Gone.? RLETs are suspects.

Hey now. The Ferret is the prettiest bow-huntin’, motorcycle-ridin’, Ohioan that I know. Hmm...no wait...second prettiest.
 
so what is it like riding the two of them Ale. Can you compare?
 
are obviously two different bikes as a setting AT suspension and generous wheelbase to tackle even off-road, nice to drive even if the engine output is not very exciting, I have more fun with the CB, that 4-cylinder motor, its delivery and the fast chassis bring fun, you have to go calmly not to put in difficulty the suspensions that are perhaps its weak point, but I have in mind an idea to improve. however cb number 1, for me.
 
So CB is smoother and possibly quicker, and it handles better on the curvy roads?
 
Thread starter
Beauty: CB
Smoothness: CB (inline 4!)
At speed acceleration: CB
Handling: For me, so far the AT
Comfort: For me, AT
Take-off: AT

Will assess more in coming months.
 
Thread starter
I find all ADVs ugly. The AT, IMHO, is the least ugly of the bunch. However, I have put function-over-form as my requirement. The CB will always be beautiful.
 
DAC_imp said:
Congratulations on the new ride, GO. I suspect that many of us more “mature” riders (at least in years) will migrate to the taller ADV bikes much as people are moving to SUVs. The ergos are just that much better.

The AT is quite the ride. Doesn’t have the power of the big Multistrada or big KTMs but those may be a bit over the top.

Ride safe and report back when you can!
I guess I've always been a bit of a rebel. In the past few years I have gone with both a lower seat and lower handlebars on my CB1100. This of course changes the rider triangle requiring that I bend my knees more. Instead of a SUV I ended up with a S2000 that requires yoga-like maneuvering to get into. (I say yoga-like because I've never done yoga before so I have no idea what I'm really talking about).

I'm not sure what exactly this says about me. Oh yea, I'm short! When I first saw one of the current generation AT's in-person I remember thinking to myself "man, where's the ladder". Sadly in my case if I rode an AT I would need a place to store my adventure step-stool onboard, lol.

Enjoy Gold Oxide!
 
Thread starter
Thanks Guth. There are certain dirt bike configurations where I say the same thing: How in the heck do I mount this puppy? I suppose everything is relative.

In terms of cages, I cannot drive a sub-compact daily for more than a week before certain pain sets in.
 
Height and rider triangle are the requirements for us older and shorter riders. I been looking at the nsc 750 to maybe be the bike to fit the bill in the not too distant future.
 
obleo_imp said:
Height and rider triangle are the requirements for us older and shorter riders. I been looking at the nsc 750 to maybe be the bike to fit the bill in the not too distant future.
taller riders too!
 
Back
Top