Givi E55 Maxia Top Box Installed

AzBob_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Got my rear carrier, and installed it, along with a generic adapter for Givi and the Givi E55 Maxia3 top box. The color of the optional top plastic is just about spot-on as far as match goes. I believe this is one of the largest top boxes one can buy. It doesn't look weird to me at all, seems to fit right in, IMO. Rides the same (empty). Haven't ridden with anything in it, yet, that'll probably happen next week on the way to work when I plan on dropping my 15+lbs backback in there.

And on to the pictures (because I knew people would get PO'd if I didn't take any):

8f9d9eecbc1db259529e2da144a17545.jpg


4ec614913e3ae72b8baceb31064b7db1.jpg


ac8ef0783be3b7fe92af6a96dcc1e854.jpg
 
Yep, thats a serious trunk. Givi makes good stuff!
 
Wonder with the 15# backpack how it will change the center of gravity and handling with the UFO being so weighted down?

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4.2.2
 
Looks good to me Bob. I say a top case makes a bike more functional.
In fact, I spent the afternoon out in my shed making a rear rack for my PCX150 scooter. Got a Givi 30 top case down in the basement on the extra parts rack that will carry my lunch to work and beer home on the scoot.
 
Ole_imp said:
Looks good to me Bob. I say a top case makes a bike more functional.
In fact, I spent the afternoon out in my shed making a rear rack for my PCX150 scooter. Got a Givi 30 top case down in the basement on the extra parts rack that will carry my lunch to work and beer home on the scoot.
Wow so you can carry the beer in the top case and the bucket of chicken in the seat along with your lunch box!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
dBuster_imp said:
Ole_imp said:
Looks good to me Bob. I say a top case makes a bike more functional.
In fact, I spent the afternoon out in my shed making a rear rack for my PCX150 scooter. Got a Givi 30 top case down in the basement on the extra parts rack that will carry my lunch to work and beer home on the scoot.
Wow so you can carry the beer in the top case and the bucket of chicken in the seat along with your lunch box!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Wow so you can carry the beer in the top case and the bucket of chicken in the seat along with your lunch box!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Mine is mostly so that my pillion and I have a secure place to stash our helmets when we go somewhere. :-) The other is to stash my backpack while going to work so it's not weighing on my shoulders.
 
AzBob_imp said:
dBuster_imp said:
Ole_imp said:
Looks good to me Bob. I say a top case makes a bike more functional.
In fact, I spent the afternoon out in my shed making a rear rack for my PCX150 scooter. Got a Givi 30 top case down in the basement on the extra parts rack that will carry my lunch to work and beer home on the scoot.
Wow so you can carry the beer in the top case and the bucket of chicken in the seat along with your lunch box!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Wow so you can carry the beer in the top case and the bucket of chicken in the seat along with your lunch box!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Mine is mostly so that my pillion and I have a secure place to stash our helmets when we go somewhere. :-) The other is to stash my backpack while going to work so it's not weighing on my shoulders.
My GIVI Trekker 46 will NOT hold two full face helmets. I tried. But it will hold one full face and my wife's half helmet.

20de53217ae5e207b3f236122ce1a2fa.jpg
 
Ole_imp said:
AzBob_imp said:
dBuster_imp said:
Ole_imp said:
Looks good to me Bob. I say a top case makes a bike more functional.
In fact, I spent the afternoon out in my shed making a rear rack for my PCX150 scooter. Got a Givi 30 top case down in the basement on the extra parts rack that will carry my lunch to work and beer home on the scoot.
Wow so you can carry the beer in the top case and the bucket of chicken in the seat along with your lunch box!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Wow so you can carry the beer in the top case and the bucket of chicken in the seat along with your lunch box!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Mine is mostly so that my pillion and I have a secure place to stash our helmets when we go somewhere. :-) The other is to stash my backpack while going to work so it's not weighing on my shoulders.
My GIVI Trekker 46 will NOT hold two full face helmets. I tried. But it will hold one full face and my wife's half helmet.

20de53217ae5e207b3f236122ce1a2fa.jpg
My GIVI Trekker 46 will NOT hold two full face helmets. I tried. But it will hold one full face and my wife's half helmet.

645718ddf816daae93d83dc5d9e66d3e.jpg

what is the windshield you installed in your bike, how does it perform?
 
How doe sthe rear carrier look like when the box is not mounted? Is there a black plastic plate for the top case on top of the chrome carrier (guess it is the origianl Honda carrier)?
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Givi and Shad both make OEM cases for various manufacturers. Sometimes they make a new shape/style, like the new Ninja 1000, sometimes they just stick a label on their existing product.
I have a hepco Becker rack and 47lt top case, I like it because when you take off the case there is no mounting plate.
 
AzBob_imp said:
Got my rear carrier, and installed it, along with a generic adapter for Givi and the Givi E55 Maxia3 top box. The color of the optional top plastic is just about spot-on as far as match goes. I believe this is one of the largest top boxes one can buy. It doesn't look weird to me at all, seems to fit right in, IMO. Rides the same (empty). Haven't ridden with anything in it, yet, that'll probably happen next week on the way to work when I plan on dropping my 15+lbs backback in there.

And on to the pictures (because I knew people would get PO'd if I didn't take any):

8f9d9eecbc1db259529e2da144a17545.jpg


4ec614913e3ae72b8baceb31064b7db1.jpg


ac8ef0783be3b7fe92af6a96dcc1e854.jpg
Put the same E55 on my CB1100 with the LED light kit from Twisted Throttle. Solves second rider back rest and holds two full size helmets. Used the black flat top which reflects the black parts of the bike, and the reflector colors are similar to the tank color. The upper LED running lights, turn and flashing stop light are quite visible in day and night. No noticeable change in aerodynamics or weight effect. Bike and box was a hit with HD riders for its simplicity and clean design. Thomas Coral Gables
 
HELP - How did you guys wire the brake light.

Edit- never mind, I figured it out. The Honda green/yellow wire goes to Givi Red wire. Honda green wire goes to Givi blue wire.

Had to shave the wires a bit with a sharp knife to ensue they were connected. The in line splicers are a good idea but not great.

34b453f9ba7c471e3e9d8a2d8e7d97a4.jpg
 
Thread starter
lagoje_imp said:
HELP - How did you guys wire the brake light.

Edit- never mind, I figured it out. The Honda green/yellow wire goes to Givi Red wire. Honda green wire goes to Givi blue wire.

Had to shave the wires a bit with a sharp knife to ensue they were connected. The in line splicers are a good idea but not great.

34b453f9ba7c471e3e9d8a2d8e7d97a4.jpg
Since I like my bikes (and other stuff) so they can go back to stock, I built a little wiring harness...

b175a9f5485670cdda35b5fee72cb2f2.jpg


I have the AdMore light kit for the lights (amber turn signals, red running and brake light), and I ran that thing's harness up the right side, mostly under the seat, zip-tying it to the rear carrier. It plugs in under the right side of the box. You can't even really see it's there.

One thing I find kind of annoying is that with that harness I made, plus my brake light modulator, I can't fit the little plastic tray thing under the seat any more. Oh well.
 
I wasn't happy about splicing into the wires, but the bottom of the fuse box wasn't very accessible either. The box is riveted into place. There isn't much slack in the wires either which makes splicing difficult. But in the end I decided I wanted the additional visibility of the top box brake light. I could always get another tail light wiring harness if I really wanted.

How would another harness work? Plug it into the tail light slot, then plug factory harness into that?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top