Getting ready for the riding season greeted by bad sounds....

Wonder why it would happen to 2 people right after their first services? Think the techs messed with them? Why would they?

Btw the ST has something similar that you adjust one way then back the other way until it's quiet, but I have never messed with mine since I have no idea what it's doing in there.
 
Thread starter
Two people in two different states at that having the same issue after first service.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
dBuster_imp said:
I was afraid of that.... I am off of work Tuesday when they open again... Will drive up there to talk to them.

Time to take the tank bag off again...

What is the standard warranty again? I am drawing a blank at the moment.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
From the Motorcycle Warranties booklet I had to request from Honda USA in Cali:

Limited Warranty:
"Coverage of defects in material and workmanship for 1 year."

Emissions Warranty:
"Coverage for the components that make up the Emission Control System for all On-Road Motorcycles: 280cc and over - 5 years or 11,185 miles (88k Kilometers).

Noise Control Warranty:
Coverage for the components that make up the Noise Control System for Street Motorcycles: 12 months or 3.730 miles.

Replacement Parts Limited Warranty:
Coverage for defects in material and workmanship for:
Replacement Batteries: 1 Year
Other Honda Replacement Parts: 6 Months

Accessories Limited Warranty:
Coverage for defects in material and workmanship for bolt-on accessories, measured from accessory purchase date, for:
All on-road models except GL, NRX, or ST - 1 year.
 
Tell them you bought in England or Australia or almost any other country where they get 2 years warranty for some reason :huh:
 
The ferret_imp said:
Tell them you bought in England or Australia or almost any other country where they get 2 years warranty for some reason :huh:
Well, I did the hose to the ear test and found the noise to becoming from the lower forward crankcase under the oil filter. There's a recessed hole where it's the loudest. I don't have an inspection mirror to take a peek inside.
I'm just going to take it to the dealer tomorrow when they open.
 
Thread starter
Fleetwood_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Tell them you bought in England or Australia or almost any other country where they get 2 years warranty for some reason :huh:
Well, I did the hose to the ear test and found the noise to becoming from the lower forward crankcase under the oil filter. There's a recessed hole where it's the loudest. I don't have an inspection mirror to take a peek inside.
I'm just going to take it to the dealer tomorrow when they open.
I too will be at the dealers door when they open tomorrow. But I am going to have them pick the bike up that I don't want to ride it like it is and play the videos for them.

That sounds like the same place my noise is coming from. Which gonna dealer are you going to so I can tell my dealership same issue at your dealer. Mine will be at the 2 brothers Honda in Onalaska Wisconsin.

Two bad the dealership has the transaction record from my purchase or I might try that Australia bit. My bike has only been in our hands for just over 10 months close to 11, so I am under the one year mark but going what is wrong is not covered under the 6 month warranty...

Really has me questioning or thinking about the extended bit..

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
Paul seems to know his stuff here.

I think every one deserves a chance to take care of a problem before calling in the reservers.

I'll admit I would be in a bit of a panic myself after hearing the rattle.

I had a new Harley sportster delivered with about one quart of oil. Apparently the bike was set up with only the oil the builders supply. (Now why the bike is shipped with one quart I don't know maybe other do) I only road the bike a short distance and I noticed what sounded like valve noise and was smart enough to check the oil. Harley sent a fellow around and they picked the bike up and took it to the dealership. I had to go get it when they finished (which I wasn't happy about). Last bike I bought from that dealer. Didn't keep the bike long so don't know. I called Harley and a "note" was put on the warrantee card at Harley. Probably no problem but it pays to check for sure anytime there is a question. Check don't panic I guess is the word.
 
First, do you know what viscosity oil was used at the first service? If the dealer put in a 20W50 or something thereabout this might result in noise. Worth checking and or asking the dealer. A long shot I know but sometimes we need to look at the obvious before tearing into the engine. Also, would not hurt to top the oil up to the proper level and run the bike for a few to see if the problem goes away.
 
dBuster_imp said:
Fleetwood_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Tell them you bought in England or Australia or almost any other country where they get 2 years warranty for some reason :huh:
Well, I did the hose to the ear test and found the noise to becoming from the lower forward crankcase under the oil filter. There's a recessed hole where it's the loudest. I don't have an inspection mirror to take a peek inside.
I'm just going to take it to the dealer tomorrow when they open.
I too will be at the dealers door when they open tomorrow. But I am going to have them pick the bike up that I don't want to ride it like it is and play the videos for them.

