Good grips for CB1100? Which ones are you all installing?

rdtshaw_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Sorry if this had been asked, but search for grips turned up a huge results with nothing specific. I have never replaced the grips on a motorcycle and don't know if there are specific ones I need for the CB1100 besides the 7/8" bar diameter spec? What are you guys rocking there? The stockers stop being comfortable after about 45mins. :) Thanks for any insight or direction to some threads I missed.

Rob
 
I've used Grip Puppies on a few of my bikes, and love 'em. They actually fit over your present grips. Very comfortable, very cheap, and absorb a lot of vibration. I'm not a fan of the slim grips that come on most bikes these days either, and these really fatten them up.
 
Pro Grip 714 Dual Sport Grips.

(Image from Revzilla)

Slightly thicker than the usual Pro Grip street bike grips, softer cushion, but you do have to cut the ends off to fit our bike. Been using them on all kinds of street bikes since they have more cushion without being too fat.

Aloha,
Huladog
 
Huladog_imp said:
Pro Grip 714 Dual Sport Grips.

(Image from Revzilla)

Slightly thicker than the usual Pro Grip street bike grips, softer cushion, but you do have to cut the ends off to fit our bike. Been using them on all kinds of street bikes since they have more cushion without being too fat.

Aloha,
Huladog
+1, been using these on the GW for a while. Very good grip. Almost fees like a tacky gel. Will put a set on the CB in the near future. They run about $12 on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151279749236
 
powerdogg11_imp said:
Papa Weeley_imp said:
I've used Grip Puppies on a few of my bikes, and love 'em. They actually fit over your present grips. Very comfortable, very cheap, and absorb a lot of vibration. I'm not a fan of the slim grips that come on most bikes these days either, and these really fatten them up.


What kind of front brake lever are you running there?

What kind of front brake lever are you running there?
CRG knock-offs (I run CRG levers on most of my bikes, but they don't make one for the CB yet). Besides the seat, it's the best modification I've done to the bike.
 
Pro Grip 699 or 719. Good vibe reduction and not too thick. I tried the 719 based on Ferret's recommendation but they feel about the same as the 699.
 
Dac I think the only difference is color.... the 719s come in 2 colors if you want them, black/ red...black/blue ( which I used to use on the FZ).... Black/yellow or like I got for the CB's and my Nighthawk black/black.
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the info!! And those levers look really nice! I like those OURY's. I forgot about those, I had exactly those on my old KTM 500 dirtbike when I was a kid. They were really comfortable.
 
I road about 85 miles on the super slap today and my hands started cramping up. I dont know why. 750 grips are very small in diameter and I am wondering if larger diameter grips would help? I am getting old and all sorts of stuff starts locking up on me but I am wondering if larger grips could help? I have a throttle rocker which helps but it does not help enough. Would larger grips help? I realize this is A WIild card type question but any replies appreciated.
 
Thread starter
I just ordered the OURY Road grips for $13 on amazon... I'll let everyone know how they work out. Thanks!
OldF7Guy_imp said:
I road about 85 miles on the super slap today and my hands started cramping up. I dont know why. 750 grips are very small in diameter and I am wondering if larger diameter grips would help? I am getting old and all sorts of stuff starts locking up on me but I am wondering if larger grips could help? I have a throttle rocker which helps but it does not help enough. Would larger grips help? I realize this is A WIild card type question but any replies appreciated.
I think so! My VTX had large diameter leather grips and they NEVER hurt me. 200 mile rides and my butt and back were hurtin' but my hands were good. I think the CB1100 is harder on the hands since I'm resting my weight on the handle bars vs. just sitting and holding the bars. I have been shifting forward on the seat and sitting up more. That seems to help a lot, but when I'm slabbing it into a headwind at 70mph, I have to lean forward... :) Windscreen is supposed to be here Tuesday. :thumbsup:
 
I prefer the BMW Sport Grips, $10 each; part# 32721458395 & 32721458396

BMW on the left, CB1100 on the right.


TINK
 
I tried grip puppies for a few days and just took them off.
The grips felt too big with them on, although softer so my hands did not hurt at the lower thumb junction like they do on the stock hard grips.
I have medium, size hands and glove size.
Guess I'll look at other suggestions in this post for softer grips but same diameter.
 
Back
Top