Getting ready for the riding season greeted by bad sounds....

Thread starter
Problem is solved!

Got rid of the 10w40 the dealership put in, put on the recommended 10w30 and a new oil filter and it is back to what I remember! No more ugly noises.

Take it as you want interpret it as you may, putting the recommended oil in was the magic for my bike. I am one of the unlucky ones who can't run 10w40 and should run what Honda recommends.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
Great news Dbuster. :thumbsup: lets hope that's the end of that eh?

Have fun, ride safe :biker:
 
Good news, dBuster. Glad the bike's back to normal. :thumbsup:
 
dBuster, how did this rattling noise turned out for you. Was it ever fixed? I have the exact same noise on my new to me 2013 with 700 miles...
Thanks for posting the video. I have the same issue
Ghis' pid='81782' dateline='1427930062 said:
dBuster, how did this rattling noise turned out for you. Was it ever fixed? I have the exact same noise on my new to me 2013 with 700 miles...
Thanks for posting the video. I have the same issue

Finally read the whole thing. I'm gonna put the 10w30 back in as well. Thanks for the help with this post/thread.
 
You might consider changing to a high flow oil filter... And I see you changed the oil filter this time. I suspect that might have been your issue all along.

Also again, changing over to a 10w40 will not hurt the bike. If anything, it will help it with higher ambient temps. The 10w40 provides the exact same cold temp properties of the 10w30. Where it changes, is hotter temperatures. Would you run 10w30 in it sitting in 90 degree heat stuck in a traffic jam? I know I wouldn't. That's why my big bore 750k has 20w50 in it. 0 issues.

Sorry to spoil your oil debates, but spend a few minutes reading up on oil weights and what they mean before jumping to conclusions.
 
use2b_imp said:
very happy it worked out but never heard of any machine being that oil sensitive .
Wow. Reviving a dead oil thread! You are a troublemaker, Mr. Use2b! :rofl::rofl:
 
Old thread, ugh. I read it anyway. And BTW, I've been using 10w 40 synthetic since my first oil change which I did my self and 9k miles with three oil changes and not a single problem at all.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
dBuster
Ghis

Did this noise ever return for either of you. I have changed my oil back to 10-30 but can't get the noise to go away. Thanks
 
We haven't seen dbuster for quite a while I'm afraid—October 2015.
 
I have similar noise after warm up. Just did an oil change yesterday with a brand new filter using Honda oil so I will report back if it helped after putting some miles on it.
 
Did oil change last week. Have always used 10W40 (Motul 5100 and Honda GN4). Last week I changed to 5W40 synthetic and a top end "light knuckling" sound only lasted a short bit. After topping up to the proper level (another 3/4 litre), the sound disappeared.
 
Hello, I want to get in touch with you (facebook or Email)? My CB1100 has the same problem as you! I hope to get your help!
 
Hi kklandzw and welcome to the forum. You may well be our first member from mainland China. HOw about introducing yourself and telling us about your bike in the new members section?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Hi kklandzw and welcome to the forum. You may well be our first member from mainland China. HOw about introducing yourself and telling us about your bike in the new members section?
Nice to meet you. I hope to get in touch with you. Email or Facebook?
GoldOxide_imp said:
Welcome to the Forum kklandzw.
nice to meet you!
 
Back
Top