Gas Mileage

My theory is this: The riders who do all of their riding in during the late spring, summer, and early fall time frame have to squeeze more fun into a shorter time leading to lower MPG. Those of us that ride year round have more time to spread the fun around, resulting in higher MPG.
 
Ive had my bike for six months now and have no idea what the gas milage is. Dont really care and my riding habits will never yield good fuel consumption ever, lol. I ride all over the rpm range and frequent the top third of the bikes capabilities regularly:-) I like riding this bike like a sport bike, she really likes the upper rpm range and should be riden hard every so often.
 
uscgmac_imp said:
Ive had my bike for six months now and have no idea what the gas milage is. Dont really care and my riding habits will never yield good fuel consumption ever, lol. I ride all over the rpm range and frequent the top third of the bikes capabilities regularly:-) I like riding this bike like a sport bike, she really likes the upper rpm range and should be riden hard every so often.
There are a number of us on this board that feel exactly the same way! :biker:
 
I've taken a couple of longer trips the last two weeks and have remembered to check the milage. I got 52 MPG over two tanks, riding mostly steady 50-70 MPH with some stop and go (grrrr) thrown in. I am pleasantly surprised. I don't ride to conserve, but don't ride super aggressively, either. My two cents.
 
My "cager" is a 2003 Suburban with a 6" lift, 35" tires, and a 33 gallon tank. It's 3 tons of single digit mpg fun!

That being said, I'm pretty ecstatic that my heavy right hand on the CB is getting me 45-50 mpg average depending on the rides I can make that week. Most of my commutes are only 10-12 minutes of 50-70 mph. I try to take longer rides when I can, just so the "Black Wolf" can stretch her legs a bit.


Sent from an undisclosed location
 
Well, 2 weeks ago at the race track:

1. tank: 8.2 l/100km == 28.7 mpg
2. tank: 9.5 l/100km == 24.8 mpg

66583ee1485bd8dbb2fa69b1b19bdc94.gif
 
Django_imp said:
Well, 2 weeks ago at the race track:

1. tank: 8.2 l/100km == 28.7 mpg
2. tank: 9.5 l/100km == 24.8 mpg

66583ee1485bd8dbb2fa69b1b19bdc94.gif
Imperial or US gallons?
 
MPG is very important to me. I am retired and on a very low fixed income. ( I can tell by the some of the comments that some here have jobs that can pay for gas.)
I don't have to ride to work or anyplace I don't want to so I plan my rides to be the most enjoyable I can. Even at 54-57 MPG I try to use my gas as wisely as I can. Now in the summer when I need to run to the hardware store or run somewhere to pick up something
I use my PCX150. It does not seem to matter how much I beat that thing it gives me 110MPG.
 
In my opinion the CB can be driven with a very low fuel consumption.
On my recently finished summer tour this year through Scandinavia,
6.300km, my Honda took 4,5l per 100km averagely. Mostly
I rode very commode, 'cause the countries in the north of Europe have a very strict speed limitation.
I took them serious, not to get into problems, which fast could arise.

Over a distance of totally 21.000km the mileage is 4,6l per 100km.
So, at home I don't drive so differently as in Scandinavia.
For such a big engine it's a very good behaviour gasolinewise.
But it all depends on how you twist and turn the throttle.

Wisedrum
 
You're doing well, Wisedrum. My average is 5.34 litres/100 kms.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
You're doing well, Wisedrum. My average is 5.34 litres/100 kms.
What I do is, I sacrifice speed and acceleration for fuel consumption.
But I have no big problem with it, 'cause I tend to me more, not always
but mostly, be a smooth driver, who is kindled by the fact, that the CB
can be driven very evenly and effortlessly.

In addition to this, it saves me a lot of money, you know
for wearing parts, fuel and, not so unimportant, punishment for breaking the traffic rules,
'cause Germany is an too much observed country too, with
lots of them. :(

Hardly any place around for letting 90HP turn loose and twist the throttle
as much as you could have in mind......or even blast all the 48HP of the W800 out.
So it's better for me, to calm down a bit and enjoy this state of mind,
knowing, I could, if I want, there is always some reserve
in form of sleeping ponies in the background.:)

Wisedrum
 
268 miles of road today on a "Sierra foothills run" and the bike averaged 52 miles per gallon..

That is very good.

Makes me happy and eases my "tiny tank" concerns a bit..

Also I had a stellar morning on the CB..
 
I've noticed that my gas mileage has increased about 3 mpg ever since changing my slip-on from a Staintune to an SP Tadao. I was averaging 40 mpg with the Staintune, 43+ mpg with the SP Tadao megaphone.

I don't think my riding habits have changed. I've retained my MotoGear headers. The only change was to the silencer. Happy but puzzled.
 
I'm thinking its that Helmholtz resonator thing again :P :D
 
Back
Top