Getting rid of the ugly license plate bracket.

The ferret_imp said:
What does look like in Kookaburra land Ptero?
Well, you could subscribe to the MotoDactyl Channel for all the information on Dactyl Accesories. However, you're a good bloke so consider this a freebie :).

Now that I've had a close look at my fixing of the plate I have decided to remove the nuts I have and replace with stainless dome head nuts.

c904ee2e390e8798f66274ece54b6a5b.jpeg


ffc32c988f27bf96b7430dd91cb5891b.jpeg


dc744043368ba7db08a0467239e7a359.jpeg


Cheers
 
It came like that from the factory?
 
MMC_imp said:
Well, I used what I could, clamps, hammer, chisel. A vice would have been great but don't have one. I'm in Fountain Valley.

Sent from me......
I'll redo mine and make it more like yours. Probably paint it black also.
 
If you want to bend aluminium without cracking, start with grade 5052-H32 aluminum. Then you want to bend it over a form that has a diameter 4x the thickness.

ad079c547cc5ad0a8e0027ce03bb2e73.jpg
 
Decided to give ChipBeck's directions a try...
21a3d9c30c119fa8f1faaaa28046e1e7.jpeg


Using the dealer supplied, plastic license plate frame...I put the acorn nuts on the plate side because I like them visible.
90a1a12e5f55c7b82c8d435c4936f2c5.jpeg


I spray painted the plate to lessen the effect of the white lettering. It looks ok for now. Eventually may opt for a metal frame.
 
Hello,

Does anyone know the serial number of the licence plate holder for 2013?
I’ve been hit on the parking and need to order new part.
Many thanks
 
Tabasco_imp said:
Hello,

Does anyone know the serial number of the licence plate holder for 2013?
I’ve been hit on the parking and need to order new part.
Many thanks
Man, one of my fears of a hit 'n' run. Thankfully it didn't take out the whole bike like in the movie, "One Week".
 
Looks much cleaner without the original bracket. When I bought my bike, it had the original mount, but I noticed two holes drilled into the middle of the license plate, then covered up with small bits of white paper. Seems the original owner experimented with removing the original bracket and screwing the license plate through the middle directly to the inner screw holes that held the original bracket. As soon as I noticed it, it started to bug me enough that I took the plate to the AAA and turned it in as "damaged or mutilated" and got a replacement new plate.

I cobbled my own mount like Siggy's and like the look.
 
Back
Top