Gas Mileage

I don't know what gas mileage I get on either my CB or my Triumph, and I don't care to find out. I ride, I have fun, then when I get to low on gas, I just go put more in the tank, and so on. What ever it is I get I'm sure is way better than my '13 Accord.
 
I get about the same mileage on the CB as I get from my Prius. The Prius holds five people and a lot of stuff and the seat is comfy. But if you measure it by smiles per gallon, the CB is a clear winner. :excited:
 
Ghis_imp said:
I don't know what gas mileage I get on either my CB or my Triumph, and I don't care to find out. I ride, I have fun, then when I get to low on gas, I just go put more in the tank, and so on. What ever it is I get I'm sure is way better than my '13 Accord.
Exactly the same here. I don't grasp the obsession.
 
For me it's not an obsession, merely an observation. I don't purposely try to get good mileage, but my riding style rewards it, and a push of the button on the instruments, which I have to cycle through to zero for the next days mileage ( I track daily mileage and have for a decade or better) tells me instantly, so I am forced to see it every day. Going for a ride now. Be back in a couple hours. Will try not to obsess on the mileage I am getting while I am blasting thru the curves lol.
 
The ferret_imp said:
For me it's not an obsession, merely an observation. I don't purposely try to get good mileage, but my riding style rewards it, and a push of the button on the instruments, which I have to cycle through to zero for the next days mileage ( I track daily mileage and have for a decade or better) tells me instantly, so I am forced to see it every day. Going for a ride now. Be back in a couple hours. Will try not to obsess on the mileage I am getting while I am blasting thru the curves lol.
No. That doesn't sound like an obsession at all. :P
I assume you mean for business, or such?
 
:blush: no, for my own personal records.

Ok the mileage ridden thing is an obsession, the gas mileage thing is an observation :rolleyes:

86 on this mornings ride puts me at 13,372 for the year. :D
 
DGShannon_imp said:
Ghis_imp said:
I don't know what gas mileage I get on either my CB or my Triumph, and I don't care to find out. I ride, I have fun, then when I get to low on gas, I just go put more in the tank, and so on. What ever it is I get I'm sure is way better than my '13 Accord.
Exactly the same here. I don't grasp the obsession.
Exactly the same here. I don't grasp the obsession.
I know my mileage numbers pretty well for both bikes. While I don't calculate it every time, I've done it enough to know what to expect. The info comes in handy when you want to plan your fuel stops on a long ride (in a region where there may not be a station every 10 miles).

I do the same with my plane. I can usually guess how much it'll take to fill up within a few tenths of a gallon.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
DGShannon_imp said:
Ghis_imp said:
I don't know what gas mileage I get on either my CB or my Triumph, and I don't care to find out. I ride, I have fun, then when I get to low on gas, I just go put more in the tank, and so on. What ever it is I get I'm sure is way better than my '13 Accord.
Exactly the same here. I don't grasp the obsession.
Exactly the same here. I don't grasp the obsession.
I know my mileage numbers pretty well for both bikes. While I don't calculate it every time, I've done it enough to know what to expect. The info comes in handy when you want to plan your fuel stops on a long ride (in a region where there may not be a station every 10 miles).

I do the same with my plane. I can usually guess how much it'll take to fill up within a few tenths of a gallon.
Same with me.

In the region, where I live in, this knowledge isn't really necessary
to survive when it comes up to fuel.

It was a whole different situation in the north of Europe cruising through
Lappland and Finnmark. There weren't many gasoline stations,
so I benefit more than one time from my experience of how much
kilometers I could get out of the Honda's tank with the rest of the fuel, while driving
peaceful.

But instead of running empty on fuel, on travels I always bring a little canister of extra 2l gasoline with me...

Wisedrum
 
It's a safety issue.. The gauges lie, and I ride looong distances in places with few Gas stations.. Knowing, really knowing, how far I can go on a tank is important..
 
I am only getting about 36-37 mpg which is not very good. But my bike is still very new, around 100 miles, so I believe it will get better with more miles (from what I read on this thread). I do ride semi-aggressive but not too crazy due to new engine break-in period.
 
In amusement I read a few pages of this post. My wife has a commuter car, 2015 VW passat tdi that nets her near 50mpg. Very boring to me but it gets the job done. I have her old car, 2005 VW Jetta tdi that also got 48mpg with her driving it. I chipped it and am happy if I see 45mpg. As long as I can get 25mpg from something I enjoy, wahoo! For some reason with me, the worse the mileage, the more the fun.

P.S. 2001 Honda RC51 only got 14mpg
 
Wow that RC51 is mighty thirsty (but still one of my personal favorite bikes). And I thought my Tuono was bad, it only gets 30 to 33 mpg depending on whether I go mach I or II.
 
I noticed on my deluxe today that there is a huge mpg drop off when going from 65mph to 70mph. The deluxe has a fairly accurate instant mpg on it's computer and when doing 65, it showed about 47mpg. When I cruised at 70mph, it dropped to about 34mpg. I ducked behind the road comet and it went back up to 45mpg so I guess I make a pretty good sail.
 
My brother in law is a muscle car nut and when people ask him what his vehicle is like on fuel he replies "it loves it".
 
I am happy to report my mileage has gone up (despite riding more aggressively), still in it's break-in period. In very the beginning I was getting 36-37mpg. My bike now has 200+ miles and has gone up to 40-41mpg.
 
Mike, that is what mine did. I don't keep track so I don't know what I get now.
 
You don't need to keep track, just check your trip log thingy (left button), it tells you right there. Since my bike is so new I think it will improve some more (like Ferret mentioned, his improved up until 2K miles). Plus I'm going to change out the oil and replace with synthetic at 600 miles, this might help a bit.
 
Mike, I have a 2013 and they only have a fuel indicator and trip mileage readouts. And the ODO. No fuel computer for us.
 
Back
Top