gsxr250

jimgl3_imp

Been there
Thread starter
so, i rode a gsxr250 yesterday. boy what a disappointment. scooter power. that's it. i really expected a little more.
 
lol what is scooter power? A 250 is a pretty small motor I wouldn't expect much. I have ridden 250's (Kaw Ninja 250) and 300's (Yam R3) and all of them have the power of getting hit in the tush with a marshmallow to me.

it always amazed me that Stichill and Empty Sea were able to enjoy their Honda CBR 250's. I have trouble appreciating the CB 500X I have in the garage. To me they are all gutless, but then I have been riding liter bikes since 1977 and I'm used to having some P O W E R lol
 
They are fun in their own way. You just have to understand you are not on a liter bike and enjoy it for what it is. An ultra-light bike that works well in technical stuff if you keep revs and momentum up, or, a great little conveyance for cruising the country side @ 55 mph and getting 65-70 mpg.
 
Which one of these does not belong in this group?

- Suzuki GW250
- Pembroke Corgi
- Suzuki GSXR250
- Yamaha V-Star 250
 
They say it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow...

So, that Gixxer 250... technically... should be more fun to ride than a CB1100. Right?
 
Thread starter
i did not expect any power past about 60 or 70 mph, but i thought it would be able to jump off the line and go about 35 maybe? before it gave out. but when you let out the clutch in first, it's time to shift to second. second doesn't go either. about third gear it finally started going at a decent pace. no power, but at least it was now moving. a bicycle could out accelerate it off the line.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
They say it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow...

So, that Gixxer 250... technically... should be more fun to ride than a CB1100. Right?
I really like small bikes, and they kind of are more fun. Nobody knows you're racing. Riding a YZF-R3 right now, put 110 miles on it last night, and another 200 in the next couple days, but 70mph = 7300rpm. Talk about buzz/kill.
peterbaron_imp said:
pekingduck_imp said:
Trick question. None. They're all dogs.
Joe, do you work on dogs or motorcycles?? :P
:beerchug:
Joe, do you work on dogs or motorcycles?? :P
:beerchug:
I'm actually working on a Piaggio MP3 250 that is a real pain. It gives dogs a bad name.....:(
 
We had Vespas in Europe, small engine/125cc scooters, but Lambretta was more popular with 175 cc, I think??
This "dog" you working on is a 3 wheeler...different animal, what's wrong with it?
 
peterbaron_imp said:
We had Vespas in Europe, small engine/125cc scooters, but Lambretta was more popular with 175 cc, I think??
This "dog" you working on is a 3 wheeler...different animal, what's wrong with it?
The 3-wheelers have issues with the hydraulic system that locks the side-to-side tilting front end when coming to a stop or parking. The safety system honks the horn at times when it's not all kosher.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Do these have an hydraulic unit/pump to control frt suspension??
Yes they do. Fortunately it's not connected to the braking circuit (a la Citroen).

In actually riding it, the twin front wheels really are amazing. You hardly need to worry about debris or road imperfections when cornering/leaning - very reassuring. Hope Yamaha imports their Tri-City 300 scooter.
 
Back
Top