Givi Rear Rack vs. Honda OEM Rear Carrier

lagoje_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I purchased a Givi rack. I've been waiting for 6 weeks for it to make it to the states from Givi :( I'll keep you posted when it arrives. I'm pretty sure another member has one installed.
 
US Honda seems to be ripping us off. Webike and Samurider have long had the official Honda rear carrier listed for 19,000 yen. At the current exchange rate and with shipping, it's still going to set you back around $220 US. But if you pay list from a US Honda dealer, you are paying $275 plus any sales tax.

http://www.samurider.com/?p=13395/#itemImage
 
I was quoted A$450 by Honda which is around UD$405. That's an indication of how badly Australians are being ripped off. And not just by Honda.
 
I have the Givi on my bike and really like the quality and looks. I also have the Givi monokey plate to mount on this rack so I can share my Givi V47 top case between both my bikes (pictured adjacent to my CB). I will post another picture once I have a chance to mout the e250.
 
scott will_imp said:
i have the give rack, ordered from my honda dealer also a givi dealer. it wasnt available in states till this winter but i prepaid $135 and it was in in a cpl weeks after that .
its a great rack

THATS A NICE RACK!

Geez, how could I have forgotten THAT thread? Lol
 
For those interested, here are a couple more pics of the rack (sorry, taken on a rainy day in the garage) along with the e250 mounted and in addition the Givi top box - v47.



 
Couldn't get the Givi rack in Australia and Honda wanted better than AUD$400 for the OEM unit.
 
Now I am embarrassed, not only did I buy a machine 2 years older than I thought but I paid NZ$659 less 10% for an OEM rack here in NZ. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.:blush:
 
Tyke57nz_imp said:
Now I am embarrassed, not only did I buy a machine 2 years older than I thought but I paid NZ$659 less 10% for an OEM rack here in NZ. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.:blush:
Take solice that you live in one of the most beautiful places on earth.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Tyke57nz_imp said:
Now I am embarrassed, not only did I buy a machine 2 years older than I thought but I paid NZ$659 less 10% for an OEM rack here in NZ. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.:blush:
Take solice that you live in one of the most beautiful places on earth.
Take solice that you live in one of the most beautiful places on earth.
... and you've got a great bike.
 
Back
Top