Gatlinburg, TN ride 3/26 - 3/28

DBM_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I have a family vacation scheduled the last weekend in March. I am searching for any local riders that can help me plan some 100 mile loops for a fair weather Florida rider.
 
So many places to ride in that area. I will be watching this thread closely. Are you trailering the bike up or riding?
 
Great Smoky Mts National Park, Blue Ridge Parkway, Moonshiner 28, Chrohalla Skyway, The Dragon
 
DBM_imp said:
I have a family vacation scheduled the last weekend in March. I am searching for any local riders that can help me plan some 100 mile loops for a fair weather Florida rider.
That would be me too. A fair weather rider.:beerchug::beerchug:
.
 
Thread starter
Thank you for all the replies. I am looking for hidden gem back roads away from the tourist traps. I am trying to figure out how to transport my bike. That's my biggest challenge.
 
DBM - I live east of Asheville, about 2.5 hours from Gatlinburg. I'll be following your progress on this thread, and if the weather cooperates, and if your travels take you closer to Asheville, perhaps we can meet up for an afternoon ride.
 
I found the maps on this site to be very helpful in route planning in the area. America Rides Maps I picked routes from a map and plotted them into my mapping app on my phone so I cannot attest to their readability on the bike.
 
DBM_imp said:
Thank you for all the replies. I am looking for hidden gem back roads away from the tourist traps. I am trying to figure out how to transport my bike. That's my biggest challenge.
DBM, I just got back last night from a 3 week trip to Florida and I took my bike.

Maybe obvious but do you have a truck? I do and I haven't transported a bike this large before in a truck, it worked out really well. I would be glad to share my pics/experience if it would help.

C.B.
 
Back
Top