Getting my CB as a birthday present!

MagnaRider

Been there
Thread starter
Just super excited to go pick this bike up next weekend! Really hoping it all works out and I can "offically" join this community.
 
Well, that's a heck of a birthday present. Congrats and Happy Birthday
 
Congratulations MagnaRider. What a present.
 
Thread starter
Anybody have luck finding aftermarket exhaust systems for these still? Ideally I want a 4-1 system with a cat an o2 delete from Yoshimura but they are not in production anymore, and doesn't seem like anyone makes a performance exhaust for these from what I can find online.
Honestly I'll be happy with anything as long as it gets louder and I can benefit from the power commander.
 
Thread starter
Aww don't play that game! Twins are half an engine! I'm not looking for an obnoxious potato noise lol just more than stock.
I did find the Delkevic exhausts are still sold, people like those?
 
MagnaRider_imp said:
Aww don't play that game! Twins are half an engine! I'm not looking for an obnoxious potato noise lol just more than stock.
I did find the Delkevic exhausts are still sold, people like those?
I bought a CB1100 after riding a Sportster for 10 years. The CB seemed sooo quiet the first year--it felt as if something was missing, and I thought about aftermarket exhaust. But I realized I was just chasing a sound and decided to give the inline-4 a chance "to speak to me". At some point, riding along a quiet country road perhaps, I realized I had grown to like the relaxing Honda hum. Coincidently, that idea matched my budget!
: )

Not trying to convince you of anything...I understand the quest. My solution was to buy another bike! First a Kawasaki W800 café; sold it and bought a RE INT650; sold it and bought a standard W800...all 3 bikes with a very pleasant rumble to them...budget...Hahahahahahaa!
 
Thread starter
I still run my 84 Magna with the stock exhaust system. Very quiet hum until you get on it, which is exactly what I am looking for with this CB. I'll know more once I drive it home friday (400 mile first trip - excited!)

Just from watching videos of others, seems like its very quiet stock and I'd like just a lil bit more.

Also, any things I should be looking for before purchase of this bike? 2014 CB1100 with 19000 miles on it.
Dealership has done there mechanical inspections and everything seems good as well as a DOT inspection.

Comes with 3 hard bags for the rear which idk why they don't have that pictured, that was a big reason for getting this bike so I can do longer trips with the added cargo space.
 
If you plan on riding long distance just be aware that droning exhaust noise can be very tiring (learned that lesson on a Suzuki GS 1100 ES with Vance and Hines pipe) and also upswept aftermarket exhausts have been known to burn holes in the bottom of saddlebags when too close.

At 19,000 miles I would be checking brakes pads and make sure the brake & clutch fluids had been changed. The sprockets and chain should be good for another 15,000 miles if the chain hasn't been neglected. I replace the spark plugs and air cleaner every 25,000 miles. Battery every 4 years. Oil/oil filter every 4,000 miles.
 
Thread starter
Thanks Ferret!

Is there any access to a Factory service manual, or repair manual of any kind for this bike that the forum has access to?
Also just got confirmation this bike already has RLETs on it. Now I know nothing will go wrong :)
 
MagnaRider_imp said:
Thanks Ferret!

Is there any access to a Factory service manual, or repair manual of any kind for this bike that the forum has access to?
Also just got confirmation this bike already has RLETs on it. Now I know nothing will go wrong :)
No service manual online that I am aware of.

If you give us the last 4 digits of the serial number Cormanus may be able to tell you who the previous owner was. Not sure many outside of the forum installed Rlets.
 
MagnaRider_imp said:
I still run my 84 Magna with the stock exhaust system. Very quiet hum until you get on it, which is exactly what I am looking for with this CB. I'll know more once I drive it home friday (400 mile first trip - excited!)

Just from watching videos of others, seems like its very quiet stock and I'd like just a lil bit more.

Also, any things I should be looking for before purchase of this bike? 2014 CB1100 with 19000 miles on it.
Dealership has done there mechanical inspections and everything seems good as well as a DOT inspection.

Comes with 3 hard bags for the rear which idk why they don't have that pictured, that was a big reason for getting this bike so I can do longer trips with the added cargo space.


Old video....but if you want to hear what the bike sounds like with an exhaust-

 
Thread starter
Thanks for the manual and other helpful responses!

Tomorrow is the big day, super excited! I was talking with the sales rep and I guess I was mistaken, looks like the bike already has what appears to be a full arrow exhaust? I think?
Here is the link for the bike, I'll take more pictures of it when I see it in person. For those more experienced with these bikes, anything else appear aftermarket on this bike?
https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2014-Honda®-CB1100-5033072452#sid=496190
 
That's an Arrow slip on. It doesn't look like the Arrow headers.

Let's see here....the luggage rack is of course aftermarket. the Horn covers are aftermarket. The bar ends are aftermarket. chrome gauge covers are aftermarket. There's highway pegs installed....that's aftermarket. Something's up with the passenger pegs too. they also look aftermarket. Looks like an LED headlight and aftermarket bracket are installed. maybe a headlight swap from a newer model? not sure.

the tires on the other hand are straight stock BT54's.....i would swap those right away if i were you.
 
Looks like aftermarket bar risers as well.

case guards

missing rear reflectors

The left Rlet looks either ground off or ripped
 
Thread starter
Wow, I'm surprised there is that much aftermarket stuff on there! Definitely gonna have to fix that left RLET!

Thanks for the quick replies, been feeling welcomed into a new bike community as I'm coming from the V4Musclebike forum
 
Back
Top