That sounds like the same place my noise is coming from. Which gonna dealer are you going to so I can tell my dealership same issue at your dealer. Mine will be at the 2 brothers Honda in Onalaska Wisconsin.

Two bad the dealership has the transaction record from my purchase or I might try that Australia bit. My bike has only been in our hands for just over 10 months close to 11, so I am under the one year mark but going what is wrong is not covered under the 6 month warranty...

Really has me questioning or thinking about the extended bit..

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
I too will be at the dealers door when they open tomorrow. But I am going to have them pick the bike up that I don't want to ride it like it is and play the videos for them.

That sounds like the same place my noise is coming from. Which gonna dealer are you going to so I can tell my dealership same issue at your dealer. Mine will be at the 2 brothers Honda in Onalaska Wisconsin.

Two bad the dealership has the transaction record from my purchase or I might try that Australia bit. My bike has only been in our hands for just over 10 months close to 11, so I am under the one year mark but going what is wrong is not covered under the 6 month warranty...

Really has me questioning or thinking about the extended bit..

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
I'm taking my bike to motorsports kansas in wichita Kansas. I'll be loading my bike up in the back I my truck and dropping it off. I checked my oil the proper way, side stand and warm and it fills the whole sight glass. Hoping it's something simple! I'm going to show my dealer this thread that way they know others are having the same deal.
 
Fleetwood_imp said:
dBuster_imp said:
Fleetwood_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Tell them you bought in England or Australia or almost any other country where they get 2 years warranty for some reason :huh:
Well, I did the hose to the ear test and found the noise to becoming from the lower forward crankcase under the oil filter. There's a recessed hole where it's the loudest. I don't have an inspection mirror to take a peek inside.
I'm just going to take it to the dealer tomorrow when they open.
I too will be at the dealers door when they open tomorrow. But I am going to have them pick the bike up that I don't want to ride it like it is and play the videos for them.

That sounds like the same place my noise is coming from. Which gonna dealer are you going to so I can tell my dealership same issue at your dealer. Mine will be at the 2 brothers Honda in Onalaska Wisconsin.

Two bad the dealership has the transaction record from my purchase or I might try that Australia bit. My bike has only been in our hands for just over 10 months close to 11, so I am under the one year mark but going what is wrong is not covered under the 6 month warranty...

Really has me questioning or thinking about the extended bit..

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
I too will be at the dealers door when they open tomorrow. But I am going to have them pick the bike up that I don't want to ride it like it is and play the videos for them.

That sounds like the same place my noise is coming from. Which gonna dealer are you going to so I can tell my dealership same issue at your dealer. Mine will be at the 2 brothers Honda in Onalaska Wisconsin.

Two bad the dealership has the transaction record from my purchase or I might try that Australia bit. My bike has only been in our hands for just over 10 months close to 11, so I am under the one year mark but going what is wrong is not covered under the 6 month warranty...

Really has me questioning or thinking about the extended bit..

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
I'm taking my bike to motorsports kansas in wichita Kansas. I'll be loading my bike up in the back I my truck and dropping it off. I checked my oil the proper way, side stand and warm and it fills the whole sight glass. Hoping it's something simple! I'm going to show my dealer this thread that way they know others are having the same deal.
I too will be at the dealers door when they open tomorrow. But I am going to have them pick the bike up that I don't want to ride it like it is and play the videos for them.

That sounds like the same place my noise is coming from. Which gonna dealer are you going to so I can tell my dealership same issue at your dealer. Mine will be at the 2 brothers Honda in Onalaska Wisconsin.

Two bad the dealership has the transaction record from my purchase or I might try that Australia bit. My bike has only been in our hands for just over 10 months close to 11, so I am under the one year mark but going what is wrong is not covered under the 6 month warranty...

Really has me questioning or thinking about the extended bit..

