Got Milk?

Hittheroad_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I did my first "Milk Run" on the CB this morning. I woke up this morning to find no milk in the fridge for my morning cereal. The kids are home for the weekend, and all the food is gone so I jumped on the CB and headed to S.A. for some milk. I set the 1/2 gal of Land o Lakes on my lap and made it home without incident. The CB is by far the best way to get milk!
If you like "Oil Threads", I use 1%, Land o Lakes.
 
I find the CB runs better when I carry skim milk on my lap, although the owners manual recommends 2%.
 
I find that I offset any weight bias that the bike might have.
 
For a while all I had was my bike. I was saving up for the down payment on my house and you would be surprised what you can carry home on a bike.
 
C'arn fellas! Milk this one for all its worth before we Chicagoans arrive and cream us.
 
redbirds_imp said:
A half gallon of Silk Almond milk is the trick, in the tank bag to offset the rear weight bias.
I see we are starting up the old synthetic vs. non-synthetic debate.

A good quality non-synthetic milk with the right additives is just as good as synthetic milk...
 
the_undecider_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
A half gallon of Silk Almond milk is the trick, in the tank bag to offset the rear weight bias.
I see we are starting up the old synthetic vs. non-synthetic debate.

A good quality non-synthetic milk with the right additives is just as good as synthetic milk...
I see we are starting up the old synthetic vs. non-synthetic debate.

A good quality non-synthetic milk with the right additives is just as good as synthetic milk...
The only proper use for bovine milk is to make cheese or Half & Half for my coffee. Almond milk is better in every way and is safe to use in even the most lactose sensitive digestive systems.
 
Boom, boom, ching!
 
redbirds_imp said:
the_undecider_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
A half gallon of Silk Almond milk is the trick, in the tank bag to offset the rear weight bias.
I see we are starting up the old synthetic vs. non-synthetic debate.

A good quality non-synthetic milk with the right additives is just as good as synthetic milk...
I see we are starting up the old synthetic vs. non-synthetic debate.

A good quality non-synthetic milk with the right additives is just as good as synthetic milk...
The only proper use for bovine milk is to make cheese or Half & Half for my coffee. Almond milk is better in every way and is safe to use in even the most lactose sensitive digestive systems.
I love Almond milk, but bovine milk has a LOT more protein, so it is not necessarily better. Also, Almond milk has sugar unless you get the unsweetened type. I have been drinking 1/2 to a gallon per day of skim milk for the last 40 years and consider it an essential part of my diet. Thankfully I have a cast iron stomach and don't have lactose issues.
 
I was not really being serious with this but thought it looked enough like an oil thread to be some fun. I do prefer unsweetened Almond milk but that's just me. Everyone should drink what they like whether whole milk, skim, 1% or whatever.
 
Hittheroad_imp said:
I did my first "Milk Run" on the CB this morning. I woke up this morning to find no milk in the fridge for my morning cereal. The kids are home for the weekend, and all the food is gone so I jumped on the CB and headed to S.A. for some milk. I set the 1/2 gal of Land o Lakes on my lap and made it home without incident. The CB is by far the best way to get milk!
If you like "Oil Threads", I use 1%, Land o Lakes.
Wow. Minnesota to South America is a long way to go for some milk!
 
DGShannon_imp said:
Hittheroad_imp said:
I did my first "Milk Run" on the CB this morning. I woke up this morning to find no milk in the fridge for my morning cereal. The kids are home for the weekend, and all the food is gone so I jumped on the CB and headed to S.A. for some milk. I set the 1/2 gal of Land o Lakes on my lap and made it home without incident. The CB is by far the best way to get milk!
If you like "Oil Threads", I use 1%, Land o Lakes.
Wow. Minnesota to South America is a long way to go for some milk!
Wow. Minnesota to South America is a long way to go for some milk!
S.A. is South Australia! That's even further and you wouldn't go there for milk. Shiraz on the other hand ...
 
Back
Top