Gas prices affect your riding?

Instead of going in a car to go to their gym people should WALK to their gym and turn around at the door and walk to go home . Safe money and stay healthy at the same time.
 
$6.00 a gallon...jeez! Even in PA with the highest gas taxes in these here US states...we're at about $4.40. Work for myself, and driving is a given. Grateful that I'm nearing the end of my work phase..I'm over 70. With gas prices, inflation, supply chain issues, etc, wouldn't want to be just starting out.
 
Houtman_imp said:
Instead of going in a car to go to their gym people should WALK to their gym and turn around at the door and walk to go home . Safe money and stay healthy at the same time.
Right on John :thumbsup:
 
I plan on trying to use the bike more for errands.

I normally put 91 octane non-ethanol in my CB. I’m thinking about going with regular 87 fuel with the ethanol mix. I can run the better stuff in before any storage periods.
 
sourdough44_imp said:
I plan on trying to use the bike more for errands.

I normally put 91 octane non-ethanol in my CB. I’m thinking about going with regular 87 fuel with the ethanol mix. I can run the better stuff in before any storage periods.
The CB1100 won't hate you for using regular 87 octane and up to 10% ethanol.
 
Houtman_imp said:
Instead of going in a car to go to their gym people should WALK to their gym and turn around at the door and walk to go home . Safe money and stay healthy at the same time.
Houtman, you might find this picture funny, as a proponent of walking to the gym…

Mine is a half mile away, so walking to it was a pretty good warm up to working out.

During the pandemic, Mrs. Gone and I started doing exercises at home with YouTube videos, getting rid of some living room furniture to make room.

We decided not to rejoin when it reopened as we like our new routine. However, we still go past it on our nightly walks.

In the same shopping center is a popular In-n-Out Burger. On busy nights, the long drive-through line of cars is routed through the gym parking lot. I wonder how many people, idling in their cars for half an hour, waiting to order burgers and shakes, feel a twinge of guilt as people walk past them going in and out of the gym.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Instead of going in a car to go to their gym people should WALK to their gym and turn around at the door and walk to go home . Safe money and stay healthy at the same time.
Houtman, you might find this picture funny, as a proponent of walking to the gym…

Mine is a half mile away, so walking to it was a pretty good warm up to working out.

During the pandemic, Mrs. Gone and I started doing exercises at home with YouTube videos, getting rid of some living room furniture to make room.

We decided not to rejoin when it reopened as we like our new routine. However, we still go past it on our nightly walks.

In the same shopping center is a popular In-n-Out Burger. On busy nights, the long drive-through line of cars is routed through the gym parking lot. I wonder how many people, idling in their cars for half an hour, waiting to order burgers and shakes, feel a twinge of guilt as people walk past them going in and out of the gym.
(**sigh**) That is so grossly sad. :(
 
Thread starter
How about filling up here?

Death Valey 3-13-22

c3413ac0d49ba78a8b2c08090e007076.jpg
 
WOW!! Death Valley is one of my favorite National Parks, but that is insane. If the heat in the summer won't kill ya, the prices will!
 
Wow, that's like here in Germany right now. Yesterday I payed 2.14 €/Liter which is 8.92 $/US Gallon of E10.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 4 mit Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
good thing things are fairly close in Europe lol
 
The ferret_imp said:
good thing things are fairly close in Europe lol
Well, the mileage may vary. A ride to get some rolles for breakfast may cover 1 km up to 1,700 km. :biker:
 
Regarding that Death Valley gas station, I've used it. There are plenty of warnings to make sure you've got a full tank when you enter Death Valley. Even so, with a round-trip through it in a fully-fueled Honda CRV, Mrs. Gone and I were puckering a bit when we made that long uphill grade to exit the park at the end of the day. I was glued to the miles-to-empty reading on the dash. That station is the first thing you'll pass on the way out. We were on fumes. This was in 2019, and they were at $6.00 per gallon for regular, and they were limiting sales to three gallons, enough to get back to a larger station on Highway 395. If you are getting gas at that station, you'd be on fumes, and need just enough to get back to a larger station.

I've been on a business trip in Florida listening to the locals cry about $4.00 regular and $5.00 diesel, and just got back late last night. I have been monitoring the prices continuing to creep up in my neighborhood on the Gas Buddy app, and passed a few stations at around $6.11 for regular. Eck.
 
My neighbor bought a very large motor home last year and now complains that a full tank of diesel cost him $ 750 !!! He only goes to dog shows with 3 small dogs ( and his wife )
 
Back
Top