Got the Tiro (CB750 KO style) seat!

Papa Weeley_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Some of you may have seen my earlier post, asking about the Tiro vintage style seat, since the Cozy has been out of stock for some time with Mr. T.
Since no one else had one to offer up any experience or reviews, I decided to be impatient (in regard to waiting for the Cozy) AND be a guinea pig, and order the Tiro. The fact that it is advertised as the official Honda aftermarket seat carried a lot of weight for me.
As usual, delivery time from Samurider was unbelievably short; ordered last Thursday (my time), and just got it here in SoCal about an hour ago.
Initial impression is "this thing's beefy"! Much heftier looking than the stock seat - though oddly, it actually seem to weigh less. Installing was just as easy as the stock piece, too.

The seat pan is very stout, even looks like a factory piece, and in fact it's stamped "HONDA":
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2014-5-13016_zps11c5f084.jpg.html]
The foam is firm, but feels very comfortable, and seems like it'll be nice and supportive for longer rides. Sitting still, flat-footing it, you can feel the sharper corners of top surface intruding on the inside of your legs, but it's soft enough that it's not uncomfortable. When your feet return to the pegs (99% of the time you're on the bike, after all), those corners aren't noticed at all, just a wider, flattish, very comfortable seating surface. It's obviously much thicker than the stock seat, both for rider and passenger. From the specs I've read, it's only supposed to be fractions of an inch taller, but the impression with the "buttometer" is more like a full inch, at least. I'm 6', and I feel like I suddenly got quite a bit more leg room. Here's the difference:
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2014-5-13020_zpse0675fdc.jpg.html]
Bad pic of it on the bike in it's present cramped quarters, but it's the best I can offer during office hours until I'm able to pull it out of hiding. I'll try to follow-up with how it feels after I've taken it out on a ride, too.
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2014-5-13022_zpse617b23a.jpg.html]

Enjoy! :D
 
That's a great looking seat. Some of the taller riders must like that profile shot, looks tall. Mines that style but came in two heights, I have the low. Thanks for the info.

Sorry I'm wrong = stock height?
 
Papa Weeley thanks for the info and the photos. I just got word that my Tiro has arrived. Being tall as well, I bought it mainly because of the height difference so it's good to hear that you notice it. I'll have more to report when I actually get to see my bike in person and get the seat on.
 
Thread starter
shdwghst457_imp said:
I imagine the back doesn't say Honda, does it? I really like the looks, and I'm 6'1 so that sounds pretty enticing.
No it doesn't. I've been toying with idea of getting one of the stencil kits I saw a post on a while back and painting one on myself, but I'm not sure if I care enough about it to risk the possibility of screwing up my brand new seat!
 
Thread starter
Somewhat, although not as bad as it looks in the pics, now that I look at them closer. And keep in mind that these were taken immediately after I got it, and had just taken it out of the box after a trans-Pacific shipment.
However, I just looked at the seat again, and those have mostly all smoothed out. I'm assuming (at least at this point) that some of that was deformation from the packing in the box, and some may have been done on purpose to give the cover a little "give" room? I'll report what I find as I get more seat time in on it.
And to be honest, this thing is so comfortable, AND improves my leg room so nicely that I could - almost - not care less how it looked! ;)
 
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Some of you may have seen my earlier post, asking about the Tiro vintage style seat, since the Cozy has been out of stock for some time with Mr. T.
Since no one else had one to offer up any experience or reviews, I decided to be impatient (in regard to waiting for the Cozy) AND be a guinea pig, and order the Tiro. The fact that it is advertised as the official Honda aftermarket seat carried a lot of weight for me.
As usual, delivery time from Samurider was unbelievably short; ordered last Thursday (my time), and just got it here in SoCal about an hour ago.
Initial impression is "this thing's beefy"! Much heftier looking than the stock seat - though oddly, it actually seem to weigh less. Installing was just as easy as the stock piece, too.

The seat pan is very stout, even looks like a factory piece, and in fact it's stamped "HONDA":
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2014-5-13016_zps11c5f084.jpg.html]
The foam is firm, but feels very comfortable, and seems like it'll be nice and supportive for longer rides. Sitting still, flat-footing it, you can feel the sharper corners of top surface intruding on the inside of your legs, but it's soft enough that it's not uncomfortable. When your feet return to the pegs (99% of the time you're on the bike, after all), those corners aren't noticed at all, just a wider, flattish, very comfortable seating surface. It's obviously much thicker than the stock seat, both for rider and passenger. From the specs I've read, it's only supposed to be fractions of an inch taller, but the impression with the "buttometer" is more like a full inch, at least. I'm 6', and I feel like I suddenly got quite a bit more leg room. Here's the difference:
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2014-5-13020_zpse0675fdc.jpg.html]
Bad pic of it on the bike in it's present cramped quarters, but it's the best I can offer during office hours until I'm able to pull it out of hiding. I'll try to follow-up with how it feels after I've taken it out on a ride, too.
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2014-5-13022_zpse617b23a.jpg.html]

Enjoy! :D

Looks good! :thumbsup:

Is that a black side cover? Would love to see a profile pic of that too, I have been playing around with the idea of getting black side covers as well.

