Got These Today

I also have a set of those engine guards that I bought from Twisted Throttle about a month ago.

I'm now keeping my eyes open for a set of folding black highway pegs that don't detract from the overall bike aesthetics.
 
Thread starter
GaryMNM_imp said:
Very nice! I have a set coming in by the end of this week, looking forward to getting them installed.

Any caveats, warnings, suggestions, etc about the install?
Not really, it was an easy install but mind that you install the bars in proper order per instructions. I used Blue Loc-tite on the motor mount bolts as that looks like what Suzuki used originally. I also supported the motor with a scissor jack and mounted the bars one side at a time. Once both sides were installed, the motor mount bolts were set at recommended torque.

The Honda was even easier. Instructions are simple to follow.
 
Looks great! I am considering this as well. Do these new bars make the bike any wider? Or is the footpeg (or muffler)still the widest part of the bike? The reason I ask is because I commute to downtown LA daily (lane splitting almost the entire way) and every millimeter counts!
 
Thread starter
MikeOxbig_imp said:
Looks great! I am considering this as well. Do these new bars make the bike any wider? Or is the footpeg (or muffler)still the widest part of the bike? The reason I ask is because I commute to downtown LA daily (lane splitting almost the entire way) and every millimeter counts!
The bars actually fit quite close to the motor and will certainly not have any bearing on lane splitting nor cornering clearance.
 
The bars are not overly wide at all. They taper nicely. I love mine. They blend in with the bike perfectly as well.

Where do you commute from, MikeOxbig? I work in DTLA.
 
I can attest (the hard way) that these crash bars work. Another bonus is that scratches and gouges are easily repaired by some filing, filling, sanding and repainting.
 
Rebel73_imp said:
The bars are not overly wide at all. They taper nicely. I love mine. They blend in with the bike perfectly as well.

Where do you commute from, MikeOxbig? I work in DTLA.
I commute from Pasadena. I'll lookout for ya!
 
I fitted a pair of those guards to my '14 last summer.
Easy to install and appear to be a good product.
No plans on testing them in the near future though :D
 
MikeOxbig_imp said:
Rebel73_imp said:
The bars are not overly wide at all. They taper nicely. I love mine. They blend in with the bike perfectly as well.

Where do you commute from, MikeOxbig? I work in DTLA.
I commute from Pasadena. I'll lookout for ya!
I commute from Pasadena. I'll lookout for ya!
The dreaded 110!

I'm still amazed that the city hasn't modernized those Evel Knievel 90 degree turn entrances & exits. I had never seen a freeway entrance with a stop sign until I moved to the eastside.
 
LARIDER_imp said:
MikeOxbig_imp said:
Rebel73_imp said:
The bars are not overly wide at all. They taper nicely. I love mine. They blend in with the bike perfectly as well.

Where do you commute from, MikeOxbig? I work in DTLA.
I commute from Pasadena. I'll lookout for ya!
I commute from Pasadena. I'll lookout for ya!
The dreaded 110!

I'm still amazed that the city hasn't modernized those Evel Knievel 90 degree turn entrances & exits. I had never seen a freeway entrance with a stop sign until I moved to the eastside.
I commute from Pasadena. I'll lookout for ya!
The dreaded 110!

I'm still amazed that the city hasn't modernized those Evel Knievel 90 degree turn entrances & exits. I had never seen a freeway entrance with a stop sign until I moved to the eastside.
Yep, the good 'ole 110 freeway. Fun when it's open (twisty) but that all ends pretty quickly once traffic builds. I actually enjoy those 5ft onramps (w/ stop sign)! Forces you to gun it! Best way to start the mornings. but those short 90 degree exits are another story...
 
I bought and installed those two years ago. Went on very easy, then visually disappeared. If you lay the bike down (I did intentionally in the back yard to video how easy it is to pick up, even if you use your back instead of your legs) the case savers make a great half way pivot point for righting the bike.

Some say that they are as expensive as the cases so why bother; but you can hole these and the oil won't leak out. Can't say that about cases. :)
 
Rboe_imp said:
I bought and installed those two years ago. Went on very easy, then visually disappeared. If you lay the bike down (I did intentionally in the back yard to video how easy it is to pick up, even if you use your back instead of your legs) the case savers make a great half way pivot point for righting the bike.

Some say that they are as expensive as the cases so why bother; but you can hole these and the oil won't leak out. Can't say that about cases. :)
So you're saying the bars also makes it a lot easier to lift the bike back up if it's dropped? Not that I'm looking forward to dropping the bike but that's good to know, considering the CB weighs about 540 pounds (but feels like 400 pounds when riding). Is your video posted on the forum by any chance?
 
Bummer, mine arrived in yesterday scratched. Already back in the UPS system as per return instructions and probably a good couple weeks out before I see pair II, the sequel... :-/

redbirds_imp said:
GaryMNM_imp said:
Very nice! I have a set coming in by the end of this week, looking forward to getting them installed.

Any caveats, warnings, suggestions, etc about the install?
Not really, it was an easy install but mind that you install the bars in proper order per instructions. I used Blue Loc-tite on the motor mount bolts as that looks like what Suzuki used originally. I also supported the motor with a scissor jack and mounted the bars one side at a time. Once both sides were installed, the motor mount bolts were set at recommended torque.

The Honda was even easier. Instructions are simple to follow.
Not really, it was an easy install but mind that you install the bars in proper order per instructions. I used Blue Loc-tite on the motor mount bolts as that looks like what Suzuki used originally. I also supported the motor with a scissor jack and mounted the bars one side at a time. Once both sides were installed, the motor mount bolts were set at recommended torque.

The Honda was even easier. Instructions are simple to follow.
 
MikeOxbig_imp said:
Rboe_imp said:
I bought and installed those two years ago. Went on very easy, then visually disappeared. If you lay the bike down (I did intentionally in the back yard to video how easy it is to pick up, even if you use your back instead of your legs) the case savers make a great half way pivot point for righting the bike.

Some say that they are as expensive as the cases so why bother; but you can hole these and the oil won't leak out. Can't say that about cases. :)
So you're saying the bars also makes it a lot easier to lift the bike back up if it's dropped? Not that I'm looking forward to dropping the bike but that's good to know, considering the CB weighs about 540 pounds (but feels like 400 pounds when riding). Is your video posted on the forum by any chance?
So you're saying the bars also makes it a lot easier to lift the bike back up if it's dropped? Not that I'm looking forward to dropping the bike but that's good to know, considering the CB weighs about 540 pounds (but feels like 400 pounds when riding). Is your video posted on the forum by any chance?
It's around here somewhere! :D I forget where. But I suspect it was under SW Motec (sp?).

Once you lift the bike up from completely flat, the next somewhat stable position is the bike resting on the tires and case savers - and to a much reduced point: You.

At that point you can "rest", reposition if needed, and pop it vertically with relative ease.

In the video I do it all wrong by grabbing some handlebar, something in back and simply lifting the darn thing up. Very little leg muscle involved, but I'm in decent enough shape - and the case savers made it much easier. I would recommend backing your butt into the bike and using your legs as the main means to right the bike. :angel:
Can't find it, but if you're on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ron.boe.9/video...=3&theater

Taken first week of March last year, may help searching here.
 
Back
Top