Great Safety Product at a Bargain!

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
I have raved about my Brake Free helmet brake light.
They started offering a white version a while back, and then later updated the charging port from Micro USB to USB-C.

The Micro USB white model is now on Black Friday clearance for $100, and if you sign up on their email list you can get it for $90.

Just grabbed one!

Brake Free Helmet Brake Light
 
^^+1^^
I attest that this is a very good product.
It has already been mounted and travels between my two helmets

80f2da06c490cd1de72e3d2299a2365a.jpg


9179d9b476133e9cdb777706dd6917da.jpg
 
Thread starter
I have used mine for a long time and have gotten comments on how well it works. I’ve also started seeing more of them on the road and can see it myself.

One criticism I have is their”XL” mount. This isn’t clearly defined on their site. They’re not larger, but they do stick out further so that the curved light can mount to a helmet that has a flatter back side. The light doesn’t attach as firmly to the XL mount, but I have a trick for that.
 
I had to mount a double mounting pad to my white helmet due to its curved shape and interference with the light's edges.
 
Thread starter
That’s what the XL mount is, basically a double- thick one for that purpose. Calling it an XL doesn’t really explain that and makes one think it’s a bigger size or is made for a bigger size helmet.
 
Thread starter
Got my new one last night. Convenient that the white ones were being blown out, and most of my helmets are white.

Mrs. G and I met up after work to look at some Christmas decorations last night, and she followed me home part of the way, and I had my old Brake Free on my helmet. She says it still works perfectly, and was turning bright each time I braked to slow or stop.
 
This thang changes the shape of your helmet, and your helmet has a certain shape for a certain purpose. It is not only a device which protects your precious brain container from direct impact, it's round the way it is in order to minimize induced torque into your skull, neck, etc. when you slide along the curb, roll down the street, or in similar cases.

And this beautiful light may change that induced torque unless it's glued onto the helmet in such a way that it comes off at the slightest bang.

So the interesting question is this : Does this thing come off easily ? Have you tried ?
 
Thread starter
It snaps into a flat mount on the helmet. It will pop off with the slightest drop. Not worried about that point.
 
Thread starter
A friend with one rode by me yesterday evening as I was getting ready to leave. It’s pretty darn bright.
 
you know, the thing that makes it a sale for me is that it actually gives you a brake light that comes on when you're engine braking....one of the biggest problems with a motorcycle is that if you're riding it correctly, you have no brake indicator for half the time you're slowing down.
 
Thread starter
misterprofessionality_imp said:
you know, the thing that makes it a sale for me is that it actually gives you a brake light that comes on when you're engine braking....one of the biggest problems with a motorcycle is that if you're riding it correctly, you have no brake indicator for half the time you're slowing down.
Can confirm. I've been playing commute-tag with a neighbor lately. He has a Brake Free too, and I can see his lighting up before his brake light when he slows.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
you know, the thing that makes it a sale for me is that it actually gives you a brake light that comes on when you're engine braking....one of the biggest problems with a motorcycle is that if you're riding it correctly, you have no brake indicator for half the time you're slowing down.
Can confirm. I've been playing commute-tag with a neighbor lately. He has a Brake Free too, and I can see his lighting up before his brake light when he slows.
Can confirm. I've been playing commute-tag with a neighbor lately. He has a Brake Free too, and I can see his lighting up before his brake light when he slows.
...which means owners of this helmet light are safer!!
 
Back
Top