Front rotor bolt torque?

HaGut_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Installing new magnesium wheels; anyone know what the rotor bolt torque spec happens to be? 6mm bolts, so I'm guessing in the 7Nm range?
 
Front Brake Disc Bolt--20Nm, or 15 ft. lbs for non metric types

Rear Brake Disc Bolt--42Nm or 31 ft. lbs

The manual says they are ALOC bolts, replace with new ones.
 
Thread starter
HaGut_imp said:
Installing new magnesium wheels; anyone know what the rotor bolt torque spec happens to be? 6mm bolts, so I'm guessing in the 7Nm range?
Thanks popgun!
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Front Brake Disc Bolt--20Nm, or 15 ft. lbs for non metric types

Rear Brake Disc Bolt--42Nm or 31 ft. lbs

The manual says they are ALOC bolts, replace with new ones.
I thought the rotor bolts were reusable and but the caliper bolts needed replacement. Am I mistaken?
 
Ferrealls_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Front Brake Disc Bolt--20Nm, or 15 ft. lbs for non metric types

Rear Brake Disc Bolt--42Nm or 31 ft. lbs

The manual says they are ALOC bolts, replace with new ones.
I thought the rotor bolts were reusable and but the caliper bolts needed replacement. Am I mistaken?
I thought the rotor bolts were reusable and but the caliper bolts needed replacement. Am I mistaken?
That's correct. Having said that I just removed my front calipers this morning and didn't renew the bolts on replacement. :(

Cheers
 
Just add thread locker and you will be fine.

ALOC= Add Locker Or Crash :) Or more likely, anaerobic locking compound.
 
Back
Top