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
I'm taking my bike to motorsports kansas in wichita Kansas. I'll be loading my bike up in the back I my truck and dropping it off. I checked my oil the proper way, side stand and warm and it fills the whole sight glass. Hoping it's something simple! I'm going to show my dealer this thread that way they know others are having the same deal.
Mate, I'm no expert, but I don't think oil should fill the whole site glass.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Fleetwood_imp said:
dBuster_imp said:
Fleetwood_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Tell them you bought in England or Australia or almost any other country where they get 2 years warranty for some reason :huh:
Well, I did the hose to the ear test and found the noise to becoming from the lower forward crankcase under the oil filter. There's a recessed hole where it's the loudest. I don't have an inspection mirror to take a peek inside.
I'm just going to take it to the dealer tomorrow when they open.
I too will be at the dealers door when they open tomorrow. But I am going to have them pick the bike up that I don't want to ride it like it is and play the videos for them.

That sounds like the same place my noise is coming from. Which gonna dealer are you going to so I can tell my dealership same issue at your dealer. Mine will be at the 2 brothers Honda in Onalaska Wisconsin.

Two bad the dealership has the transaction record from my purchase or I might try that Australia bit. My bike has only been in our hands for just over 10 months close to 11, so I am under the one year mark but going what is wrong is not covered under the 6 month warranty...

Really has me questioning or thinking about the extended bit..

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
I too will be at the dealers door when they open tomorrow. But I am going to have them pick the bike up that I don't want to ride it like it is and play the videos for them.

That sounds like the same place my noise is coming from. Which gonna dealer are you going to so I can tell my dealership same issue at your dealer. Mine will be at the 2 brothers Honda in Onalaska Wisconsin.

Two bad the dealership has the transaction record from my purchase or I might try that Australia bit. My bike has only been in our hands for just over 10 months close to 11, so I am under the one year mark but going what is wrong is not covered under the 6 month warranty...

Really has me questioning or thinking about the extended bit..

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
I'm taking my bike to motorsports kansas in wichita Kansas. I'll be loading my bike up in the back I my truck and dropping it off. I checked my oil the proper way, side stand and warm and it fills the whole sight glass. Hoping it's something simple! I'm going to show my dealer this thread that way they know others are having the same deal.
I too will be at the dealers door when they open tomorrow. But I am going to have them pick the bike up that I don't want to ride it like it is and play the videos for them.

That sounds like the same place my noise is coming from. Which gonna dealer are you going to so I can tell my dealership same issue at your dealer. Mine will be at the 2 brothers Honda in Onalaska Wisconsin.

Two bad the dealership has the transaction record from my purchase or I might try that Australia bit. My bike has only been in our hands for just over 10 months close to 11, so I am under the one year mark but going what is wrong is not covered under the 6 month warranty...

Really has me questioning or thinking about the extended bit..

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
I'm taking my bike to motorsports kansas in wichita Kansas. I'll be loading my bike up in the back I my truck and dropping it off. I checked my oil the proper way, side stand and warm and it fills the whole sight glass. Hoping it's something simple! I'm going to show my dealer this thread that way they know others are having the same deal.
Mate, I'm no expert, but I don't think oil should fill the whole site glass.
I too will be at the dealers door when they open tomorrow. But I am going to have them pick the bike up that I don't want to ride it like it is and play the videos for them.

That sounds like the same place my noise is coming from. Which gonna dealer are you going to so I can tell my dealership same issue at your dealer. Mine will be at the 2 brothers Honda in Onalaska Wisconsin.

Two bad the dealership has the transaction record from my purchase or I might try that Australia bit. My bike has only been in our hands for just over 10 months close to 11, so I am under the one year mark but going what is wrong is not covered under the 6 month warranty...

Really has me questioning or thinking about the extended bit..

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
I'm taking my bike to motorsports kansas in wichita Kansas. I'll be loading my bike up in the back I my truck and dropping it off. I checked my oil the proper way, side stand and warm and it fills the whole sight glass. Hoping it's something simple! I'm going to show my dealer this thread that way they know others are having the same deal.
Mate, I'm no expert, but I don't think oil should fill the whole site glass.
Like it says in post #12....inthe manual and everywhere else where people have bothered to figure out what theyre doing. YOU DONT CHECK IT ON THE SIDE STAND....ITS THE CENTER STAND.
 
