Gaiters (leg, not fork)

Ben70_imp

Been there
Thread starter
From the waist up I use a light or heavy textile jacket, mc gloves and full face helmet, but usually go with nicely worn hiking boots and jeans.
Decided to try these hiking gaiters and really like them. Closes the gap, nothing snags or flaps, and comfy.They came with removable stirrups which I don't use.


Ben
 
Is the advantage not having air push your pant legs up? Perhaps an extra layer of road rash protection? Interesting accessory!
 
Thread starter
OK, full disclosure. As can be seen in the photo, my painted over Yosh logo and the side of my engine guard have some rash I have not yet touched up. A while back I threw a leg over and my pants cuff snagged on the footpeg. The harder I tried to put my foot on the ground the more I levered the bike and in a millisecond we were both on the gravel. If you wear proper riding gear or have a bit of coordination, you won't need it.
It is comfy though, keeps the draft out'. No, there is no video.

Ben
 
Many days when I ride the roads are damp from dew/fog and I get a bit of splash up from the roads; not enough to wear a rain suit but after a while my pants are damp enough to show.
Nice solution.
 
stateboy_imp said:
Is the advantage not having air push your pant legs up? Perhaps an extra layer of road rash protection? Interesting accessory!
I solved the air cooled shins problem by buying some tall Alpinestars Roam boots and jeans that are 2 inches longer than normal.

My cold weather riding jeans are Cabelas Roughneck Relaxed Fit Flannel Lined Jeans. Surprisingly they are comfortable even on warm afternoons. Great for walking the local nature trail on cold winter days as well.

You can buy them in Florida, Texas or California; but not in any of their Canadian stores. Go figure? :huh:
 
Back
Top