the Ferret
Road warrior
Thread starter
These last two days. On the ST, not the CB. 115 miles yesterday, 56 miles today. Yesterday was colder but it gave me the opportunity to test the electric glove liners I got for Christmas. Nice and toasty when plugged into their own controller, not so much when plugged into the jacket liner and run on same controller.
Today I was only able to get out for a little over an hour. Today I wanted to test the new point and shoot camera my wife got me. Took me awhile to work the new smaller buttons... Learn how to hold it...And to get my fat fingers out of the way of the new lens

But I eventually figured it out
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/newcamera12-28016_zps48b78186.jpg.html]
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/newcamera12-28013_zps98b7aef2.jpg.html]
On my way home I stopped for a pic op on Main St in the little town I live in along the Ohio River. 2 1/2 hours upriver in the direction my bike is facing lies the border of West Virginia, directly across the river is Kentucky ( the wooded hillside on the right in the picture) and an hour behind the bike is Indiana. All great states to ride in.
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/newcamera12-28021_zps87c3d43b.jpg.html]
Anyhow, rain comes tonight after midnight, and all day tomorrow. At least it will wash some of that dang salt off the road. Then again they are predicting snow again Thursday. Looks like I will get to ride New Years Day as is a custom of my brother and I ( weather permitting) as they are predicting mostly cloudy with a high of 31. Electrics will be welcomed then!
Today I was only able to get out for a little over an hour. Today I wanted to test the new point and shoot camera my wife got me. Took me awhile to work the new smaller buttons... Learn how to hold it...And to get my fat fingers out of the way of the new lens

But I eventually figured it out
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/newcamera12-28016_zps48b78186.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/newcamera12-28013_zps98b7aef2.jpg.html]

On my way home I stopped for a pic op on Main St in the little town I live in along the Ohio River. 2 1/2 hours upriver in the direction my bike is facing lies the border of West Virginia, directly across the river is Kentucky ( the wooded hillside on the right in the picture) and an hour behind the bike is Indiana. All great states to ride in.
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/newcamera12-28021_zps87c3d43b.jpg.html]

Anyhow, rain comes tonight after midnight, and all day tomorrow. At least it will wash some of that dang salt off the road. Then again they are predicting snow again Thursday. Looks like I will get to ride New Years Day as is a custom of my brother and I ( weather permitting) as they are predicting mostly cloudy with a high of 31. Electrics will be welcomed then!
Two years ago when I was there last I picked up a hunk of metal on the Apache Trail about 6 miles from the road. Did not get home until 2 in the morning. Long day - no tire repair kit - left it at home. 




Great photos Ferret. I did my early riding in Tasmania—Australia's island state to the south of the mainland—and I miss the marked change of seasons you get. But riding in sub-zero temperatures requires real commitment.