Jodyz... Is the noise you heard in your bike the same noise in dbuster's video? I swear I never heard that in mine. I can't believe that is " normal".
 
The ferret_imp said:
Jodyz... Is the noise you heard in your bike the same noise in dbuster's video? I swear I never heard that in mine. I can't believe that is " normal".
And, Jodyz, do you still have the recording of the noise? If so, you could post it on Youtube and link to it.

Cheers
 
Thread starter
Deanohh_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Fleetwood_imp said:
dBuster_imp said:
Fleetwood_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Tell them you bought in England or Australia or almost any other country where they get 2 years warranty for some reason :huh:
Well, I did the hose to the ear test and found the noise to becoming from the lower forward crankcase under the oil filter. There's a recessed hole where it's the loudest. I don't have an inspection mirror to take a peek inside.
I'm just going to take it to the dealer tomorrow when they open.
I too will be at the dealers door when they open tomorrow. But I am going to have them pick the bike up that I don't want to ride it like it is and play the videos for them.

That sounds like the same place my noise is coming from. Which gonna dealer are you going to so I can tell my dealership same issue at your dealer. Mine will be at the 2 brothers Honda in Onalaska Wisconsin.

Two bad the dealership has the transaction record from my purchase or I might try that Australia bit. My bike has only been in our hands for just over 10 months close to 11, so I am under the one year mark but going what is wrong is not covered under the 6 month warranty...

Really has me questioning or thinking about the extended bit..

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
I too will be at the dealers door when they open tomorrow. But I am going to have them pick the bike up that I don't want to ride it like it is and play the videos for them.

That sounds like the same place my noise is coming from. Which gonna dealer are you going to so I can tell my dealership same issue at your dealer. Mine will be at the 2 brothers Honda in Onalaska Wisconsin.

Two bad the dealership has the transaction record from my purchase or I might try that Australia bit. My bike has only been in our hands for just over 10 months close to 11, so I am under the one year mark but going what is wrong is not covered under the 6 month warranty...

Really has me questioning or thinking about the extended bit..

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
I'm taking my bike to motorsports kansas in wichita Kansas. I'll be loading my bike up in the back I my truck and dropping it off. I checked my oil the proper way, side stand and warm and it fills the whole sight glass. Hoping it's something simple! I'm going to show my dealer this thread that way they know others are having the same deal.
I too will be at the dealers door when they open tomorrow. But I am going to have them pick the bike up that I don't want to ride it like it is and play the videos for them.

That sounds like the same place my noise is coming from. Which gonna dealer are you going to so I can tell my dealership same issue at your dealer. Mine will be at the 2 brothers Honda in Onalaska Wisconsin.

Two bad the dealership has the transaction record from my purchase or I might try that Australia bit. My bike has only been in our hands for just over 10 months close to 11, so I am under the one year mark but going what is wrong is not covered under the 6 month warranty...

Really has me questioning or thinking about the extended bit..

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
I'm taking my bike to motorsports kansas in wichita Kansas. I'll be loading my bike up in the back I my truck and dropping it off. I checked my oil the proper way, side stand and warm and it fills the whole sight glass. Hoping it's something simple! I'm going to show my dealer this thread that way they know others are having the same deal.
Mate, I'm no expert, but I don't think oil should fill the whole site glass.
I too will be at the dealers door when they open tomorrow. But I am going to have them pick the bike up that I don't want to ride it like it is and play the videos for them.

That sounds like the same place my noise is coming from. Which gonna dealer are you going to so I can tell my dealership same issue at your dealer. Mine will be at the 2 brothers Honda in Onalaska Wisconsin.

Two bad the dealership has the transaction record from my purchase or I might try that Australia bit. My bike has only been in our hands for just over 10 months close to 11, so I am under the one year mark but going what is wrong is not covered under the 6 month warranty...

Really has me questioning or thinking about the extended bit..

