Goodbye to a lot of models

Roper_imp said:
Here is Motorcycle.com's list of models which won't be returning after 2021:

Harley Sportster
Yamaha R6 and Vmax
Ducati Monster
KTM Duke 690 and 790
Yamaha Super Tenere and FJR 1300 in Europe
All Honda V4 bikes in Europe

You can read the whole story here: Discontinued: The Motorcycles That Won't Be Returning After 2021
A Vmax is one I literally just told a friend last week that I want to add to my collection at some point. Looks like I gotta do it sooner than later :(

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Sorry to see the Sportster is on the way out. It is what got me back into riding in the early 2000s. My '04 beauty, a wonderful bike:

4d9f36e55fbf80515faa8182d10e8424.jpg


I can remember my first ride on it as if it were yesterday, a cold December evening. My first brand new bike.
 
mvk24_imp said:
Roper_imp said:
Here is Motorcycle.com's list of models which won't be returning after 2021:

Harley Sportster
Yamaha R6 and Vmax
Ducati Monster
KTM Duke 690 and 790
Yamaha Super Tenere and FJR 1300 in Europe
All Honda V4 bikes in Europe

You can read the whole story here: Discontinued: The Motorcycles That Won't Be Returning After 2021
A Vmax is one I literally just told a friend last week that I want to add to my collection at some point. Looks like I gotta do it sooner than later :(

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk


1985 Yamaha V-Max
 
pdedse_imp said:
Sorry to see the Sportster is on the way out. It is what got me back into riding in the early 2000s. My '04 beauty, a wonderful bike:

4d9f36e55fbf80515faa8182d10e8424.jpg


I can remember my first ride on it as if it were yesterday, a cold December evening. My first brand new bike.
Nice looking Sporty. Believe for 2022 they're just redesigning the Sportster line, not sure what they'll call them. Think they'll still be in the same weight class.
 
As we lose some, we also aren't getting any decent, Jap classic look alike, replacement...or am I wrong, or too much devoted to the CB1100????
I know it is hard to make enviro regulations and everyone happy :-/
 
I think the new Triumph Trident will sell like hot cakes, back to basics, no premium components just "good enough" stuff like Nissin brakes with standard ABS, traction control and that is about it. A decent 80HP which sounds like it will all be useable and a reasonable price tag. It should appeal to new riders and those looking for a value based everyday runabout too.

 
Tev62_imp said:
I think the new Triumph Trident will sell like hot cakes, back to basics, no premium components just "good enough" stuff like Nissin brakes with standard ABS, traction control and that is about it. A decent 80HP which sounds like it will all be useable and a reasonable price tag. It should appeal to new riders and those looking for a value based everyday runabout too.
Reminds me of the yamaha XSR900 a little bit

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
mvk24_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
I think the new Triumph Trident will sell like hot cakes, back to basics, no premium components just "good enough" stuff like Nissin brakes with standard ABS, traction control and that is about it. A decent 80HP which sounds like it will all be useable and a reasonable price tag. It should appeal to new riders and those looking for a value based everyday runabout too.
Reminds me of the yamaha XSR900 a little bit

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Reminds me of the yamaha XSR900 a little bit

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
I think I would agree, especially when squinting with one eye open - yes.
 
It does look like the XSR but a little closer on price to the similarly engine sized XSR700. The Trident is $7999 and XSR700 $8,499. That market range is very hot at the moment, especially with the popular Honda CB650R thrown in there. Before I pulled the trigger on the 2nd hand CB1100 I was considering a new CB650R and might well have gone that way had the 1100 not come up at just the right time.
 
Back
Top