Great roads

Very pretty road, redbirds, although I think I might have enjoyed the early parts of the road from Suches to Blue Ridge more if it hadn't been pelting with rain.
 
Thanks, guys. I might be able to hit some of those roads, but even a straight out-and-back from Wears Valley to War Woman Rd. is 250 miles. Well, actually, that's the distance to Mountain Rest, SC then west on Chattanooga Ridge Rd. to US76 to Clayton, GA THEN east on War Woman and back. (I get to check off SC that way). Hitting those other roads will be a struggle unless I'm riding solo that day. LOL

Redbird - do you know anything about Chattanooga Ridge Rd. from Mountain Rest to US76?
 
Thread starter
Sea how about going over the mountain from Gatlinburg to Cherokee. Great ride thru Smoky Mt Natl Park. 19/74 is a short hop from Cherokee and then down 28 to Georgia.

Or down BRP to Cherokee to 19/74 to 28
 
Yes, Ferret, I was looking at those routes. I can keep it under 250 miles, hit BRP, GA and SC in one ride, I think. We'll see what the temperament of the group is that week. LOL
 
28 through Franklin and Highlands is a good ride.
 
Thanks for all the GA tips. It looks like we're staying in Tellico Plains instead of near Gatlinburg so that means we are almost certain to be taking a ride into the Peach State ... Thanks again for the great road tips.
 
Thread starter
Say hello to the ladies at Tellico Kats for us
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Very pretty road, redbirds, although I think I might have enjoyed the early parts of the road from Suches to Blue Ridge more if it hadn't been pelting with rain.
Yes, that can be a problem :rofl::rofl::rofl:
 
Back
Top