zbillster_imp
Been there
Thread starter
On the trails ... there are NO mail carriers!Cormanus_imp said:And don’t ride on the road!

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
On the trails ... there are NO mail carriers!Cormanus_imp said:And don’t ride on the road!


In in younger days I think I wouldn't have hesitated to cross at the 6:45 point in the video...now--I probably look for another way around!zbillster_imp said:I'm sticking to baby trails. Like this one near me. Long straight wide repurposed railway road.
Chaparral Rail Trail | Texas Trails | TrailLink
I'm also hoping to return to Moab, Utah. There's a wide, safe jeep trail that goes around some gorgeous scenery.

1. Not doing the WHOLE 100 miles on a bike.Frulk_imp said:If your planning to do the WHOLE trail then be aware the White Rim Trail now requires a permit because its so crowded. Moab is now officially a tourist destination and all the trappings that come with that are present. Stop and go traffic in town, crowding, competition for camp sites. Long lines to get into the national parks and so forth. Drive through town and Utah plates are the minority. I avoid the place now except for the shoulder seasons, and then it's only to have an outfitter come to retrieve me and my kayak/gear from the rivers.
That guy was crazy.

By the time I got home after the 5000-mile trip, the rear tires were worn down to the nub. Tires were a recurring, annoying expense in this car. Trying to make them last till I got home.GoldOxide_imp said:Bill: Some really nice snaps for sure.
(*sigh*) 2013 seems so long ago now.
What was this?
... taken from Last S2000 Road Trip 2013 · Aug 30, 2013 – Sep 9, 2016![]()
Ah, okay. I noticed the tread, but thought it was about that beige thingy in the pic.zbillster_imp said:By the time I got home after the 5000-mile trip, the rear tires were worn down to the nub. Tires were a recurring, annoying expense in this car. Trying to make them last till I got home.GoldOxide_imp said:Bill: Some really nice snaps for sure.
(*sigh*) 2013 seems so long ago now.
What was this?
... taken from Last S2000 Road Trip 2013 · Aug 30, 2013 – Sep 9, 2016![]()
I was selling the car with the original 16" wheels (which still had tread) and selling these 17" separately, so didn't want to have to spend another $400 on rear tires.
You left out dogs. Had about five chasing after me today, but I think the 29" knobby tires kept them at bay.GoldOxide_imp said:Bill: Pleez be careful. There are trees, boulders, trenches, gullies, and maybe the worse: Squirrels who can never seem to make up their mind.![]()


You left out dogs. Had about five chasing after me today, but I think the 29" knobby tires kept them at bay.zbillster_imp said:You left out dogs. Had about five chasing after me today, but I think the 29" knobby tires kept them at bay.GoldOxide_imp said:Bill: Pleez be careful. There are trees, boulders, trenches, gullies, and maybe the worse: Squirrels who can never seem to make up their mind.![]()
This is about as technical as it gets for me ...
![]()
Nice day for a new bike shakedown ...
![]()
![]()
![]()


You left out dogs. Had about five chasing after me today, but I think the 29" knobby tires kept them at bay.GoldOxide_imp said:You left out dogs. Had about five chasing after me today, but I think the 29" knobby tires kept them at bay.zbillster_imp said:You left out dogs. Had about five chasing after me today, but I think the 29" knobby tires kept them at bay.GoldOxide_imp said:Bill: Pleez be careful. There are trees, boulders, trenches, gullies, and maybe the worse: Squirrels who can never seem to make up their mind.![]()
This is about as technical as it gets for me ...
![]()
Nice day for a new bike shakedown ...
![]()
![]()
![]()
...
Were you wearin' meat or sumthin'?![]()

So the new owner in California called ... he wrecked it already.zbillster_imp said:So the new owner in California called ... he wrecked it already.zbillster_imp said:Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand look who's finally home. Two months to the day.
![]()
Low speed fallover ... he's ok but all the new shiny parts ... not so much. :dodgy:


I'm getting a lot of adjuster = good cop, back office = bad cop shenanigans.pdedse_imp said:zbillster, wow, never new insurance could be so difficult to deal with--the few times I've had to deal with progressive it was over vehicles only (car, mc, boat even), no body injury, and they were pretty much upfront and timely.
Keep on the mend!
Late November Update:zbillster_imp said:So the new owner in California called ... he wrecked it already.zbillster_imp said:So the new owner in California called ... he wrecked it already.zbillster_imp said:Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand look who's finally home. Two months to the day.
![]()
Low speed fallover ... he's ok but all the new shiny parts ... not so much. :dodgy:
Low speed fallover ... he's ok but all the new shiny parts ... not so much. :dodgy:
Late November Update:
1. New California owner called (again). Due to 69-year-old leg issues, he's going to fix up the bike and sell it (again). So be on the lookout on the West Coast for this CB.
2. The relationship with Progressive Insurance over my medical coverage reimbursement is getting heated. They are holding up reimbursement on the remaining $5100 of eligible medical bills (in my $25K total coverage) on "waiting for ER medical records" ... which I have filled out the authorization paperwork for at the hospital TWICE (once in person in late October) ... the hospital says they faxed the records access information to my adjuster in October the day I showed up in person, and again this week ... the adjuster seems to be avoiding my calls, responding via email days later. Next step: File a complaint to the Texas Department of Insurance to "motivate" them to close this July claim out. :dodgy:
3. The battle over medical bill negotiations will hopefully wind up soon. Got the $265 arm sling reduced to $50 (normal retail is $25 shipped) ... but it took about 2-1/2 weeks to seal the deal, as this crooked company (Dura Medic out of Austin, Texas) never answers their customer service line, never returns voicemail messages ... so I had to resort to badgering them with comments via social media and other sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Better Business Bureau, Google Maps, Yelp) to get a callback from the person authorized to take my reduced payment. That was a long, annoying trip around the barn.
4. Healing continues slowly but surely ... left hand less and less painful, right shoulder less bothersome.
Cheers, y'all! :hello:
