Gotta love her

Good job Mr and Mrs Ferret! I like what Houtman said... 'choosing
right in the first place'. It looks like you both did! My wife and I
will celebrate our 38th anniversary this summer. The best decision
I've ever made!!
 
Will be 35 years June 2nd here! She thinks I'm a keeper :) when we dated we was riding a 1975 cb750. Many many bikes later and we still in love! Wow how does she put up with me ! :)
Michael
 
Ridem...that's cool. When we were dating, I was riding a 1970 Kawasaki H1 500 and she rode all over North Jersey on the back of it. She even went into Manhatten with me once (what was I thinking??? ). She doesn't ride with me any more... prefers the cars instead. Something about hair, makeup, and nice clothes... Or maybe she misses the smoke from that 2 stroke and the ring, ding sound??
 
Congrats Mickey! She does sound like a truly wonderful woman!

Guth_imp said:
Congratulations Mickey! It's quite obvious that your wife is the true gift. Here's wishing the two of you many, many more. She certainly picked out some choice items for you.

I grew up in a little town in Illinois located right on Route 66. Ironically, our most notable presence was a barn outside of town serving as an advertisement for Meramec Caverns — located in Missouri.

I also own that same Honda book. Lots of great info contained in those pages.
I don't know the name of the town Guth, but I believe I have pictures of the that barn somewhere. (On the east side of 55, sandwiched in between 55 & old 66?) In the early 90's I used to travel old 66 quite often, heading to Joplin, Mo. to visit a friend that had moved down there.
 
When my ex-girlfriend (now my wife) and I first got together, she was not at all a fan of motorcyclesl. Regardless, I couldn't imagine spending my life without her and we got married. Later, if I were to mention any interest in bikes to her, it did not go over well. I knew this going into the marriage, and I could accept it as I could understand her concerns. After 13 years of marriage, my wife attended a Buddhist meditation retreat. After she returned, we were sitting outside talking. Out of the blue, she looked at me and said that she shouldn't be preventing me from buying a motorcycle if that was what I truly wanted to do. Not long after that I was making a trip to Seattle to pick up my Hawk GT (the one bike I had never been able to stop thinking about). I've been riding ever since then. She still doesn't care much for motorcycles, but she is able to recognize the positive impact that they have on my mental state. These days, it's not uncommon for her to tell me that I need to go for a ride.

We just celebrated our 20th anniversary last year. Hopefully, we'll both be around to celebrate our 40th and beyond, and I'm looking forward to it.
 
Nice love story Guth. Being married 35 here I was 18 she was 17. We both don't work and during the day I will say well I'm going riding she just says becarefull I got a great wife. When I got my new cb1100 she did not know till about 2 days later. She walked in my shop and said wow you got a new bike :)
 
Congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Ferret and Mr. & Mrs. Houtman. The same to ridem32 and everyone else who is making it work. I'll be marking the completion of year 29 with the lovely Jane this July.

Life is always so much more interesting when a good woman agrees to come along for the ride.
 
Thread starter
Good to see so many marriages still going strong.

Guth your story illustrates an important point. Spouses need to support each other, even if they are not interested in what the other person wants to do. Building blocks for a strong foundation. My wife loves her garden. I can't tell one flower from another. I bought her 20 Annuals and 20 Perennials for her garden for our anniversary. She was very happy.

My wife had never been on a motorcycle when we met, although I had already been riding for 7 years. She soon fell in love with riding however and we have travelled all over this country and Europe on 2 wheels in the last 42 years (married 40 dated 2). She's a trooper!
 
Damfino_imp said:
Congrats Mickey! She does sound like a truly wonderful woman!

Guth_imp said:
Congratulations Mickey! It's quite obvious that your wife is the true gift. Here's wishing the two of you many, many more. She certainly picked out some choice items for you.

I grew up in a little town in Illinois located right on Route 66. Ironically, our most notable presence was a barn outside of town serving as an advertisement for Meramec Caverns — located in Missouri.

I also own that same Honda book. Lots of great info contained in those pages.
I don't know the name of the town Guth, but I believe I have pictures of the that barn somewhere. (On the east side of 55, sandwiched in between 55 & old 66?) In the early 90's I used to travel old 66 quite often, heading to Joplin, Mo. to visit a friend that had moved down there.
Pontiac, Illinois.

I think there were a quite a few barns that had been painted in a similar fashion, but I have no idea if any of them are still around today.
The ferret_imp said:
Good to see so many marriages still going strong.

Guth your story illustrates an important point. Spouses need to support each other, even if they are not interested in what the other person wants to do. Building blocks for a strong foundation. My wife loves her garden. I can't tell one flower from another. I bought her 20 Annuals and 20 Perennials for her garden for our anniversary. She was very happy.

My wife had never been on a motorcycle when we met, although I had already been riding for 7 years. She soon fell in love with riding however and we have travelled all over this country and Europe on 2 wheels in the last 42 years (married 40 dated 2). She's a trooper!
By the way ferret, please be sure to pass along my thanks to Mrs. ferret for being supportive of all the time you invest in this place! I don't know if she realizes that you are pretty much the center of the CB1100 universe [insert graphic of a solar system consisting of various models and configurations of CB1100s revolving around the ferret here], but as that is the case, I believe that thanking her is certainly appropriate.
 