Thanks for the pics! Cheers
 
Papa Weeley_imp said:
shdwghst457_imp said:
I imagine the back doesn't say Honda, does it? I really like the looks, and I'm 6'1 so that sounds pretty enticing.
No it doesn't. I've been toying with idea of getting one of the stencil kits I saw a post on a while back and painting one on myself, but I'm not sure if I care enough about it to risk the possibility of screwing up my brand new seat!
No it doesn't. I've been toying with idea of getting one of the stencil kits I saw a post on a while back and painting one on myself, but I'm not sure if I care enough about it to risk the possibility of screwing up my brand new seat!
Looks comfy.
I had the back portion of my original seat cut out and added to my modified seat.
 
Nice! That I like. A ripped seat would be a great donor for this if it was in otherwise good shape; I couldn't bring myself to damage something that costs as much as a seat for the sake of harvesting the lettering, but it looks excellent.
 
shdwghst457_imp said:
Nice! That I like. A ripped seat would be a great donor for this if it was in otherwise good shape; I couldn't bring myself to damage something that costs as much as a seat for the sake of harvesting the lettering, but it looks excellent.
They where going to trash the original cover, glad i thought to have it cut and put on the new cover.
 
Thread starter
The Spaceman_imp said:
Papa Weeley_imp said:
I dunno. Did you want to check?


:D
Long-distance butt cheek checks just never work out. Butt do let me know if you move to Florida!
Long-distance butt cheek checks just never work out. Butt do let me know if you move to Florida!
Hahahaha! Touche'!
And you've got yourself a deal! :D
davidsargee_imp said:
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Some of you may have seen my earlier post, asking about the Tiro vintage style seat, since the Cozy has been out of stock for some time with Mr. T.
Since no one else had one to offer up any experience or reviews, I decided to be impatient (in regard to waiting for the Cozy) AND be a guinea pig, and order the Tiro. The fact that it is advertised as the official Honda aftermarket seat carried a lot of weight for me.
As usual, delivery time from Samurider was unbelievably short; ordered last Thursday (my time), and just got it here in SoCal about an hour ago.
Initial impression is "this thing's beefy"! Much heftier looking than the stock seat - though oddly, it actually seem to weigh less. Installing was just as easy as the stock piece, too.

The seat pan is very stout, even looks like a factory piece, and in fact it's stamped "HONDA":
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2014-5-13016_zps11c5f084.jpg.html]
The foam is firm, but feels very comfortable, and seems like it'll be nice and supportive for longer rides. Sitting still, flat-footing it, you can feel the sharper corners of top surface intruding on the inside of your legs, but it's soft enough that it's not uncomfortable. When your feet return to the pegs (99% of the time you're on the bike, after all), those corners aren't noticed at all, just a wider, flattish, very comfortable seating surface. It's obviously much thicker than the stock seat, both for rider and passenger. From the specs I've read, it's only supposed to be fractions of an inch taller, but the impression with the "buttometer" is more like a full inch, at least. I'm 6', and I feel like I suddenly got quite a bit more leg room. Here's the difference:
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2014-5-13020_zpse0675fdc.jpg.html]
Bad pic of it on the bike in it's present cramped quarters, but it's the best I can offer during office hours until I'm able to pull it out of hiding. I'll try to follow-up with how it feels after I've taken it out on a ride, too.
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2014-5-13022_zpse617b23a.jpg.html]

Enjoy! :D

Looks good! :thumbsup:

Is that a black side cover? Would love to see a profile pic of that too, I have been playing around with the idea of getting black side covers as well.

Thanks for the pics! Cheers

Thanks!
Yes, it is the matte black side cover from Mr. T/Samurider. Here's a pic for you from my other thread about the new fairing:
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/022_zpsaf79a670.jpg.html]

*superhawk - yes, the seat is from Samurider also.
 
Thread starter
I thought I'd add a little review here, now that I've gotten some seat time with it.
I have to say right up front that this was an incredible addition, at least to my frame/position on the bike - even better than I was hoping for. I got a 70 mile ride in Saturday morning, and about 30 or so on Sunday. As I mentioned before, the foam is pretty firm, especially on my bony butt, but I think because it's so thick, it's not at all like sitting on say, a wooden board, like the stock seat on my Bonneville. With no stops on the 70 miles ride, which was a combination of city streets, a lot of curvy canyon roads, and a short stint on the freeway, I stayed amazingly comfortable, with no wiggling around to ease the pressure on my butt or to find a more comfortable position. The seating surface is nice and wide and long, so there's definitely a lot of area to move around to find your best spot, but I was so comfortable right where I initially plopped down that I found that a luxury, and not a necessary. The stock seat also always seemed to be shoveling my 'nads toward the gas tank, and that wasn't the case at all with the Tiro. Seat height seems markedly taller than the stock seat - which I was really looking for - and gives me quite a bit more legroom, putting me in the most comfortable stance I've been on a motorcycle in a very long time. My initial impression is 5 stars; how it holds up in the long run is another story, but for now, this is the best money I've spent on the bike - VERY happy.
This pic from the ride really shows how much beefier this seat is than the stock seat - lovin' that classic look, too:
 
Alright..a happy customer :thumbsup:

Great pic by the way..have I mentioned I love mountains and motorcycles together?
 
Back
Top