Gotta love her

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Today my lovely wife and I celebrated our 40 th anniversary ( it's actually Sunday the 11 th). We celebrated the occasion with our children, and their spouses, and our grandchildren plus my brother and sister and their spouses.

Anyhow, my wife surprised me with some really cool gifts, some of which are shown below. The gloves are my favorites, soft supple deerskin to replace an aging pair. A great Honda reference book covering all models from 1958-1990, a book about a mouse and a motorcycle to read to my grandson who I watch every Friday, a Route 66 sign to help commemorate an upcoming trip to the west coast, and two CB 1100 tee shirts. Also not shown, a can of Plexus and a couple oil filters.



Pretty cool huh? Think I might keep her!
 
Happy Anniversary!! Oh, and I have the same Rte 66 sign....I try to travel the original sections here in Illinois whenever possible.
 
Hearty congratulations to Mr and Mrs Ferret on a remarkable achievement. May there be many more.
 
Congrats to you and Mrs. Ferret!

You did quite well for yourself. Your grandson is going to love The Mouse and the Motorcycle. I think that was the first book I ever read on my own. If he's a good boy, maybe you can read him the Honda book too :D
 
Congrats Mr. Ferret!

And that Plexus is great. I just got some to try and was pretty impressed with it. And found out about it from this board!
 
Thread starter
Thanks everyone and congrats to you and Mrs Houtman as well. We chose wisely Houtman :thumbsup:
 
Houtman_imp said:
Happy Anniversary Ferrit,we had our 40 th on may the 3 th.
Congratulations to you and Mrs Houtman.

The ferret_imp said:
Thanks everyone and congrats to you and Mrs Houtman as well. We chose wisely Houtman :thumbsup:
You did; so too did your respective wives apparently.

Not all of us have been so lucky or wise.
 
Many people asked me "what is the secret?"
I reply there is no secret, just choose the right one in the first place!

It is a bit like buying a bike, pick the right one and you will not be disappointed (CB1100)
 
Congratulations to you and Mrs Ferret on a terrific milestone!!
Nothing like having the right woman to get through life with, especially doing it on two wheels. :clap: :biker:
Much health, happiness and prosperity to you both. Just awesome! :beerchug:
 
Congratulations Mickey! It's quite obvious that your wife is the true gift. Here's wishing the two of you many, many more. She certainly picked out some choice items for you.

I grew up in a little town in Illinois located right on Route 66. Ironically, our most notable presence was a barn outside of town serving as an advertisement for Meramec Caverns — located in Missouri.

I also own that same Honda book. Lots of great info contained in those pages.
 
Back
Top