Kawiboy_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
any advise on taking the gas tank off?, I have never touched a fuel injected tank and am wondering about the fuel line.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

In order to depressurize the fuel system the fuel pump shouldn't be running. By disconnecting its power supply, then running the bike til it dies, the pump won't have pressurized the lines and you won't get a surprise when you disconnect the fuel line.Dave_imp said:Randy. If the ignition key is turned off, then why do you need to disconnect the power to the fuel pump?

Because you can run the bike if the key is off. The point is to depressurize the system so that fuel doesn't spray all over when you disconnect the fuel line from the tank.Dave_imp said:Randy. If the ignition key is turned off, then why do you need to disconnect the power to the fuel pump?
Well, yes you'd want to do that if you're swapping tanks. I assume you used your old pump on the new tank?Randy B_imp said:I followed the service manual when I swapped out my tank, so there has to be something to it.
Gotcha. I'll bleed the pressure this winter when I send the tank to get painted. But just for pulling the tank for minor maintenance to the rest of the bike I'm not worried about the line being pressurized.Randy B_imp said:Yes, I did.