Goldtop Leather Jacket

treedoc_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hey fellas, just bought one of these Goldtop 1958 leather jackets from Urbanrider in the UK.

06f617a0495a8670f2eb826f7ddf626c.jpg


It is 1.4mm leather with a gold satin lining, it is a weighty bit of kit but the leather is really supple and its nice to put on. Feels like you could slide for miles in it...

28619e3f01479e7b9378e2e47171ab78.jpg


I read a comment that the collar would flap annoyingly against the helmet, but it doesn't flap at all. I like the classic style, less is more! And you could easily remove the armor and wear it off the bike.

06c8455ed8d1a45030cf11961a6b639f.jpg


It has two internal pockets as well.

The main issue so far is the bugs show up on it, but at least it is easy to wipe down...
 
I like it. Clean lines. If the collar ever does start flapping, I’d bet some strategically placed Velcro could stop it without changing the look.
 
Fashion looks solid. Otherwise, cold weather riding would require extra neck protection.

I reckon it's intended for fair weather riding or better?
 
That is a 49 Triumph TR 5
 
Trick question! Fonz never rode a bike (on-screen) as Henry Winkler can’t ride a bike due to dyslexia.
 
And here it is, currently on display at the Gilmore Museum in Michigan.
Their nomenclature said that a smaller model Triumph was chosen as it was easier for him to ride.
 
Back
Top