Greetings and a question

Snowwolfe_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
New member, great bikes. Been thinking of buying one used. Top of my radar is a 2013 with a Yoshimura race exhaust. Owner states bike runs great and he is the second owner, 11k miles.

Would adding this type of exhaust affect how the bike runs? Would it lean it out any making it sputter or ride rough?

Thanks! Hope to be a member of this club someday.
 
:hello: Howdy and welcome to the forum. Quite a few members of the forum run the Yoshimura exhaust without issues.
 
the Yoshimura RSC pipe (the black one you most commonly see) might require EFI tuning or a Power commander to make sure it produces correct results when installed, but most anybody who's putting one of those on would almost always do that as well. My advice is to ask the owner if the bike has any of that done to it or if it's running stock EFI. if that is taken care of it should run fantastic.
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the info. Owner told me he didnt have to do anything to the bike and it runs great. That makes me apprehensive. He is also the second owner. I still might take a look at it but am hoping to find a 14 or 15. Seller has a 13.
Great forum!
 
you're in the US, so you shouldn't find a '15. '14s are awesome though. gotta love having that 6th gear, and the superior black paint job is a sign of a true connoisseur.

was the 2nd owner the one who put the Yoshi on, or the first owner? if he's the 2nd owner, he might not have any clue how the stock bike feels.
 
I have the full Yoshimura Pipe on my 2014. Before I purchased the bike/pipe I wrote to Yoshimura and asked if I had to make adjustments to the fuel mix. Their reply was no tuning was needed for this pipe alone. I love the looks and I have no idea if it improves performance as it was installed before I took the first ride. I think it works great and needs nothing done to the bike to make it safe to run.

I am sure that some improvement could be attained getting it tuned but I just do not see the need. The bike is just super smooth and great power.
 
The CB1100 is a prime example of Honda best engineering practices. They applied what they understand well and what will endure the test of time and quantity of use.
 
Snowwolfe_imp said:
New member, great bikes. Been thinking of buying one used. Top of my radar is a 2013 with a Yoshimura race exhaust. Owner states bike runs great and he is the second owner, 11k miles.

Would adding this type of exhaust affect how the bike runs? Would it lean it out any making it sputter or ride rough?

Thanks! Hope to be a member of this club someday.
Hey there, welcome! Is the exhaust in question a full exhaust system (headers all the way back to to the silencer) or just a slip-on muffler? The stock headers are stainless steel which look golden-brown after some use, and have an integrated catalytic converter. A full exhaust system that eliminates the stock catalytic converter normally requires (or at the very least benefits from) modifying the stock EFI to adjust fueling for more exhaust flow. Hope this helps. If the ‘13 you’re looking at has a full exhaust mod that you like, a fuel controller is easy to attain and will allow you to dial in the fueling for your needs.
 
Back
Top