Gas prices affect your riding?

GoldOxide_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
The bike is the inverse of the rider - once I passed 70 years, I had a lot more gas, but riding the bike over 70mph, it has less gas. Just my observation.
:rofl:
:rofl:
Just run a hose from your rear to the tank and you will get better milage.....
 
Houtman_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
The bike is the inverse of the rider - once I passed 70 years, I had a lot more gas, but riding the bike over 70mph, it has less gas. Just my observation.
:rofl:
:rofl:
Just run a hose from your rear to the tank and you will get better milage.....
:rofl:
Just run a hose from your rear to the tank and you will get better milage..... :rofl::biker::rofl::biker:
 
This morning I paid $6.14 per gallon for the privilege of putting gasoline in my car. I think that luggage box I got from Peterbaron may come in handy soon.
 
Thread starter
Gads...we are at $5.09
 
You're getting closer to German pricing. Currently with a tax break that does not get passed on to the consumer even though that was the whole point of it we're paying $7.75 if I convert it.
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
This morning I paid $6.14 per gallon for the privilege of putting gasoline in my car. I think that luggage box I got from Peterbaron may come in handy soon.
...was not meant to fill up with gas, anyhow keep the lid close, it prevents from spilling :)

Then your gas is more expensive than ours...this afternoon 1L/C$2.06...unless I miscalculated
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
This morning I paid $6.14 per gallon for the privilege of putting gasoline in my car. I think that luggage box I got from Peterbaron may come in handy soon.
...was not meant to fill up with gas, anyhow keep the lid close, it prevents from spilling :)

Then your gas is more expensive than ours...this afternoon 1L/C$2.06...unless I miscalculated
...was not meant to fill up with gas, anyhow keep the lid close, it prevents from spilling :)

Then your gas is more expensive than ours...this afternoon 1L/C$2.06...unless I miscalculated
... gasoline of southern Ontario, Canada includes a couple layers of Carbon Tax :s , and we do not get subsidies. We could be reaching par with many U.S. states - somewhat finally.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
This morning I paid $6.14 per gallon for the privilege of putting gasoline in my car. I think that luggage box I got from Peterbaron may come in handy soon.
...was not meant to fill up with gas, anyhow keep the lid close, it prevents from spilling :)

Then your gas is more expensive than ours...this afternoon 1L/C$2.06...unless I miscalculated
...was not meant to fill up with gas, anyhow keep the lid close, it prevents from spilling :)
:rofl:

Then your gas is more expensive than ours...this afternoon 1L/C$2.06...unless I miscalculated PB, isn't a gallon about four liters? If so, not adjusting for currency differences, you get the honor of paying the higher price.
Either way, if I find cheaper gas, I'm filling that box.:beerchug:
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Geez, Nacho, you guys are getting close to California prices!
Right? And the Californios who moved here are scratching their heads and asking, "We moved here for WHAT?"
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
This morning I paid $6.14 per gallon for the privilege of putting gasoline in my car. I think that luggage box I got from Peterbaron may come in handy soon.
...was not meant to fill up with gas, anyhow keep the lid close, it prevents from spilling :)

Then your gas is more expensive than ours...this afternoon 1L/C$2.06...unless I miscalculated
...was not meant to fill up with gas, anyhow keep the lid close, it prevents from spilling :)
:rofl:

Then your gas is more expensive than ours...this afternoon 1L/C$2.06...unless I miscalculated PB, isn't a gallon about four liters? If so, not adjusting for currency differences, you get the honor of paying the higher price.
Either way, if I find cheaper gas, I'm filling that box.:beerchug:
...was not meant to fill up with gas, anyhow keep the lid close, it prevents from spilling :)
:rofl:

Then your gas is more expensive than ours...this afternoon 1L/C$2.06...unless I miscalculated PB, isn't a gallon about four liters? If so, not adjusting for currency differences, you get the honor of paying the higher price.
Either way, if I find cheaper gas, I'm filling that box.:beerchug:
:clap:
 
I just got back from a week-long event in Cleveland. When I left, the station near my house was at $6.09, now it's at $6.19 a week later. The stations around the office are around $6.59, but I think I can nurse the Bonnie home when the gas light comes on later today.

Cleveland was paying just over $5.00 last week and they were pretty upset. I have some custom tuning on my car that makes it a lot more fun to drive, and I can switch between two settings using my cruise control buttons. One setting limits turbo boost to a very low level, allowing the use of regular gas. Makes a Fiesta ST accelerate like a rental car, but with the difference in price between regular and premium, I can live with rental car performance for a while...
 
I've switched over to only using my car when absolutely necessary. Definitely riding more and loving it...except for the part where filling up the DLX is now as expensive as filling up a car once was.
 
For local and inter-city runs, the scooter is getting spot on 100 mpg (U.S.). I am still at the top of my second tank of fuel of the year. The machine is also used during the cold and salty winter season.

At a fuel capacity of just over 2 U.S. gallons, that is enough to ride between Toronto and Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
 
Mrs. Gone's job is going to be changing from 100% tele-medicine to performing some home visits to patients around Orange County. She'd be able to do most of that without using freeways. Last night she started asking if a scooter might be a good idea. We bought the little CB300 for her to learn on, but why am I seeing another little set of wheels in my garage sometime soon. I did get to tool around on a new Navi last week...
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Mrs. Gone's job is going to be changing from 100% tele-medicine to performing some home visits to patients around Orange County. She'd be able to do most of that without using freeways. Last night she started asking if a scooter might be a good idea. We bought the little CB300 for her to learn on, but why am I seeing another little set of wheels in my garage sometime soon. I did get to tool around on a new Navi last week...
The 2015+ Honda PCX150 is incredibly "hop 'n' go". There is no thought to ready it and onboard storage is abundant. Cost of ownership is a non-issue. Top speed: About 112 km/h in stock form. Urban maneuverability is unmatched.
 
Back
Top