jchoby_imp
Running like a top
What app is that?CIP57_imp said:I had a nuvi 350 on my ST, i use my iPhone now.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
What app is that?CIP57_imp said:I had a nuvi 350 on my ST, i use my iPhone now.
What app is that?jchoby_imp said:What app is that?CIP57_imp said:I had a nuvi 350 on my ST, i use my iPhone now.

You should be able to set up a route on Google maps, then just ride the route, from time to time, if you (the blue arrow), are not on the screen, just tap the black dot with a circle around it, usually at the bottom right of the screen, (I think), this will center the map/screen on your location. At this point, you should be able to see where you are in relation to your route.EmptySea_imp said:I guess I'm just not that bright. I can use Google Maps on my pc to create a route and drag points to different roads to modify the route (for instance, to hit a particularly curvy stretch of road just off the more direct route). I can then save that map to "My Places" in Google and come back to it. That part is fine, BUT I do not know how to get that saved route to display on my iPhone (5s). I downloaded an app called My Maps Pro which sort of does this, but it won't tell me, for example, how many miles it is to the next turn from my current point. To get that sort of information, I have to use the google maps app or iPhone maps and ask for directions from my current point to the next turn and would have to repeat that each and every time I wanted to know how far to the next turn. When you print the route in Google Maps, btw, it does not give you the mileage from leg to leg.
I don't need to have audible directions, nor do i need the fastest route. I need to be able to set up the route of my choosing and then, when I am not sure where to turn, to be able to look at whatever device that it is and have it show me my current location in relation to my chosen route and, ideally, how far it is to the next 'check point'. I don't see that any of the replies have addressed this, but like I said, I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree. Thanks for your help, though.![]()
thanks CIP
. New toy lolNice mount!WK57ABF_imp said:Garmin for me - Zumo 660 and billet mount fitted a few weeks ago.
John
Is that what you use to time those runs to 100? That was you, right? If not, what do you use for them? I'd like to check my 0-60 time on occasion.CIP57_imp said:What app is that?jchoby_imp said:What app is that?CIP57_imp said:I had a nuvi 350 on my ST, i use my iPhone now.
Speedmeter:: great app tracks your MPH and trip log
:rofl: That's a good one! And kinda true in my case. I tend to rely mostly on signs and luck to get where I'm going (it's more fun that way). I keep a paper map of the western U.S. under the seat for emergencies.Rollnon2_imp said:I have ordered a new Tom Tom Rider 2 for my KTM? Don't if I'll use it on CB? I think on a CB it's mandatory you use a paper map to find way home!!
I picked that unit because it has a "curvey road" setting that supposedly send you on the curviest route to destination? Unfortunately it may be spring before I can offer a review of how it works? They are between $349-$399.
I also chose the Rider 2 for my Honda NT. I plan on getting another cable and mount to be able to also use it on the CB. Found it brand new on eBay for $299.Rollnon2_imp said:I have ordered a new Tom Tom Rider 2 for my KTM? Don't if I'll use it on CB? I think on a CB it's mandatory you use a paper map to find way home!!
I picked that unit because it has a "curvey road" setting that supposedly send you on the curviest route to destination? Unfortunately it may be spring before I can offer a review of how it works? They are between $349-$399.

Great info Django! Nice to have all the tech savvy CB1100 riders we can find.Django_imp said:This is just the way, I usually use my Garmin Zumo 660 at my motorcycle.
I plan the route at home at my PC, using the software `basecamp', which comes from Garmin with the device. Beside the maps, delivered by Garmin, you can also use Openstreetmap. I also use topological maps, to get an idea, where it's interesting to go.
Then I use the USB connection, to download the route to my device very easily. Also, I can upload the tracks, which I recorded with my device during the tour, and see on my computer maps, where I was in reality.
During the ride I use the device mainly as a pointing device to follow my predefined route, not for calculating any routes. Very seldom I just press the `bring me home' button.
When we do tours in a group, approx. 6 out of 10 have a Garmin and we share the same route. So nobody gets lost during the tour and we just reunion at certain waypoints, we also have planned into the tour. No need for waiting at every junction or traffic light for the followers.
Beside that, you can download routes from other riders from the internet, like AllTrails: Trail Guides & Maps for Hiking, Camping, and Running | AllTrails and use them on your device, or just for getting an idea where to go in an area, where you haven't been before.
E.g. this tour I did recently at a weekend with a rented motorcycle, when I was in San Diego for a business trip. And I used tour material from other riders, who have been there before, to get a clue about, where to go.