Congratulations! In today's environment being with the same spouse that long is monumental.
I'm gonna put out some strong hints about those shirts for our upcoming anniversary.
 
Guth_imp said:
Damfino_imp said:
Congrats Mickey! She does sound like a truly wonderful woman!

Guth_imp said:
Congratulations Mickey! It's quite obvious that your wife is the true gift. Here's wishing the two of you many, many more. She certainly picked out some choice items for you.

I grew up in a little town in Illinois located right on Route 66. Ironically, our most notable presence was a barn outside of town serving as an advertisement for Meramec Caverns — located in Missouri.

I also own that same Honda book. Lots of great info contained in those pages.
I don't know the name of the town Guth, but I believe I have pictures of the that barn somewhere. (On the east side of 55, sandwiched in between 55 & old 66?) In the early 90's I used to travel old 66 quite often, heading to Joplin, Mo. to visit a friend that had moved down there.
Pontiac, Illinois.

I think there were a quite a few barns that had been painted in a similar fashion, but I have no idea if any of them are still around today.
The ferret_imp said:
Good to see so many marriages still going strong.

Guth your story illustrates an important point. Spouses need to support each other, even if they are not interested in what the other person wants to do. Building blocks for a strong foundation. My wife loves her garden. I can't tell one flower from another. I bought her 20 Annuals and 20 Perennials for her garden for our anniversary. She was very happy.

My wife had never been on a motorcycle when we met, although I had already been riding for 7 years. She soon fell in love with riding however and we have travelled all over this country and Europe on 2 wheels in the last 42 years (married 40 dated 2). She's a trooper!
By the way ferret, please be sure to pass along my thanks to Mrs. ferret for being supportive of all the time you invest in this place! I don't know if she realizes that you are pretty much the center of the CB1100 universe [insert graphic of a solar system consisting of various models and configurations of CB1100s revolving around the ferret here], but as that is the case, I believe that thanking her is certainly appropriate.
I do believe that is where I got my picture from, but anyway, I was just in Pontiac last summer. Stopped to check out that new Pontiac automobile museum and looked over the antique mall that now resides in the old town hall!
 
I hesitated to bring this up, then reconsidered (and I'm not looking for sympathy), but my lovely wife of 50 years passed away last October. It would have been 51 years in June.
It's been a pretty rough six months, but life must go on as she would have wanted. She would never get on a motorcycle, but never held me back ever. All she would say was, "Have fun and be careful."
I know she would have been delighted to see the new CB. She always suppoorted me and my crazy bike addiction.
It made me smile to see the longevity of the marriages. Good on you guys :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Rocky..Know you are not looking for it, but I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how hard the last 6 months have been for you..just can't imagine. Hang in there buddy and if you feel like chatting let me know.
 
Yea rocky it would be very hard buddy. Just the little things in life with someone you love mean so much when their gone. Hang tuff buddy and as ferret said talk anytime. There're is very nice people on this forum. Keep riding and live your life , I think she would want that after being with you all those years. :).
Michael
 
The ferret_imp said:
Rocky..Know you are not looking for it, but I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how hard the last 6 months have been for you..just can't imagine. Hang in there buddy and if you feel like chatting let me know.
And my thoughts are with you too Rocky. Yes, there are some good people on the forum and everyone of them will only be too glad to give you their time. Personal Messages are there and ideal for a quite chat.

Cheers, mate
 
Rocky_imp said:
I hesitated to bring this up, then reconsidered (and I'm not looking for sympathy), but my lovely wife of 50 years passed away last October. It would have been 51 years in June.
It's been a pretty rough six months, but life must go on as she would have wanted. She would never get on a motorcycle, but never held me back ever. All she would say was, "Have fun and be careful."
I know she would have been delighted to see the new CB. She always suppoorted me and my crazy bike addiction.
It made me smile to see the longevity of the marriages. Good on you guys :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
It would have taken a lot of courage to speak up about your loss. Much respect to you. I hope to emulate you guys one day but I've got many years to go! Take care and enjoy your ride. :beerchug:

Andy
 
Aussie_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
I hesitated to bring this up, then reconsidered (and I'm not looking for sympathy), but my lovely wife of 50 years passed away last October. It would have been 51 years in June.
It's been a pretty rough six months, but life must go on as she would have wanted. She would never get on a motorcycle, but never held me back ever. All she would say was, "Have fun and be careful."
I know she would have been delighted to see the new CB. She always suppoorted me and my crazy bike addiction.
It made me smile to see the longevity of the marriages. Good on you guys :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
It would have taken a lot of courage to speak up about your loss. Much respect to you. I hope to emulate you guys one day but I've got many years to go! Take care and enjoy your ride. :beerchug:

Andy
It would have taken a lot of courage to speak up about your loss. Much respect to you. I hope to emulate you guys one day but I've got many years to go! Take care and enjoy your ride. :beerchug:

Andy Thanks for the kind words Andy :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top