general information

Tyke57nz_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Dang, where have I been? What is the significance of the silver fern?
The mighty All Blacks:worship:
The mighty All Blacks:worship:
Still doesn't clear ot up for me :huh:

Flynrider_imp said:
I'd like to know the story behind the fuel pump flow rates. Those are substantially different.

Most interesting is the DLX fork fluid level. Normally, forks will have identical fluid levels unless there is something about the system that is different. The only one that comes to mind is the TRAC anti-dive system that Honda used on their 80s Nighthawks. That required more fluid on the left side than the right. Anybody heard anything about a gizmo in the DLX fork system??
Far as I know...regular forks. Someone got a shop manual for the 14 the other day. Maybe they can can have a looksee
 
The ferret_imp said:
Tyke57nz_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Dang, where have I been? What is the significance of the silver fern?
The mighty All Blacks:worship:
The mighty All Blacks:worship:
Still doesn't clear ot up for me :huh:

Flynrider_imp said:
I'd like to know the story behind the fuel pump flow rates. Those are substantially different.

Most interesting is the DLX fork fluid level. Normally, forks will have identical fluid levels unless there is something about the system that is different. The only one that comes to mind is the TRAC anti-dive system that Honda used on their 80s Nighthawks. That required more fluid on the left side than the right. Anybody heard anything about a gizmo in the DLX fork system??
Far as I know...regular forks. Someone got a shop manual for the 14 the other day. Maybe they can can have a looksee
The mighty All Blacks:worship:
Still doesn't clear ot up for me :huh:
Ferret, it's a non-American ball game thing. The All Blacks are New Zealand's often all-conquering national rugby union team.

Tyke's right: the fern looks a bit cool. You'd better get some black side covers and get with the program, Tyke. :cool:
 
Look under servicing the forks
 
Cormanus_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Tyke57nz_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Dang, where have I been? What is the significance of the silver fern?
The mighty All Blacks:worship:
The mighty All Blacks:worship:
Still doesn't clear ot up for me :huh:

Flynrider_imp said:
I'd like to know the story behind the fuel pump flow rates. Those are substantially different.

Most interesting is the DLX fork fluid level. Normally, forks will have identical fluid levels unless there is something about the system that is different. The only one that comes to mind is the TRAC anti-dive system that Honda used on their 80s Nighthawks. That required more fluid on the left side than the right. Anybody heard anything about a gizmo in the DLX fork system??
Far as I know...regular forks. Someone got a shop manual for the 14 the other day. Maybe they can can have a looksee
The mighty All Blacks:worship:
Still doesn't clear ot up for me :huh:
Ferret, it's a non-American ball game thing. The All Blacks are New Zealand's often all-conquering national rugby union team.

Tyke's right: the fern looks a bit cool. You'd better get some black side covers and get with the program, Tyke. :cool:
The mighty All Blacks:worship:
Still doesn't clear ot up for me :huh:
Ferret, it's a non-American ball game thing. The All Blacks are New Zealand's often all-conquering national rugby union team.

Tyke's right: the fern looks a bit cool. You'd better get some black side covers and get with the program, Tyke. :cool: Its on the list:thumbsup:
 
I did notice the fork springs on the DLX are different left to right but on the 14 standard they are the same part # left to right.
 
Honestly, everyone has been saying how the CB1100 looks "off balance" with only one exhaust, but to me it looked like having the exhaust on the right counteracted the fact that the crankcase is hangs out further on the left side. I wonder if by introducing the dual sided exhaust, the bike is now actually off balance, and needs different spring rates to compensate. But that's just guessing.
 
CA200_imp said:
I did notice the fork springs on the DLX are different left to right but on the 14 standard they are the same part # left to right.
There's got to be something going on with those DLX forks. Different fluid levels and different springs. If they were regular forks with no gizmos or gadgets, you just wouldn't do that. The mystery deepens!!!
 
Could it be a typo tornado with the data being wrong? Human error data entry thing?

Would love to hear from actual owners comparisons

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
I was thinking about that, but it doesn't seem likely. The differences are noted in several places. For example both the fluid volume and fluid height are different in the manual. Add that to different spring part numbers and it doesn't look like a simple slip of the finger. They also had to create separate columns in the manual to differentiate the DLX's lopsided numbers from the '13 and '14 standard models.
 
Back
Top