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
I'm taking my bike to motorsports kansas in wichita Kansas. I'll be loading my bike up in the back I my truck and dropping it off. I checked my oil the proper way, side stand and warm and it fills the whole sight glass. Hoping it's something simple! I'm going to show my dealer this thread that way they know others are having the same deal.
Mate, I'm no expert, but I don't think oil should fill the whole site glass.
Like it says in post #12....inthe manual and everywhere else where people have bothered to figure out what theyre doing. YOU DONT CHECK IT ON THE SIDE STAND....ITS THE CENTER STAND.
When the oil was checked it was on the center stand both warmed up and cold it was on the center stand to check... Those videos were not for checking the oil but as I got off the bike to listen to it.

Not sure where this side stand oil check came from. Just because the noise video was shot on the site stand?


Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
It came from this..."I checked my oil the proper way, side stand and warm and it fills the whole sight glass"

Not your post, I probably was sloppy in connecting the reply to the chain of posts.
 
Deanohh_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Fleetwood_imp said:
dBuster_imp said:
Fleetwood_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Tell them you bought in England or Australia or almost any other country where they get 2 years warranty for some reason :huh:
Well, I did the hose to the ear test and found the noise to becoming from the lower forward crankcase under the oil filter. There's a recessed hole where it's the loudest. I don't have an inspection mirror to take a peek inside.
I'm just going to take it to the dealer tomorrow when they open.
I too will be at the dealers door when they open tomorrow. But I am going to have them pick the bike up that I don't want to ride it like it is and play the videos for them.

That sounds like the same place my noise is coming from. Which gonna dealer are you going to so I can tell my dealership same issue at your dealer. Mine will be at the 2 brothers Honda in Onalaska Wisconsin.

Two bad the dealership has the transaction record from my purchase or I might try that Australia bit. My bike has only been in our hands for just over 10 months close to 11, so I am under the one year mark but going what is wrong is not covered under the 6 month warranty...

Really has me questioning or thinking about the extended bit..

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
I too will be at the dealers door when they open tomorrow. But I am going to have them pick the bike up that I don't want to ride it like it is and play the videos for them.

That sounds like the same place my noise is coming from. Which gonna dealer are you going to so I can tell my dealership same issue at your dealer. Mine will be at the 2 brothers Honda in Onalaska Wisconsin.

Two bad the dealership has the transaction record from my purchase or I might try that Australia bit. My bike has only been in our hands for just over 10 months close to 11, so I am under the one year mark but going what is wrong is not covered under the 6 month warranty...

Really has me questioning or thinking about the extended bit..

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
I'm taking my bike to motorsports kansas in wichita Kansas. I'll be loading my bike up in the back I my truck and dropping it off. I checked my oil the proper way, side stand and warm and it fills the whole sight glass. Hoping it's something simple! I'm going to show my dealer this thread that way they know others are having the same deal.
I too will be at the dealers door when they open tomorrow. But I am going to have them pick the bike up that I don't want to ride it like it is and play the videos for them.

That sounds like the same place my noise is coming from. Which gonna dealer are you going to so I can tell my dealership same issue at your dealer. Mine will be at the 2 brothers Honda in Onalaska Wisconsin.

Two bad the dealership has the transaction record from my purchase or I might try that Australia bit. My bike has only been in our hands for just over 10 months close to 11, so I am under the one year mark but going what is wrong is not covered under the 6 month warranty...

Really has me questioning or thinking about the extended bit..

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
I'm taking my bike to motorsports kansas in wichita Kansas. I'll be loading my bike up in the back I my truck and dropping it off. I checked my oil the proper way, side stand and warm and it fills the whole sight glass. Hoping it's something simple! I'm going to show my dealer this thread that way they know others are having the same deal.
Mate, I'm no expert, but I don't think oil should fill the whole site glass.
I too will be at the dealers door when they open tomorrow. But I am going to have them pick the bike up that I don't want to ride it like it is and play the videos for them.

That sounds like the same place my noise is coming from. Which gonna dealer are you going to so I can tell my dealership same issue at your dealer. Mine will be at the 2 brothers Honda in Onalaska Wisconsin.

Two bad the dealership has the transaction record from my purchase or I might try that Australia bit. My bike has only been in our hands for just over 10 months close to 11, so I am under the one year mark but going what is wrong is not covered under the 6 month warranty...

Really has me questioning or thinking about the extended bit..

