Glorious rides in Maine this time of year

meowguy_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I have been out riding every few days and it has just been glorious up here in Maine this time of year. The leaf-peepers have all gone and we finally have the place to ourselves again. Riding through the country with color still in the the leaves, along winding roads, farms on either side, horses and cattle grazing in the pastures. I am pretty sure this is what I had in mind when I decided to get back in the saddle of a bike after 40 years. :D
 
I feel like a fly who's days are numbered last couple of weeks, really enjoying the fall temps and landscapes! before winter sets in.
 
My wife and I honeymooned on Deer Isle in September, 1989. I have the idea tossing around in the back of my head for us to ride out there next September to celebrate our 25th. Glad you're enjoying your seat time :)
 
Very cool meowguy. Glad you are experiencing splendid days on your. cB.
 
meowguy_imp said:
I have been out riding every few days and it has just been glorious up here in Maine this time of year. The leaf-peepers have all gone and we finally have the place to ourselves again. Riding through the country with color still in the the leaves, along winding roads, farms on either side, horses and cattle grazing in the pastures. I am pretty sure this is what I had in mind when I decided to get back in the saddle of a bike after 40 years. :D
meowguy,

You didn't happen to stop in front of pretty Maine scene and take a picture or two with your beauties in the foreground, did you?
 
Thread starter
Quote:You didn't happen to stop in front of pretty Maine scene and take a picture or two with your beauties in the foreground, did you?
I was too busy soaking it all in. Maybe next time.
 
A buddy just posted some pictures of Maine (he was a leap peeper); reminds me of the good areas of Northern Minnesota. I really miss that time of year and really makes me think I should retire to Maine. In any event I think we'll have to make a road trip up there some day. You have some real nice looking country up there.
 
Thread starter
Here are some photos. The 45 MPH speed limit is ideal on these back roads.



The horses belong to the Ever After Mustang Rescue Center in Biddeford, ME where I volunteer 1 day a week helping to care for the horses. I get to work with a bunch of horses asses that are actually connected to horses....:cool:
 
meowguy_imp said:
Here are some photos. The 45 MPH speed limit is ideal on these back roads.



The horses belong to the Ever After Mustang Rescue Center in Biddeford, ME where I volunteer 1 day a week helping to care for the horses. I get to work with a bunch of horses asses that are actually connected to horses....:cool:

Great pictures and funny quote. I wish fall was longer, its such a pretty time of the year in most of the country. the CB is about the perfect vehicle for that type of riding. Thanks Meowguy. Feel free post up more pics if you have them, especially any that include your bike with the color change of fall.
 
I did some motorcycle camping in ME when I was younger, I believe I took a 20 or 30 mile road to Moose lake, the map only showed one road in, one out, but I figured there had to be other roads I could take back for variety...nope, had to take the same bumpy road back out. I think because its so cold up there, the roads get quite a few cracks in them. And who knew an 18 wheel truck loaded with logs could almost keep up with my Ninja 900 :-)
 
Back
Top