Gentlemen, it has been a great pleasure. (zbillster's farewell post)

Thread starter
zbillster_imp said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand look who's finally home. Two months to the day.

f5f7227106b1a061bf7489fc9bf23a2c.jpg
So the new owner in California called ... he wrecked it already.

Low speed fallover ... he's ok but all the new shiny parts ... not so much. :dodgy:
 
zbillster_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand look who's finally home. Two months to the day.

f5f7227106b1a061bf7489fc9bf23a2c.jpg
So the new owner in California called ... he wrecked it already.

Low speed fallover ... he's ok but all the new shiny parts ... not so much. :dodgy:
A couple of members, new to the bike, have used brakes too hard at slow speeds, and the quick stopping power caught them off guard...down went bikes. I wonder if this was the case with him.
 
Thread starter
pdedse_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand look who's finally home. Two months to the day.

f5f7227106b1a061bf7489fc9bf23a2c.jpg
So the new owner in California called ... he wrecked it already.

Low speed fallover ... he's ok but all the new shiny parts ... not so much. :dodgy:
A couple of members, new to the bike, have used brakes too hard at slow speeds, and the quick stopping power caught them off guard...down went bikes. I wonder if this was the case with him.
A couple of members, new to the bike, have used brakes too hard at slow speeds, and the quick stopping power caught them off guard...down went bikes. I wonder if this was the case with him.
That was his story ... "front brake was a little grabby" or something like that. I think he's an old Easy Rider used to raked choppers with no front brakes at all.

I do know from experience that if you stop too quickly, the pogo-ing of the front suspension will upset your balance.

(Symbolic washing of hands)

I had a similar story from a Kymco People 50cc scooter I sold in a previous decade ... I drive it to the new owner's house nearby, his wife takes it out for a spin the next day, and catches a mirror on the yard gate coming home ... he called, "What was the name of that place that services Kymco again?" Lotta scratched plastic on that one. :s :P
 
Thread starter
And the most distressing part is ... after all that pain, effort and slow-healing blisters ... he dared damage the RLETs! :@:@:@


 
.........................................................NO RLETs = NO problem..................................................
OEM
 
zbillster_imp said:
And the most distressing part is ... after all that pain, effort and slow-healing blisters ... he dared damage the RLETs! :@:@:@



Arrrgggghhhh
 
Many many years ago the husband of a co-worker had a very cherry Ford - the original small ones from the late 60's. This thing was babied and pampered.

For some reason he decided to sell it so some young buck bought and had it totaled within a week.

It was a heart breaker. :(
 
Ditto on the excellent front brakes. After riding my Road King for a few rides,took the cb out grabbed to much lever on a slow stop over she went. New clutch lever and new rear turn signal. Thankfully had engine guards or could have been worse.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
And the most distressing part is ... after all that pain, effort and slow-healing blisters ... he dared damage the RLETs! :@:@:@


Clearly the problem was the blue glove. :D

Fun flick Bill.
I needed something! In the prequel, my thumbnail started bleeding around the 8:00 mark and at the very end you can see the huge skin peel from my thumb and forefinger!




However, the latter may be from all the sweat buildup under the glove which softened the skin.

Man, those blisters took a couple of weeks to heal! And raw, throbbing skin in the two places you need it the most! :(

The moral ... don't bother with RLETs unless you're keeping the bike. :D
 
zbillster_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
And the most distressing part is ... after all that pain, effort and slow-healing blisters ... he dared damage the RLETs! :@:@:@


Clearly the problem was the blue glove. :D

Fun flick Bill.
I needed something! In the prequel, my thumbnail started bleeding around the 8:00 mark and at the very end you can see the huge skin peel from my thumb and forefinger!




However, the latter may be from all the sweat buildup under the glove which softened the skin.

Man, those blisters took a couple of weeks to heal! And raw, throbbing skin in the two places you need it the most! :(

The moral ... don't bother with RLETs unless you're keeping the bike. :D
Aw man - that means some soul went with the RLETs. I would have taken the RLETs off and sold to the highest Forum [blind auction] bidder ... like PB. :D
 
Thread starter
obleo_imp said:
Ditto on the excellent front brakes. After riding my Road King for a few rides,took the cb out grabbed to much lever on a slow stop over she went. New clutch lever and new rear turn signal. Thankfully had engine guards or could have been worse.
I was kinda warned by this guy's review about the front brakes before I bought it ... but while I was anticipating the issue I didn't experience anything that extreme in my experience. Your mileage may vary.



