Goldilocks and the 3 bikes

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Today Goldilocks got a chance to ride all 3 motorcycles in the garage

The FJR was tall, about 32 1/2 inches in the saddle, powerful with a 146 hp, 1300cc liquid cooled I-4. Shaft drive, abs, cruise, tc and a full fairing , bags and trunk it is a very refined sport tourer....it was heavy too at about 630 pounds. It pulled strongly throught the rev range, but had to be ridden with caution, because it had so much power. In reality it is just too much, just TOO BIG.

Then he rode the CB500X, it was very light weight, and skinny, with a willing little liquid cooled 500cc parallel twin engine, with 50 something horsepower, chain drive, a single disc front brake and a 6 speed trans. A willing little revver that needed to be, because it didnt have much power. Whenever letting off the gas or breaking for a corner, a down shift or two was required to build up a head of steam again. The tach needle was always swinging by 5 grand just to run the speed limit. It seemed in the end this bike was just TOO SMALL.


Then he rode the CB 1100 dlx. A liter class air cooled I-4. 88 hp with a 6 speed transmission that shifted like butter, abs, triple disc brakes and chain drive. It had a fairly low seat height, under 31 inches. Weighing between the little 500 and the big 1300, and with horsepower and torque between them as well, it was easy to ride, handled great and pulled out of curves strongly without requiring downshifting. The speed limit was easy to run at 2500-3500 Rpms. It was a beautiful bike too with pretty red paint and lots of chrome.

In the end this bike was determined to be JUST RIGHT!
 
SOMEONE'S BEEN RIDING ON MY BIKE ! :biker:
 
Dang, I have pretty much the same 2 bikes as Ferret. Guess now I have to get one thats too small... Hummm what to get?
 
Please Grandpa Ferret, tell us the story about the Three Little Pigs!
335dfad3fe194de77f5906b0fc935dc7.jpg
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Dang, I have pretty much the same 2 bikes as Ferret. Guess now I have to get one thats too small... Hummm what to get?
CB400 Super Four. PLEASE HONDA STATESIDE STAT!!!!

Popgun, start a campaign!

(of course I can't post a pic)
 
Yeah, I like that!
 
I just had the same fairy tale! Except the first bike was a new BMW, and Momma Bear said “That one is way too expensive!”, and the second bike was an FZ09 and Momma Bear said “That one looks like a bug and you’ll sell it in two months at a loss when you decide you don’t really like it.”, and the third bike was a CB1100 and Momma Bear said “You begged me to let you spend ten grand on one when they were new and I think that used one is very pretty. Get it.”
 
My '82 KZ550 ltd had about 50hp and put me in the hospital several times (OK, half were due to left hand turners). That bike had some snort! Makes me wonder what I would think of it if I had a chance to ride one again. Rose coloured glasses and all.

But I've been looking hard at the CB500X (and the CRF450L now ). But not to replace the CB, supplement. Bears be darned!! :)
 
Back
Top