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
I'm taking my bike to motorsports kansas in wichita Kansas. I'll be loading my bike up in the back I my truck and dropping it off. I checked my oil the proper way, side stand and warm and it fills the whole sight glass. Hoping it's something simple! I'm going to show my dealer this thread that way they know others are having the same deal.
Mate, I'm no expert, but I don't think oil should fill the whole site glass.
Like it says in post #12....inthe manual and everywhere else where people have bothered to figure out what theyre doing. YOU DONT CHECK IT ON THE SIDE STAND....ITS THE CENTER STAND.
I too will be at the dealers door when they open tomorrow. But I am going to have them pick the bike up that I don't want to ride it like it is and play the videos for them.

That sounds like the same place my noise is coming from. Which gonna dealer are you going to so I can tell my dealership same issue at your dealer. Mine will be at the 2 brothers Honda in Onalaska Wisconsin.

Two bad the dealership has the transaction record from my purchase or I might try that Australia bit. My bike has only been in our hands for just over 10 months close to 11, so I am under the one year mark but going what is wrong is not covered under the 6 month warranty...

Really has me questioning or thinking about the extended bit..

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
I'm taking my bike to motorsports kansas in wichita Kansas. I'll be loading my bike up in the back I my truck and dropping it off. I checked my oil the proper way, side stand and warm and it fills the whole sight glass. Hoping it's something simple! I'm going to show my dealer this thread that way they know others are having the same deal.
Mate, I'm no expert, but I don't think oil should fill the whole site glass.
Like it says in post #12....inthe manual and everywhere else where people have bothered to figure out what theyre doing. YOU DONT CHECK IT ON THE SIDE STAND....ITS THE CENTER STAND.
Whoops sorry, meant center stand, I think my phone auto corrected it lol I was busy launching a jet when I posted that comment in a hurry. I'm in the Airforce when they say let's roll you drop your stuff and go haha but yes I had it on the center stand and the oil sight glass was full. I think my dealer overfilled it.
 
Fleetwood_imp said:
Deanohh_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Fleetwood_imp said:
dBuster_imp said:
Fleetwood_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Tell them you bought in England or Australia or almost any other country where they get 2 years warranty for some reason :huh:
Well, I did the hose to the ear test and found the noise to becoming from the lower forward crankcase under the oil filter. There's a recessed hole where it's the loudest. I don't have an inspection mirror to take a peek inside.
I'm just going to take it to the dealer tomorrow when they open.
I too will be at the dealers door when they open tomorrow. But I am going to have them pick the bike up that I don't want to ride it like it is and play the videos for them.

That sounds like the same place my noise is coming from. Which gonna dealer are you going to so I can tell my dealership same issue at your dealer. Mine will be at the 2 brothers Honda in Onalaska Wisconsin.

Two bad the dealership has the transaction record from my purchase or I might try that Australia bit. My bike has only been in our hands for just over 10 months close to 11, so I am under the one year mark but going what is wrong is not covered under the 6 month warranty...

Really has me questioning or thinking about the extended bit..

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
I too will be at the dealers door when they open tomorrow. But I am going to have them pick the bike up that I don't want to ride it like it is and play the videos for them.

That sounds like the same place my noise is coming from. Which gonna dealer are you going to so I can tell my dealership same issue at your dealer. Mine will be at the 2 brothers Honda in Onalaska Wisconsin.

Two bad the dealership has the transaction record from my purchase or I might try that Australia bit. My bike has only been in our hands for just over 10 months close to 11, so I am under the one year mark but going what is wrong is not covered under the 6 month warranty...

Really has me questioning or thinking about the extended bit..

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
I'm taking my bike to motorsports kansas in wichita Kansas. I'll be loading my bike up in the back I my truck and dropping it off. I checked my oil the proper way, side stand and warm and it fills the whole sight glass. Hoping it's something simple! I'm going to show my dealer this thread that way they know others are having the same deal.
I too will be at the dealers door when they open tomorrow. But I am going to have them pick the bike up that I don't want to ride it like it is and play the videos for them.

That sounds like the same place my noise is coming from. Which gonna dealer are you going to so I can tell my dealership same issue at your dealer. Mine will be at the 2 brothers Honda in Onalaska Wisconsin.

