Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Exactly the same here. I don't grasp the obsession.Ghis_imp said:I don't know what gas mileage I get on either my CB or my Triumph, and I don't care to find out. I ride, I have fun, then when I get to low on gas, I just go put more in the tank, and so on. What ever it is I get I'm sure is way better than my '13 Accord.
No. That doesn't sound like an obsession at all.The ferret_imp said:For me it's not an obsession, merely an observation. I don't purposely try to get good mileage, but my riding style rewards it, and a push of the button on the instruments, which I have to cycle through to zero for the next days mileage ( I track daily mileage and have for a decade or better) tells me instantly, so I am forced to see it every day. Going for a ride now. Be back in a couple hours. Will try not to obsess on the mileage I am getting while I am blasting thru the curves lol.



Exactly the same here. I don't grasp the obsession.DGShannon_imp said:Exactly the same here. I don't grasp the obsession.Ghis_imp said:I don't know what gas mileage I get on either my CB or my Triumph, and I don't care to find out. I ride, I have fun, then when I get to low on gas, I just go put more in the tank, and so on. What ever it is I get I'm sure is way better than my '13 Accord.
Same with me.Flynrider_imp said:Exactly the same here. I don't grasp the obsession.DGShannon_imp said:Exactly the same here. I don't grasp the obsession.Ghis_imp said:I don't know what gas mileage I get on either my CB or my Triumph, and I don't care to find out. I ride, I have fun, then when I get to low on gas, I just go put more in the tank, and so on. What ever it is I get I'm sure is way better than my '13 Accord.
I know my mileage numbers pretty well for both bikes. While I don't calculate it every time, I've done it enough to know what to expect. The info comes in handy when you want to plan your fuel stops on a long ride (in a region where there may not be a station every 10 miles).
I do the same with my plane. I can usually guess how much it'll take to fill up within a few tenths of a gallon.