Gut Factory Muffler

What? 43 of what bikes? CB1100's?
 
Thread starter
I thought 19,000 was high too.

Must be key word searches bringing in non-members searching the web?
 
Thread starter
Made a small video with my phone of my exhaust sound....I like it more every time I ride it ;-)

It definitely reaches some kind of harmonic sound about 5000 RPM that I like.

I played it and Carguy1959's....can't tell much difference if any.....maybe a slight lower tone?

 
...that new link seems to work!

If I didn't already have a Staintune, I might have tried the mild version of this mod (just the hole drilling part). And, if I didn't like it, I could go back to stock by installing a donut shaped plate of steel over the drilled holes. With the end-cap back in place, no-one would ever know you had modified the muffler.
 
Thread starter
I left the donut off for a while with the tabs still on, but after a year (knowing I have a backup muffler in storage) I decided I was going for the retro Kerker header look I remember being on the Z1 900 I rode once and cut the tabs off.....that gave it that squared off look the Kerker headers had.
 
I have noticed the rear cap has started turning the same bronze color as my headers.
 
kennyw_imp said:
I have noticed the rear cap has started turning the same bronze color as my headers.
It will do that now that it is getting blasted directly with hot exhaust...before the mod it was never really in contact with the exhaust stream.

Do you think that the end cap might look good coated with a high-heat black paint?...that might provide some interesting contrast.
 
I've been considering coating the whole exhaust system since my muffler came with extra scratches from the PO. Less parts to keep shiny as well.
 
Back
Top