and windshield generally gets winter duty.

0d00940fc3eeec908f5530c27b2c6cfd.jpg


3d7f860f7c87912ffa5859e08aa60682.jpg


daaa3f083c8eb8754f7b2a14b74bae16.jpg


30caa88dc16771afdaf349a5546fd12e.jpg


7205bfab85521b9c35a40e211e3ca72a.jpg


bf724f87477443b1a3b580541b7e7aac.jpg
 
PB I checked when installing them today and they do have a little NC on them in all that scroll on the bracket.
 
The Chic Design guards have a more pronounced curvature back toward your hands. Don't know if it makes much difference as I've never tried the NC ones, but from just visual inspection of Ferret's pics, I think my hands are more "tucked in" behind that screen than the NC looks to provide. Though, mine may not be quite as "tall" as the ones in the pic.
 
The shield and handguards I sold were National Cycle. I ride in as low as 5C or 41F without a screen or guards. I wear a full face and some good layers. Below 5C and I start to wonder why I'm doing this to myself...
 
I know the CB can behave sweetly at -25C (+ windchill at speed of 80 to 100 km/h). I didn't expect it, but no Honda problems for the whole 45 minutes of riding. Not bad for an air-cooled 1100. As for moi, I had a hot-shot stuffed in each glove near the knuckles and generally dressed appropriately everywhere else. Without gear like you folks shared, I probably wouldn't have lasted beyond another 15 minutes.
 
This winter, I'm trying out these hand covers and a smaller windshield (vs. that giant nat'l cycle plexifairing-2) .

a350809c1a21661fcf2b67f1b7c54c10.jpg


I only have one short afternoon ride w/ them, so I have no complaints so far...
3154d9eaa1e387440a2444bf08831628.jpg
 
Jedd those hand covers look great. What one's are they? I can see print but can't make it out.

I love the mitts I have on my FJR (formerly on the ST)
 
jedd_imp said:
This winter, I'm trying out these hand covers and a smaller windshield (vs. that giant nat'l cycle plexifairing-2) .

a350809c1a21661fcf2b67f1b7c54c10.jpg


I only have one short afternoon ride w/ them, so I have no complaints so far...
3154d9eaa1e387440a2444bf08831628.jpg
Love your front fender. :worship:
 
Impressive work, popgun.
 
I give all the credit to my CB1100forum secret decoder ring :P (the only one known to exist, and awarded by Guth, for all you newbies). :D
 
Yes, cool fender. Re-purposed or new?

I have used bare hard plastic hand protectors in the bowels of winter and found they offered negligible cold wind protection for me. Do you find this model possibly better than the bare hard plastic ones?
 
Back
Top