Governor

NickLHG_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hey guys, been a while since I’ve been on here as I just picked up a Suzuki dr-Z400SM as a project before I dive into my goldwing project.
Is there anyway to remove the governor or even tone it down to max speeds of 80? I’m sure it’s a silly question, like why do that.. I have my reasons.
I’m guessing it’s all computerized and I’d have to send it into a shop to get it retuned or something.
Thanks guys!
Aye while I’m at it.. still don’t have my RLETs can anyone drop me a link so I can buy those while I remember?
 
I would be surprised if the DRZ-SM had a speed limiter- as it is based on a dirtbike from the 1990's.

But the people on Thumpertalk would be the ones to ask. DRZ400/E/S/SM

Tons of parts interchange between years and models.
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
I would be surprised if the DRZ-SM had a speed limiter- as it is based on a dirtbike from the 1990's.

But the people on Thumpertalk would be the ones to ask. DRZ400/E/S/SM

Tons of parts interchange between years and models.
Oops sorry I forgot to mention I was asking about the governor for the cb1100. My apologies! Don’t think I need a governor on the drz cuz it only goes up to 94 mph
 
You have to have the ECU reflashed. Contact Don Guhl: Home - Guhl Motors

He has reflashed a number of member's ECUs. If the limit can be moved down, he can do it.
 
Nick, RLETs: you have to order 2 x Part # 95010-16001 from a dealer.
 
And keep in mind the dealer will not know what an RLET is. They are CAP, LEVER END
 
Thanks Ferret. I went by memory. Which seems to be lacking... :)
 
NickLHG_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
I would be surprised if the DRZ-SM had a speed limiter- as it is based on a dirtbike from the 1990's.

But the people on Thumpertalk would be the ones to ask. DRZ400/E/S/SM

Tons of parts interchange between years and models.
Oops sorry I forgot to mention I was asking about the governor for the cb1100. My apologies! Don’t think I need a governor on the drz cuz it only goes up to 94 mph

Yea- but super easy to get a lot more power out of...TONS of options, dirt cheap, easy to work on.
 
Back
Top