Gloves

emptysea

Road warrior
Thread starter
It occurred to me that it might be a good idea to have a thread in the Riding Gear section for each article of riding apparel. People can post what particular jacket, pants, boots, etc. that they recommend in each thread. I'll start things off with "Gloves".

I just purchased two pair of Lee Parks Design gloves...one for warm weather, one for cold. They're not armored, but I'm more concerned with abrasion-resistance than impact protection. The deerskin with reinforcement pads and the seam stitching technique used in these should suit my purposes. Plus I like the rancher glove look. Check them out at Lee Parks Design
 
EmptySea_imp said:
It occurred to me that it might be a good idea to have a thread in the Riding Gear section for each article of riding apparel. People can post what particular jacket, pants, boots, etc. that they recommend in each thread. I'll start things off with "Gloves".

I just purchased two pair of Lee Parks Design gloves...one for warm weather, one for cold. They're not armored, but I'm more concerned with abrasion-resistance than impact protection. The deerskin with reinforcement pads and the seam stitching technique used in these should suit my purposes. Plus I like the rancher glove look. Check them out at Lee Parks Design
I have Held gloves from Germany ,very well made.
One set for the summer and others for spring and fall.
Also Tourmaster winter gloves,nice but bulky.
 
Dang, you guys all have champagne taste in gloves. I tend to lean more towards the bottled water taste in gloves lol.
 
Thread starter
HikerToo_imp said:
Dainese Carbon Cover gloves, good from 90 degrees down to about 50. They fit my hands like a glove:-)
Summer Motorcycle Gloves | Vented, Lightweight & Thin - RevZilla
I tried these on at D Store. Really nice gloves.

I think I must have bottled beer taste in gloves, Ferret. My Lee Parks are "only" $90.00 (plus he gave me about $15 off each pair because my group bought a total of 9 pairs at the Bike Show).
 
Extremely satisfied with the quality, comfort and protection of the Helimot Buffalo Pro gloves resting on my seat here during a post-ride break...

3832cf2204a2d56cc9e775fc0f32267c.jpg
 
EmptySea_imp said:
It occurred to me that it might be a good idea to have a thread in the Riding Gear section for each article of riding apparel. People can post what particular jacket, pants, boots, etc. that they recommend in each thread. I'll start things off with "Gloves".

I just purchased two pair of Lee Parks Design gloves...one for warm weather, one for cold. They're not armored, but I'm more concerned with abrasion-resistance than impact protection. The deerskin with reinforcement pads and the seam stitching technique used in these should suit my purposes. Plus I like the rancher glove look. Check them out at Lee Parks Design
Best.Damn.Gloves.Ever.

I am on my second pair of Parks winter gloves

I have dozens of pairs of other gloves in a box in the basement. I need to Goodwill them because they will never get worn again

You guys need to try Lee Parks yes you do
 
Rolls_imp said:
Extremely satisfied with the quality, comfort and protection of the Helimot Buffalo Pro gloves resting on my seat here during a post-ride break...

3832cf2204a2d56cc9e775fc0f32267c.jpg
Dang, Rolls. You sure keep that CB in shiny condition! Motivates me to get the grime off!
 
I have the Dainese Carbon Cover S-ST, the short version on what HikerToo has. I LOVE them. I dumped my old bike in them, scuffs on the but and fingers no tears or injury to me. It wasn't a bad crash, but they gloves helped out. They're very easy to ride in, yet you have a lot of protection, I'm very impressed with how protected and how comfortable they are. Got them in black, and while not classic looking, I don't remotely feel like a space range. I'll buy them again if I ever needed.
 
I've had all kinds of winter gloves/gauntlets during my years of riding... I'd like to find a good winter gauntlet that keeps hands warm down to the mid 40's (F). Difficult to determine "good, better & best" looking at catalogs.

Suggestions..?
 
I've always had good luck with the A* WR-3s. They have good thin insulation and a Goretex outer, which makes them completely waterproof. I find the latter particularly important, as I find it's not hard to keep your hands warm on cold days, but as soon as they get wet or damp it's game over. These gloves have been around for so long that it's not hard to find them for under $100 on places like Ebay etc...
 
Been using some Lee Parks for about 8 or 9 years now, best gloves I've ever had, most expensive too. Use in cooler weather.

Warm weather - Icon brand vented. Probably been using four years, quite happy with them.

Cold - picked up some Gerbings heated gauntlets at their sidewalk sale. Excellent unplugged comfort.. Have only plugged them in once and couldn't tell I was outside.

For many years I wore leather work gloves from big box store, sometimes with wool glove liners on underneath. No problems at all.

Routinely oil and waterproof my leather gloves, helps a lot. Biggest problem with ski gloves was sweaty hands.
 
When and if it ever gets cold down here elkskin gloves from Foxcreek.I have a pair of Bilt i picked up on sale a wear most of the time.
 
I have the Gauntlet deerskins from Bear Wallow Gloves. I paid $27 for them last year, so maybe they were on sale or maybe the price went up, but I love these for any temp under 85 degrees. They fit over my heated liners if it gets really cold. They have a pretty broad selection of styles, all at great prices. They even had them in tiny sizes for my tiny daughters.
https://www.bearwallowgloves.com/products.php?cat=10
 
Back
Top