Gentlemen, the eagle has landed!

OldF7Guy_imp said:
powerdogg11_imp said:
F7 as I stated in a previous post. There was no doubt you'd be rolling into the rally on a CB 1100. Ride it like you stole it! (at that price thats fairly accurate). Congratulations on the bike and stay safe my friend.
You knew more than me at that particular time. What got this all started was somebody here posted a link to a CB on ebay and it was sold the next day. I was seriously considering that one but cant pull the trigger as quickly as others. Then I got to searching and searching and came across this one.

Its going to be a long week for me. Right now, my plan is to drive over Friday and ride it in. Its raining here today and is supposed to rain through Wed and a chance THurs so Friday is my only window of opportunity right now. Just gotta play it by ear. Im trying to contain my excitement but I have wanted one of these from the very first time I found out Honda was going to sell them in the states.
I would imagine that describes a lot of us here, as the bike plucks the heart string of a particular demographic. Only my lust for it goes back it's first appearance as a show bike, when it was stated that there were "no plans to bring it to the US". At that moment, my brain said that if they ever bring it here, I will buy one. So, I had to keep my promise!
 
I didn't realize you didn't own one of these fine machines. It will be a few long days ahead but very gratifying when you get on it to ride it home. Best of Luck :thumbsup:
 
Congrats! F7Guy, It was only a matter of time. I rode 260 miles yesterday and my butt was sore. I know an Air Hawk is in my near future.
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
furious_blue_imp said:
OldF7Guy_imp said:
powerdogg11_imp said:
F7 as I stated in a previous post. There was no doubt you'd be rolling into the rally on a CB 1100. Ride it like you stole it! (at that price thats fairly accurate). Congratulations on the bike and stay safe my friend.
You knew more than me at that particular time. What got this all started was somebody here posted a link to a CB on ebay and it was sold the next day. I was seriously considering that one but cant pull the trigger as quickly as others. Then I got to searching and searching and came across this one.

Its going to be a long week for me. Right now, my plan is to drive over Friday and ride it in. Its raining here today and is supposed to rain through Wed and a chance THurs so Friday is my only window of opportunity right now. Just gotta play it by ear. Im trying to contain my excitement but I have wanted one of these from the very first time I found out Honda was going to sell them in the states.
Congrats !

That price is significantly less than what my dealer re-sold my '13 trade in for (with 750 miles on it).
Congrats !

That price is significantly less than what my dealer re-sold my '13 trade in for (with 750 miles on it).
Its significantly less than any other 13 I find as well. New, cheapest I can find is 7600. I think this dealer is bigtime into 4 wheelers and side by sides due to their location and didnt want to sit on this one all winter. Here is a link to the bike. The mirror is loose for some reason but I didnt see anything wrong with it from the pictures.

http://eastky.craigslist.org/mcd/4672451611.html


What did you trade for furious blue?
Congrats F7! Looks like a great deal on a very slightly used bike (mine had 1K miles on it in the first month). Are you trading in the CB750?
 
Thread starter
Flynrider_imp said:
OldF7Guy_imp said:
furious_blue_imp said:
OldF7Guy_imp said:
powerdogg11_imp said:
F7 as I stated in a previous post. There was no doubt you'd be rolling into the rally on a CB 1100. Ride it like you stole it! (at that price thats fairly accurate). Congratulations on the bike and stay safe my friend.
You knew more than me at that particular time. What got this all started was somebody here posted a link to a CB on ebay and it was sold the next day. I was seriously considering that one but cant pull the trigger as quickly as others. Then I got to searching and searching and came across this one.

Its going to be a long week for me. Right now, my plan is to drive over Friday and ride it in. Its raining here today and is supposed to rain through Wed and a chance THurs so Friday is my only window of opportunity right now. Just gotta play it by ear. Im trying to contain my excitement but I have wanted one of these from the very first time I found out Honda was going to sell them in the states.
Congrats !

That price is significantly less than what my dealer re-sold my '13 trade in for (with 750 miles on it).
Congrats !

That price is significantly less than what my dealer re-sold my '13 trade in for (with 750 miles on it).
Its significantly less than any other 13 I find as well. New, cheapest I can find is 7600. I think this dealer is bigtime into 4 wheelers and side by sides due to their location and didnt want to sit on this one all winter. Here is a link to the bike. The mirror is loose for some reason but I didnt see anything wrong with it from the pictures.

http://eastky.craigslist.org/mcd/4672451611.html


What did you trade for furious blue?
Congrats F7! Looks like a great deal on a very slightly used bike (mine had 1K miles on it in the first month). Are you trading in the CB750?
Congrats F7! Looks like a great deal on a very slightly used bike (mine had 1K miles on it in the first month). Are you trading in the CB750?

