front turn signals

Greg Davis_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Does anyone know how the front turn signals come off. I purchased some smaller turn signals, Lockhart Phillips, and am in the process of switching from stock to the L P smaller ones. No Problem on rear of bike, however, I can't figure out how the front signals come off. HELP!
 
Greg, when I did this mod I used two stainless fender washers, one each between the light and the black Honda base. As I recall a hole has to be made in the center of the Honda base large enough to accept the bolt on the new light. Then, using a Dremel tool, I ground out the back of the Honda base in order to get the nut and a 17mm wrench in there to tighten the new light. You need to remove the headlight to do this.
When doing the wiring you will notice that there is only one hot wire to each light in spite of the fact that the lights also serve as running lights. You will only need a single element turn signal light to serve both purposes. The Honda computer does the rest. If you bought dual element lights, just ignore the running light wire.
 
Thread starter
ridesalot_imp said:
Greg, when I did this mod I used two stainless fender washers, one each between the light and the black Honda base. As I recall a hole has to be made in the center of the Honda base large enough to accept the bolt on the new light. Then, using a Dremel tool, I ground out the back of the Honda base in order to get the nut and a 17mm wrench in there to tighten the new light. You need to remove the headlight to do this.
When doing the wiring you will notice that there is only one hot wire to each light in spite of the fact that the lights also serve as running lights. You will only need a single element turn signal light to serve both purposes. The Honda computer does the rest. If you bought dual element lights, just ignore the running light wire.
Thanks so much. I finally got signals installed, all is good, love the small signals. Thanks for the help. Next is put low bars on.
 
Back
Top