Gooble Gobble, Gooble Gobble, One Of Us

Thread starter
Tastes good too, Nova. Lemon scented is my favorite. Gets me through some tough days at the office, and no evidence-producing bottles in my desk.

By the way, Peking, regarding the Bonneville, it magically sprouted a sixth gear on the way to work this morning, so maybe the Gods of Hinckley aren't that upset.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Well, curse you all. And Ebay.

I had ridden for several blissful years having never heard of RLETs. Then, I buy this bike in April, and suddenly I'm less of a man for not having them. I wrestled with it for months, watching you all make your welcome comments to the new owners, saying "Nice bike, now put some RLETs on it!"

I had tagged a set on Ebay, but they came and went. Read you all commenting more about RLETs a few days ago, and my phone buzzed. The Ebay app said "An item you were interested in was just relisted!"

Well, shoot. They would almost make sense on the Bonneville. It's a tight squeeze between my wife's right taillight and my garage door spring to wedge it into its parking space. I pulled the trigger on four of them to cover both bikes.

They arrived yesterday. When I got home from work, my wife was doing some medical charting at the dining room table. "I'll be done in ten minutes, then let's go for a walk."

I said no problem, I'd check the mail, then I'd have a five minute project in the garage, so I'd be done and ready for our walk at the same time.

Opening one of the packages, and holding it next to the brake lever, I thought "How in the world is this thing supposed to go on?" I lubed up the inside of the rubber bit and the ball on the brake lever with some slippery rubber preservative, and started shoving. For the next fifteen minutes.

Shove-plink-go fish it out from under my car.
Shove-plink-go fish it out from under my wife's car.

Keep in mind, that the CB is parked behind my car, so whatever I'm doing is well within "hey neighbor, whatcha doing to your bike?" conversation range. And, it was prime "just got home from work, let's walk the dog" time. So first neighbor asked. Second neighbor asked, and added "So, which bike do you like better?" To which I muttered under my breath "Hell, I dunno, which one of those chihuahuas do you like better, because they both bark too loud." I was becoming aggravated at my lack of progress and the interruptions.

In my fervor, I missed seeing Sonal, my wife's favorite neighbor, walk by with her dogs. She was obviously concerned about my gesticulations with the small bits of rubber, and must have texted my wife, because she came down to the garage a few minutes later and said "Let's go for a walk around the lake. Whatever you are doing, you're scaring the neighbors."

Fine. This is one of those "come back later when your head is clear" projects.

After dinner, I boiled a mug of water, and dropped the four RLETs into it to soften them up. Then, I grabbed a rag to get some grip, and started shoving again. POP! On it went. Other side... POP, on it went. Success!

On to the Bonneville, which has a larger ball at the end of the levers. No worry. I'm good at this now. POP, POP, on they went.

I went back upstairs, and celebrated my manhood by binge watching John Wayne WW2 movies. I fell asleep sometime around when Kirk Douglas gets blown up in the B25 in "In Harm's Way."

I did not drain or wash the mug I used to boil the RLETs. No. I made my coffee in that water this morning. It tasted like he**, but I figured it was the closest thing to drinking the blood of a horrible beast that I had just slain.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Bravo, Gone in 60.

Complete the following:

A CB1100 without RLETs is like a ...

an incomplete CB ;)
 
I'd never heard of RLETS until I joined this forum when I bought a '13 CB11.
I don't think RLETS can be bought here in UK, so it looks like my life has to remain incomplete - I will forever look upon the bike with a wistful expression, knowing it could be so much better than it is - it could be faster, more economical and the envy of all.
Never mind - I still have my T120 Bonneville, although that too has to remain RLETS-less.
Sadly
Chris
 
Happily, Newceebee, take yourself off to the nearest Honda dealer and order two of Part # 95010-16001. You'll need two as there's only one of each little darling in the packet.

If you want to fit them to the Bonneville too, you'll have to get four.
 
Newceebee_imp said:
Thanks Cormanus. Don't know about fitting them to the Bonnie as well - a chap can have too much excitement you know.
Indeed I do. Although, sadly, it’s a long time since it happened.
 
m in sc_imp said:
i split 2 trying to install them, i bought 4, tried everything i read here. will reattempt at a later date.
... should slide on with that squeaky, slurpy, "puck" sound, ... and then it is over.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Newceebee_imp said:
Thanks Cormanus. Don't know about fitting them to the Bonnie as well - a chap can have too much excitement you know.
Indeed I do. Although, sadly, it’s a long time since it happened.
Indeed I do. Although, sadly, it’s a long time since it happened.
:rofl:
 
Thread starter
I swear I'm not making this up. Fashion Island shopping center in Newport Beach is near my office. It's very upscale, so when I shamble through there, typically looking for some sort of "I don't know what I did wrong, but this (insert gift here) should make up for whatever it was" gift, I look, well, homeless.

The very prominent valet parking area is always dotted with Italy's finest, along with Astons, Bentleys and Phantoms. There is a dedicated motorcycle parking area in one of the parking garages, and I typically see two bikes, an Aprilia RSV4RR, and an Army green Enfield.

I just got home from a very grueling two-week work trip, which caused me to miss my wife's birthday, so as soon as I got home, rested up, and checked in at the office, I pointed the CB to Newport to pick out a gift. As I took my helmet off, the Aprilia showed up and parked next to me. I said "Nice bike, I've seen that here, haven't I?" He replied "Yes, I come here quite a bit. I like your Honda... looks like an old CB750. I really like those black things on the levers!"
 
A discerning chap.
 
Give him the part number GO! Maybe help him lose his Padawan status ;)
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I swear I'm not making this up. Fashion Island shopping center in Newport Beach is near my office. It's very upscale, so when I shamble through there, typically looking for some sort of "I don't know what I did wrong, but this (insert gift here) should make up for whatever it was" gift, I look, well, homeless.

The very prominent valet parking area is always dotted with Italy's finest, along with Astons, Bentleys and Phantoms. There is a dedicated motorcycle parking area in one of the parking garages, and I typically see two bikes, an Aprilia RSV4RR, and an Army green Enfield.

I just got home from a very grueling two-week work trip, which caused me to miss my wife's birthday, so as soon as I got home, rested up, and checked in at the office, I pointed the CB to Newport to pick out a gift. As I took my helmet off, the Aprilia showed up and parked next to me. I said "Nice bike, I've seen that here, haven't I?" He replied "Yes, I come here quite a bit. I like your Honda... looks like an old CB750. I really like those black things on the levers!"

Ahh a man with class .... and taste
 
PB & GO....is it a Canadian thing? Original CB 750's to Canada had them (plus a lot of other Honda models and some Suzuki models).
 
Back
Top