gossman_imp
Been there
ABS? Inquiring minds need to know.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I would imagine that describes a lot of us here, as the bike plucks the heart string of a particular demographic. Only my lust for it goes back it's first appearance as a show bike, when it was stated that there were "no plans to bring it to the US". At that moment, my brain said that if they ever bring it here, I will buy one. So, I had to keep my promise!OldF7Guy_imp said:You knew more than me at that particular time. What got this all started was somebody here posted a link to a CB on ebay and it was sold the next day. I was seriously considering that one but cant pull the trigger as quickly as others. Then I got to searching and searching and came across this one.powerdogg11_imp said:F7 as I stated in a previous post. There was no doubt you'd be rolling into the rally on a CB 1100. Ride it like you stole it! (at that price thats fairly accurate). Congratulations on the bike and stay safe my friend.
Its going to be a long week for me. Right now, my plan is to drive over Friday and ride it in. Its raining here today and is supposed to rain through Wed and a chance THurs so Friday is my only window of opportunity right now. Just gotta play it by ear. Im trying to contain my excitement but I have wanted one of these from the very first time I found out Honda was going to sell them in the states.
No ABS on the one I am buying. They are sorta rare but there are some out there for sale.gossman_imp said:ABS? Inquiring minds need to know.
Congrats F7! Looks like a great deal on a very slightly used bike (mine had 1K miles on it in the first month). Are you trading in the CB750?OldF7Guy_imp said:Congrats !furious_blue_imp said:Congrats !OldF7Guy_imp said:You knew more than me at that particular time. What got this all started was somebody here posted a link to a CB on ebay and it was sold the next day. I was seriously considering that one but cant pull the trigger as quickly as others. Then I got to searching and searching and came across this one.powerdogg11_imp said:F7 as I stated in a previous post. There was no doubt you'd be rolling into the rally on a CB 1100. Ride it like you stole it! (at that price thats fairly accurate). Congratulations on the bike and stay safe my friend.
Its going to be a long week for me. Right now, my plan is to drive over Friday and ride it in. Its raining here today and is supposed to rain through Wed and a chance THurs so Friday is my only window of opportunity right now. Just gotta play it by ear. Im trying to contain my excitement but I have wanted one of these from the very first time I found out Honda was going to sell them in the states.
That price is significantly less than what my dealer re-sold my '13 trade in for (with 750 miles on it).
That price is significantly less than what my dealer re-sold my '13 trade in for (with 750 miles on it).
Its significantly less than any other 13 I find as well. New, cheapest I can find is 7600. I think this dealer is bigtime into 4 wheelers and side by sides due to their location and didnt want to sit on this one all winter. Here is a link to the bike. The mirror is loose for some reason but I didnt see anything wrong with it from the pictures.
http://eastky.craigslist.org/mcd/4672451611.html
What did you trade for furious blue?
Congrats F7! Looks like a great deal on a very slightly used bike (mine had 1K miles on it in the first month). Are you trading in the CB750?Flynrider_imp said:Congrats F7! Looks like a great deal on a very slightly used bike (mine had 1K miles on it in the first month). Are you trading in the CB750?OldF7Guy_imp said:Congrats !furious_blue_imp said:Congrats !OldF7Guy_imp said:You knew more than me at that particular time. What got this all started was somebody here posted a link to a CB on ebay and it was sold the next day. I was seriously considering that one but cant pull the trigger as quickly as others. Then I got to searching and searching and came across this one.powerdogg11_imp said:F7 as I stated in a previous post. There was no doubt you'd be rolling into the rally on a CB 1100. Ride it like you stole it! (at that price thats fairly accurate). Congratulations on the bike and stay safe my friend.
Its going to be a long week for me. Right now, my plan is to drive over Friday and ride it in. Its raining here today and is supposed to rain through Wed and a chance THurs so Friday is my only window of opportunity right now. Just gotta play it by ear. Im trying to contain my excitement but I have wanted one of these from the very first time I found out Honda was going to sell them in the states.
That price is significantly less than what my dealer re-sold my '13 trade in for (with 750 miles on it).