Flynrider, not trading the 750. I rode it today. Im probably going to try to sell it though if everything works out but Im not sure. I just gotta see how I like the 1100 ect. And I really have my heart set on a 14 dlx so Im in a state of flux to some degree. No big time gripes with the 750. Those suckers are real troopers and reliable as the sun coming up in the east. So easy to work on. Smooth. I really really like mine.

We are heading into a time of year in my part of the world that it will be hard to sell a motorcycle. Im going to sit on it and hope for the best next spring and still ride it. I have had a ton of fun on this 750 and hate to let go of it. Very little to fault on this bike. What is to fault I think is addressed by the new CB1100. I will find out shortly.
 
Well alright! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that the transaction goes smoothly with no surprises.

Good stuff.
 
Thread starter
ClassicVW_imp said:
VTR1000F_imp said:
about time!
And I imagine he holds the record for most forum posts without actually owning a CB1100 ?! ;)
And I imagine he holds the record for most forum posts without actually owning a CB1100 ?! ;)
You are probably right.:rofl: I was the 4th person to join this forum exactly 18 months ago to the day. Its a little embarrassing to be honest but my heart was always in the right place and I just had to get my checkbook to agree. You guys have all been great helping me with my CB750 when I needed advice and I appreciate it a lot. 3 more days and I should have it home if the weather cooperates. :thumbsup:
 
And we can't wait for you to fulfill your dream of owning a CB 1100. Can only hope it's everything you hoped it would be.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
And we can't wait for you to fulfill your dream of owning a CB 1100. Can only hope it's everything you hoped it would be.
Thanks a lot Ferret. I just cant hardly wait and know Im going to like it. Its a big moment in my life. I will try to post pics but I cant promise anything since Im not very good with my i phone. Biggest concern since I have so far to travel is to get home well before dark. Deer that hit me last week scared me pretty bad. Not taking chances on a motorcycle close to dark. I will park it and get a motel room if I have to.
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
And we can't wait for you to fulfill your dream of owning a CB 1100. Can only hope it's everything you hoped it would be.
Thanks a lot Ferret. I just cant hardly wait and know Im going to like it. Its a big moment in my life. I will try to post pics but I cant promise anything since Im not very good with my i phone. Biggest concern since I have so far to travel is to get home well before dark. Deer that hit me last week scared me pretty bad. Not taking chances on a motorcycle close to dark. I will park it and get a motel room if I have to.
If you find yourself 'stuck', my usual strategy is to slow down and wait for a car to come up from behind. I then wave them past and let them lead, both to light up the road ahead AND to let them be the ones that hit the deer.
 
Thread starter
furious_blue_imp said:
OldF7Guy_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
And we can't wait for you to fulfill your dream of owning a CB 1100. Can only hope it's everything you hoped it would be.
Thanks a lot Ferret. I just cant hardly wait and know Im going to like it. Its a big moment in my life. I will try to post pics but I cant promise anything since Im not very good with my i phone. Biggest concern since I have so far to travel is to get home well before dark. Deer that hit me last week scared me pretty bad. Not taking chances on a motorcycle close to dark. I will park it and get a motel room if I have to.
If you find yourself 'stuck', my usual strategy is to slow down and wait for a car to come up from behind. I then wave them past and let them lead, both to light up the road ahead AND to let them be the ones that hit the deer.
If you find yourself 'stuck', my usual strategy is to slow down and wait for a car to come up from behind. I then wave them past and let them lead, both to light up the road ahead AND to let them be the ones that hit the deer.
Plus one. I use the leading cars lights all the time. Im not going to put myself in that position if possible. The deer that hit me really shook me up. I want to minimize my chances. I am not taking chances.

I want to stay safe as much as possible.
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
Congrats! Now we need a new photographer for the NC Rally. LOL
LOL:rofl: Gotta find a new guy now empty! Im jamming in on the CB11 to the rally! Find a new photographer!
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
And we can't wait for you to fulfill your dream of owning a CB 1100. Can only hope it's everything you hoped it would be.
Thanks a lot Ferret. I just cant hardly wait and know Im going to like it. Its a big moment in my life. I will try to post pics but I cant promise anything since Im not very good with my i phone. Biggest concern since I have so far to travel is to get home well before dark. Deer that hit me last week scared me pretty bad. Not taking chances on a motorcycle close to dark. I will park it and get a motel room if I have to.
Haven't noticed them for sale anywhere recently, but you used to be able to get a little high frequency whistle that mounted to your bike, car, etc. that supposedly alerted the dear. Much like a dog whistle, they hear it, but you don't. No clue if they work, or not. I bet you could still find one in the good old J. C. Whitney catalog!
 
I have noticed deer along side the road back away from my Staintune as I go by where the same deer did not budge as the cars in front of me went by....
 
Back
Top