Good bye and Thank You!

Stealth128_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I have decided to trade my cb In on a bike that I can carry a passenger on safe and comfortably. If I knew when I made this purchase that there would be no offerings from Honda or any after market vendors for a decent back rest I would not have made this purchase. So I just wanted to Thank everyone for the great advice and for all your help along the way. I know my next bike won't be a Honda even know this bike is a fine machine it also has a lot to be desired. With all the technology that's out there from other manufacturers lots of good choices to meet my needs. Anyway thanks what a great group!

All the best!
Stealth
 
Good luck!

If my wife would ride with me, I'd definitely be looking for one with a back rest and arm rests....

but she's been honest for 38 years...she told me in the beginning she wouldn't ride with me.

It kind of works out, it's my little self indulgent escape from reality.
 
Good luck Stealth. My wife insisted on a back rest too and I got the Honda luggage rack and top box from samurider. T'wasn't cheap and the looks with the top box on aren't as good as without a top box but it gives her the backrest and I can take it off. I took a close look at an FJR before deciding on the CB... you can configure those quite well for long trips.
 
All the best to you Stealth. I'm sure you'll find something more to your and your wife's liking. Like you said, there truly is so much out there and it's really hard to find a "bad" motorcycle nowadays. Wishing you many years of safe, fun riding.
 
I'm sorry we're losing you, Stealth, although you could always drop in and let us know what you settle on. As you know, most of the people round here put bikes first then the CB1100. SO, if you're happy. we're happy.

Best of luck with your next choice.

PS Like AndyHe, I have a top box (a Givi in my case) which has made my wife perfectly happy about getting on the bike occasionally.
 
So what do you plan on getting Stealth? Are you keeping the Royal Enfield?

Sorry to see you go, but understand the heart wants what the heart wants, and sometimes it wants something else.
 
It's too bad that you can't keep the CB for your own enjoyment, but you're doing the right thing for two-up riding.
It takes a bigger bike.
You certainly do have a lot of choices these days. Never have there been so many models on the market to choose from.
Don't be a stranger and let us know what your decision is.
Good luck and ride safe.
 
Sad to hear you didn't like the options available. Unless I'm commuting to work normally I'm riding with my wife and she requires a back rest so we purchased the Honda luggage rack and a Givi plate to mount their V46 top case. Had the V46 top case and E21 side cases mounted to our Versys before we purchased the CB1100. Let us know what bike you move to, always interested in knowing what works and doesn't work for riders.
 
I think you are allowed to sell or trade the bike, but leaving the forum is breaking a couple rules. I need to look them up. :angel:

This is now just a hobby for most of us, hobbies have to fit our life style or they aint' any fun. Like you said, lot's of really good bikes out there to choose from and at the very least you got to sample the CB1100. So that is one think to tick off your bucket list.

Do tell us what you get though. I bet you are not the only person out there with the same predicament and your choice and reasons may be of help to others. Don't be a stranger.
 
I bought the Corbin seat with the backrest pad I hope the wife likes it well enough to ride with me . I just mostly do short cruising not road trips so its not as big an issue . The CB1100 is a cool machine and I love it so far but if your into touring 2up a bigger bike is the way to go for sure .
 
I'll echo what the others have already said: let us know what you end up purchasing and consider sticking around here to share the wisdom you've gained from your ownership experience.

Best of luck with the decision!
 
Reason #5479 why I'm so happy that my wife rides her own bike. Keep in touch with us, Stealthy. We all look forward to posts on your new ride. Take care. :)
 
Thread starter
Thank You all! Yes going to keep the Royal Enfield it's single seat anyway and a blast to ride also draws a huge crowd everywhere I go. Your right my wife's saftey and comfort are important to me. I had a Truimph which had a great backrest set up on it may be in that direction her safety is important to me she's one of those wives that never complains or whines about anything I do would hate to see her fall off and get hurt or worse. Anyway Could never understand why Honda has never produced a simple backrest seems it would be easy to matchup. Anyway Thanks and I'll pop back to let you all know what my selection was.

Please do keep the Fourm as it is Frendly and a great source of information with people that are truly devoted to the sport. Purchased my first bike when I was 14 and never stopped riding.

Respectfully,
Stealth
 
Stealth128_imp said:
Thank You all! Yes going to keep the Royal Enfield it's single seat anyway and a blast to ride also draws a huge crowd everywhere I go. Your right my wife's saftey and comfort are important to me. I had a Truimph which had a great backrest set up on it may be in that direction her safety is important to me she's one of those wives that never complains or whines about anything I do would hate to see her fall off and get hurt or worse. Anyway Could never understand why Honda has never produced a simple backrest seems it would be easy to matchup. Anyway Thanks and I'll pop back to let you all know what my selection was.

Please do keep the Fourm as it is Frendly and a great source of information with people that are truly devoted to the sport. Purchased my first bike when I was 14 and never stopped riding.

Respectfully,
Stealth
Based on the weight capacity, I doubt that the CB1100 was every really designed for two people.
 
Back
Top