Guy Martin and the Wall of Death

Thanks for the link redbirds, that was entertaining. That man is insane. I watched the interview in the link you posted and couldn't understand half of what he said..

Tapatalkkal küldve az én SM-A300FU eszközömről
 
That is simply amazing!!
I saw a rider on the Wall of Death at a rally in the USA a couple of years ago and he went so fast he was light headed and unsteady when he stopped and got off the bike.
The G forces nearly got him :D
 
Thread starter
alphonsus_imp said:
Thanks for the link redbirds, that was entertaining. That man is insane. I watched the interview in the link you posted and couldn't understand half of what he said..

Tapatalkkal küldve az én SM-A300FU eszközömről
All Guy's interviews should be subtitled.
 
redbirds_imp said:
alphonsus_imp said:
Thanks for the link redbirds, that was entertaining. That man is insane. I watched the interview in the link you posted and couldn't understand half of what he said..

Tapatalkkal küldve az én SM-A300FU eszközömről
All Guy's interviews should be subtitled.
All Guy's interviews should be subtitled.
He sounds perfectly normal to me.
 
Gentlemen,

He pulled 6.5 G's for a couple seconds and 5 G's for quite a while. Above 4 G's the blood pressure in your head drops close to zero and it is zero above 6 G's. The eyes take more blood pressure to function than the brain so you lose vision first and within seconds you lose consciousness. During my airshow days I have GLOC'd twice going completely to sleep and almost killing myself both times. Modern akro planes like the ones you see in the Red Bull races can pull 12 G's and a pilot can operate like that for only 4 seconds before the lights go out. So extremely high G turns and maneuvers must be completed quickly. Just 4 G's will put most people to sleep if you pull it for 30 seconds so the wall of death ride is super dangerous. It's really hard to tell when you are going to black out.

Chip
 
Agreed. I wonder if he wears some kind of inflatable g-suit. I can't imagine pulling over 5 Gs for that long and still be able to see (and follow) the line on the wall. Air Force style grunting techniques help, but not that much. I've done a sustained 5 Gs in a hard level turn and started going gray in 4-5 seconds.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Sort of reminds me of The Ferret on the ramp entering I-275. ;)

:rofl: get outta here lol .... the only 4Gs I pull is my smart phone outta my pocket
 
Back
Top