GoldOxide_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
And the most distressing part is ... after all that pain, effort and slow-healing blisters ... he dared damage the RLETs! :@:@:@


Clearly the problem was the blue glove. :D

Fun flick Bill.
I needed something! In the prequel, my thumbnail started bleeding around the 8:00 mark and at the very end you can see the huge skin peel from my thumb and forefinger!




However, the latter may be from all the sweat buildup under the glove which softened the skin.

Man, those blisters took a couple of weeks to heal! And raw, throbbing skin in the two places you need it the most! :(

The moral ... don't bother with RLETs unless you're keeping the bike. :D
Aw man - that means some soul went with the RLETs. I would have taken the RLETs off and sold to the highest Forum [blind auction] bidder ... like PB. :D

Aw man - that means some soul went with the RLETs. I would have taken the RLETs off and sold to the highest Forum [blind auction] bidder ... like PB. :D
Actually I put them on to dress it up for sale ... and (cough) cover up some scratches. :D

The new owner was kinda making noises how "the detailing was not up to his standards" when he received it ... :dodgy: ... yeah, how's that brake grab detail looking?
 
The new owner was kinda making noises how "the detailing was not up to his standards" when he received it ... :dodgy: ... yeah, how's that brake grab detail looking?
[/QUOTE]

:D :D :D ;)
 
zbillster_imp said:
obleo_imp said:
Ditto on the excellent front brakes. After riding my Road King for a few rides,took the cb out grabbed to much lever on a slow stop over she went. New clutch lever and new rear turn signal. Thankfully had engine guards or could have been worse.
I was kinda warned by this guy's review about the front brakes before I bought it ... but while I was anticipating the issue I didn't experience anything that extreme in my experience. Your mileage may vary.



GoldOxide_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
And the most distressing part is ... after all that pain, effort and slow-healing blisters ... he dared damage the RLETs! :@:@:@


Clearly the problem was the blue glove. :D

Fun flick Bill.
I needed something! In the prequel, my thumbnail started bleeding around the 8:00 mark and at the very end you can see the huge skin peel from my thumb and forefinger!




However, the latter may be from all the sweat buildup under the glove which softened the skin.

Man, those blisters took a couple of weeks to heal! And raw, throbbing skin in the two places you need it the most! :(

The moral ... don't bother with RLETs unless you're keeping the bike. :D
Aw man - that means some soul went with the RLETs. I would have taken the RLETs off and sold to the highest Forum [blind auction] bidder ... like PB. :D

Aw man - that means some soul went with the RLETs. I would have taken the RLETs off and sold to the highest Forum [blind auction] bidder ... like PB. :D
Actually I put them on to dress it up for sale ... and (cough) cover up some scratches. :D

The new owner was kinda making noises how "the detailing was not up to his standards" when he received it ... :dodgy: ... yeah, how's that brake grab detail looking?

It's a curious thing to say about a second-hand bike. If the cosmetics speak to you of neglect, then don't buy the thing. If it is fine, but you would choose to spend more time on cleaning and detailing, buy it. Don't tell the seller how he or she should have looked after it.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
obleo_imp said:
Ditto on the excellent front brakes. After riding my Road King for a few rides,took the cb out grabbed to much lever on a slow stop over she went. New clutch lever and new rear turn signal. Thankfully had engine guards or could have been worse.
I was kinda warned by this guy's review about the front brakes before I bought it ... but while I was anticipating the issue I didn't experience anything that extreme in my experience. Your mileage may vary.



GoldOxide_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
And the most distressing part is ... after all that pain, effort and slow-healing blisters ... he dared damage the RLETs! :@:@:@


Clearly the problem was the blue glove. :D

Fun flick Bill.
I needed something! In the prequel, my thumbnail started bleeding around the 8:00 mark and at the very end you can see the huge skin peel from my thumb and forefinger!




However, the latter may be from all the sweat buildup under the glove which softened the skin.

Man, those blisters took a couple of weeks to heal! And raw, throbbing skin in the two places you need it the most! :(

The moral ... don't bother with RLETs unless you're keeping the bike. :D
Aw man - that means some soul went with the RLETs. I would have taken the RLETs off and sold to the highest Forum [blind auction] bidder ... like PB. :D

Aw man - that means some soul went with the RLETs. I would have taken the RLETs off and sold to the highest Forum [blind auction] bidder ... like PB. :D
Actually I put them on to dress it up for sale ... and (cough) cover up some scratches. :D

The new owner was kinda making noises how "the detailing was not up to his standards" when he received it ... :dodgy: ... yeah, how's that brake grab detail looking?

