Front wheel question.

Sfomoto_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hi all,

I am looking to buy a front wheel for my 13 CB1100. I found a front wheel on Ebay for $250; however, its for a 2014 CB1100. Are they the same size and model? Any differences? :huh:

:thanks:
 
to my knowledge they are the same, i.e. a straight swap is possible between the two models. Might be a good idea to wait for the more 'clued up' experts to wade in and give some advice before you take the plunge and buy that wheel.
 
Thread starter
Randy B_imp said:
Thanks for the links and info :thumbsup:!!
Aussieflyer_imp said:
to my knowledge they are the same, i.e. a straight swap is possible between the two models. Might be a good idea to wait for the more 'clued up' experts to wade in and give some advice before you take the plunge and buy that wheel.
Straight swap would be nice, specially at $250.

Thanks!!
 
I believe, for US bikes, the ‘13 and “14 front wheels are functionally equivalent, but cosmetically different. Note, from Randy’s links, slightly different part numbers.

I’m sure my ‘13 wheels are mostly gloss black, but with a good bit of silver on the outer part of rims. I think the ‘14 (base model) rims are all black, aren’t they?
Also, more of a matte black finish on the ‘14 wheels, vs. the gloss black used on our ‘13s, if I’m not mistaken. Sill, all cosmetics.
 
No — same size, but different model. The '13 wheel is a black mag with a polished silver rim. The '14 is all black.
 
Thread starter
Guth_imp said:
No — same size, but different model. The '13 wheel is a black mag with a polished silver rim. The '14 is all black.
I played it safe and bought the 13 model to make sure the colors match.

Thanks for the reply.
 
Back
Top