That price is significantly less than what my dealer re-sold my '13 trade in for (with 750 miles on it).
Its significantly less than any other 13 I find as well. New, cheapest I can find is 7600. I think this dealer is bigtime into 4 wheelers and side by sides due to their location and didnt want to sit on this one all winter. Here is a link to the bike. The mirror is loose for some reason but I didnt see anything wrong with it from the pictures.
http://eastky.craigslist.org/mcd/4672451611.html
What did you trade for furious blue?
And I imagine he holds the record for most forum posts without actually owning a CB1100 ?!VTR1000F_imp said:about time!

And I imagine he holds the record for most forum posts without actually owning a CB1100 ?!ClassicVW_imp said:And I imagine he holds the record for most forum posts without actually owning a CB1100 ?!VTR1000F_imp said:about time!![]()
And I imagine he holds the record for most forum posts without actually owning a CB1100 ?!ClassicVW_imp said:And I imagine he holds the record for most forum posts without actually owning a CB1100 ?!VTR1000F_imp said:about time!![]()

Thanks a lot Ferret. I just cant hardly wait and know Im going to like it. Its a big moment in my life. I will try to post pics but I cant promise anything since Im not very good with my i phone. Biggest concern since I have so far to travel is to get home well before dark. Deer that hit me last week scared me pretty bad. Not taking chances on a motorcycle close to dark. I will park it and get a motel room if I have to.The ferret_imp said:And we can't wait for you to fulfill your dream of owning a CB 1100. Can only hope it's everything you hoped it would be.
If you find yourself 'stuck', my usual strategy is to slow down and wait for a car to come up from behind. I then wave them past and let them lead, both to light up the road ahead AND to let them be the ones that hit the deer.OldF7Guy_imp said:Thanks a lot Ferret. I just cant hardly wait and know Im going to like it. Its a big moment in my life. I will try to post pics but I cant promise anything since Im not very good with my i phone. Biggest concern since I have so far to travel is to get home well before dark. Deer that hit me last week scared me pretty bad. Not taking chances on a motorcycle close to dark. I will park it and get a motel room if I have to.The ferret_imp said:And we can't wait for you to fulfill your dream of owning a CB 1100. Can only hope it's everything you hoped it would be.
If you find yourself 'stuck', my usual strategy is to slow down and wait for a car to come up from behind. I then wave them past and let them lead, both to light up the road ahead AND to let them be the ones that hit the deer.furious_blue_imp said:If you find yourself 'stuck', my usual strategy is to slow down and wait for a car to come up from behind. I then wave them past and let them lead, both to light up the road ahead AND to let them be the ones that hit the deer.OldF7Guy_imp said:Thanks a lot Ferret. I just cant hardly wait and know Im going to like it. Its a big moment in my life. I will try to post pics but I cant promise anything since Im not very good with my i phone. Biggest concern since I have so far to travel is to get home well before dark. Deer that hit me last week scared me pretty bad. Not taking chances on a motorcycle close to dark. I will park it and get a motel room if I have to.The ferret_imp said:And we can't wait for you to fulfill your dream of owning a CB 1100. Can only hope it's everything you hoped it would be.
LOL:rofl: Gotta find a new guy now empty! Im jamming in on the CB11 to the rally! Find a new photographer!EmptySea_imp said:Congrats! Now we need a new photographer for the NC Rally. LOL
Haven't noticed them for sale anywhere recently, but you used to be able to get a little high frequency whistle that mounted to your bike, car, etc. that supposedly alerted the dear. Much like a dog whistle, they hear it, but you don't. No clue if they work, or not. I bet you could still find one in the good old J. C. Whitney catalog!OldF7Guy_imp said:Thanks a lot Ferret. I just cant hardly wait and know Im going to like it. Its a big moment in my life. I will try to post pics but I cant promise anything since Im not very good with my i phone. Biggest concern since I have so far to travel is to get home well before dark. Deer that hit me last week scared me pretty bad. Not taking chances on a motorcycle close to dark. I will park it and get a motel room if I have to.The ferret_imp said:And we can't wait for you to fulfill your dream of owning a CB 1100. Can only hope it's everything you hoped it would be.