Two bad the dealership has the transaction record from my purchase or I might try that Australia bit. My bike has only been in our hands for just over 10 months close to 11, so I am under the one year mark but going what is wrong is not covered under the 6 month warranty...

Really has me questioning or thinking about the extended bit..

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
I'm taking my bike to motorsports kansas in wichita Kansas. I'll be loading my bike up in the back I my truck and dropping it off. I checked my oil the proper way, side stand and warm and it fills the whole sight glass. Hoping it's something simple! I'm going to show my dealer this thread that way they know others are having the same deal.
Mate, I'm no expert, but I don't think oil should fill the whole site glass.
I too will be at the dealers door when they open tomorrow. But I am going to have them pick the bike up that I don't want to ride it like it is and play the videos for them.

That sounds like the same place my noise is coming from. Which gonna dealer are you going to so I can tell my dealership same issue at your dealer. Mine will be at the 2 brothers Honda in Onalaska Wisconsin.

Two bad the dealership has the transaction record from my purchase or I might try that Australia bit. My bike has only been in our hands for just over 10 months close to 11, so I am under the one year mark but going what is wrong is not covered under the 6 month warranty...

Really has me questioning or thinking about the extended bit..

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
I'm taking my bike to motorsports kansas in wichita Kansas. I'll be loading my bike up in the back I my truck and dropping it off. I checked my oil the proper way, side stand and warm and it fills the whole sight glass. Hoping it's something simple! I'm going to show my dealer this thread that way they know others are having the same deal.
Mate, I'm no expert, but I don't think oil should fill the whole site glass.
Like it says in post #12....inthe manual and everywhere else where people have bothered to figure out what theyre doing. YOU DONT CHECK IT ON THE SIDE STAND....ITS THE CENTER STAND.
I too will be at the dealers door when they open tomorrow. But I am going to have them pick the bike up that I don't want to ride it like it is and play the videos for them.

That sounds like the same place my noise is coming from. Which gonna dealer are you going to so I can tell my dealership same issue at your dealer. Mine will be at the 2 brothers Honda in Onalaska Wisconsin.

Two bad the dealership has the transaction record from my purchase or I might try that Australia bit. My bike has only been in our hands for just over 10 months close to 11, so I am under the one year mark but going what is wrong is not covered under the 6 month warranty...

Really has me questioning or thinking about the extended bit..

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
I'm taking my bike to motorsports kansas in wichita Kansas. I'll be loading my bike up in the back I my truck and dropping it off. I checked my oil the proper way, side stand and warm and it fills the whole sight glass. Hoping it's something simple! I'm going to show my dealer this thread that way they know others are having the same deal.
Mate, I'm no expert, but I don't think oil should fill the whole site glass.
Like it says in post #12....inthe manual and everywhere else where people have bothered to figure out what theyre doing. YOU DONT CHECK IT ON THE SIDE STAND....ITS THE CENTER STAND.
Whoops sorry, meant center stand, I think my phone auto corrected it lol I was busy launching a jet when I posted that comment in a hurry. I'm in the Airforce when they say let's roll you drop your stuff and go haha but yes I had it on the center stand and the oil sight glass was full. I think my dealer overfilled it.
I'm taking my bike to motorsports kansas in wichita Kansas. I'll be loading my bike up in the back I my truck and dropping it off. I checked my oil the proper way, side stand and warm and it fills the whole sight glass. Hoping it's something simple! I'm going to show my dealer this thread that way they know others are having the same deal.
Mate, I'm no expert, but I don't think oil should fill the whole site glass.
Like it says in post #12....inthe manual and everywhere else where people have bothered to figure out what theyre doing. YOU DONT CHECK IT ON THE SIDE STAND....ITS THE CENTER STAND.
Whoops sorry, meant center stand, I think my phone auto corrected it lol I was busy launching a jet when I posted that comment in a hurry. I'm in the Airforce when they say let's roll you drop your stuff and go haha but yes I had it on the center stand and the oil sight glass was full. I think my dealer overfilled it.
Nevermind.
 
I have been told overfilling is a very bad idea and that, if you do it, you should drain some out immediately. Does anyone know if that's right? Seems reasonable.
 
Back
Top