Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Now there's an idea! "Well, it is DOT certified, officer! I had no idea that the DOT emblem had come off the back. :huh:"suhawk305_imp said:Many “replacement” helmet DOT stickers are listed on eBay, like this set for $2.00. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-DOT-D-O...hash=item3d1d6c703a:m:mIrCwr7l0tHW4G410xJem2g
DOT stickers are know to become unattached from helmets during import transit. :rofl:
Arai helmets are my favourite. If Caberg is correct, then fit risk is nicely mitigated. If you commit, please feel free to share your success with the Forum. This is interesting.Stichill_imp said:That is a good point that I neglected to discuss. Fortunately the Caberg sizing specifications match the familiar Arai exactly:
Size___Arai_______Caberg
2XS____51-52cm____N/A
XS_____53-54cm____53-54cm
SM_____55-56cm____55-56cm
MD_____57-58cm____57-58cm
LG_____59-60cm____59-60cm
XL_____61-62cm____61-62cm
2XL____63-64cm____63-64cm
3XL____65-66cm____N/A
If I'm wrong, it's going to be an $80 round trip to exchange it for a different size. Given the potential savings, maybe a worthwhile risk.
I definitely will report back. Might have to wait a while for them to become available, but I will be ordering as soon as they are. I bought my Arai from revzilla.com. They allow helmets to be returned if they are undamaged and placed carefully back in the original packaging with all paperwork and materials intact. I think most online retailers have to make such accommodations.GoldOxide_imp said:Arai helmets are my favourite. If Caberg is correct, then fit risk is nicely mitigated. If you commit, please feel free to share your success with the Forum. This is interesting.Stichill_imp said:That is a good point that I neglected to discuss. Fortunately the Caberg sizing specifications match the familiar Arai exactly:
Size___Arai_______Caberg
2XS____51-52cm____N/A
XS_____53-54cm____53-54cm
SM_____55-56cm____55-56cm
MD_____57-58cm____57-58cm
LG_____59-60cm____59-60cm
XL_____61-62cm____61-62cm
2XL____63-64cm____63-64cm
3XL____65-66cm____N/A
If I'm wrong, it's going to be an $80 round trip to exchange it for a different size. Given the potential savings, maybe a worthwhile risk.
In terms of the "underwear" metaphor, stores I visit won't accept a helmet return once it leaves the premise. I am curious how that works online.
Good suggestion, ferret.The ferret_imp said:Might be worth a thread on a BMW forum to see if any US/Canada riders have tried a Caberg and see if sizing/shape is comparable.
Is the issue leaking? Doesn't breathe? Too noisy?x(why)z_imp said:I just picked up an ultra hipster Bell Bullett Carbon. It is so pretty, but kind of useless for days when it may rain, or long distance touring. But for early fall Sunday afternoon blasts through the forest roads, it's perfect. And a great addition to my HJC 3/4 and Shoei 1200.