It's a curious thing to say about a second-hand bike. If the cosmetics speak to you of neglect, then don't buy the thing. If it is fine, but you would choose to spend more time on cleaning and detailing, buy it. Don't tell the seller how he or she should have looked after it.

It's a curious thing to say about a second-hand bike. If the cosmetics speak to you of neglect, then don't buy the thing. If it is fine, but you would choose to spend more time on cleaning and detailing, buy it. Don't tell the seller how he or she should have looked after it.
I was pretty explicit in my YouTube walkaround video that I wasn't into header polishing and I bought it to ride and get dirty in the process. I even pointed out dirty spots.

In fact, I perhaps foolishly in hindsight went above and beyond to replace functional but cosmetically challenged parts to increase chances of sale.

I hope the new owner never reads this forum ... but I was really trying to hold off for another buyer who was a better match for the bike and in better circumstances. There was a guy from Florida who wanted to fly in and ride it home and visit places in Texas his late son spent time ... make a special adventure of it ... but then he said those fatal words ... "I'd better ask my wife first." :dodgy:
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
And the most distressing part is ... after all that pain, effort and slow-healing blisters ... he dared damage the RLETs! :@:@:@


Clearly the problem was the blue glove. :D

Fun flick Bill.
I needed something! In the prequel, my thumbnail started bleeding around the 8:00 mark and at the very end you can see the huge skin peel from my thumb and forefinger!




However, the latter may be from all the sweat buildup under the glove which softened the skin.

Man, those blisters took a couple of weeks to heal! And raw, throbbing skin in the two places you need it the most! :(

The moral ... don't bother with RLETs unless you're keeping the bike. :D
Aw man - that means some soul went with the RLETs. I would have taken the RLETs off and sold to the highest Forum [blind auction] bidder ... like PB. :D

Aw man - that means some soul went with the RLETs. I would have taken the RLETs off and sold to the highest Forum [blind auction] bidder ... like [url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/member.php?action=profile&uid=3454]PB. :D
Bad news... bank decline RLETs loan application
:)
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
And the most distressing part is ... after all that pain, effort and slow-healing blisters ... he dared damage the RLETs! :@:@:@


Clearly the problem was the blue glove. :D

Fun flick Bill.
I needed something! In the prequel, my thumbnail started bleeding around the 8:00 mark and at the very end you can see the huge skin peel from my thumb and forefinger!




However, the latter may be from all the sweat buildup under the glove which softened the skin.

Man, those blisters took a couple of weeks to heal! And raw, throbbing skin in the two places you need it the most! :(

The moral ... don't bother with RLETs unless you're keeping the bike. :D
Aw man - that means some soul went with the RLETs. I would have taken the RLETs off and sold to the highest Forum [blind auction] bidder ... like PB. :D

Aw man - that means some soul went with the RLETs. I would have taken the RLETs off and sold to the highest Forum [blind auction] bidder ... like [url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/member.php?action=profile&uid=3454]PB. :D
Bad news... bank decline RLETs loan application
:)

Aw man - that means some soul went with the RLETs. I would have taken the RLETs off and sold to the highest Forum [blind auction] bidder ... like [url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/member.php?action=profile&uid=3454]PB. :D
Bad news... bank decline RLETs loan application
:)
:rofl:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
And the most distressing part is ... after all that pain, effort and slow-healing blisters ... he dared damage the RLETs! :@:@:@


Clearly the problem was the blue glove. :D

Fun flick Bill.
I needed something! In the prequel, my thumbnail started bleeding around the 8:00 mark and at the very end you can see the huge skin peel from my thumb and forefinger!




However, the latter may be from all the sweat buildup under the glove which softened the skin.

Man, those blisters took a couple of weeks to heal! And raw, throbbing skin in the two places you need it the most! :(

The moral ... don't bother with RLETs unless you're keeping the bike. :D
Aw man - that means some soul went with the RLETs. I would have taken the RLETs off and sold to the highest Forum [blind auction] bidder ... like PB. :D

Aw man - that means some soul went with the RLETs. I would have taken the RLETs off and sold to the highest Forum [blind auction] bidder ... like [url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/member.php?action=profile&uid=3454]PB. :D
Bad news... bank decline RLETs loan application
:)

A happy smiley following tragic news? Mmmm.

Dude, get another bank.
 
Back
Top