May 8, 2015 #1 H HaGut_imp First service completed Thread starter Installing new magnesium wheels; anyone know what the rotor bolt torque spec happens to be? 6mm bolts, so I'm guessing in the 7Nm range?
Installing new magnesium wheels; anyone know what the rotor bolt torque spec happens to be? 6mm bolts, so I'm guessing in the 7Nm range?
May 8, 2015 #2 Lord Popgun Road warrior Front Brake Disc Bolt--20Nm, or 15 ft. lbs for non metric types Rear Brake Disc Bolt--42Nm or 31 ft. lbs The manual says they are ALOC bolts, replace with new ones.
Front Brake Disc Bolt--20Nm, or 15 ft. lbs for non metric types Rear Brake Disc Bolt--42Nm or 31 ft. lbs The manual says they are ALOC bolts, replace with new ones.
May 8, 2015 #3 H HaGut_imp First service completed Thread starter HaGut_imp said: Installing new magnesium wheels; anyone know what the rotor bolt torque spec happens to be? 6mm bolts, so I'm guessing in the 7Nm range? Click to expand... Thanks popgun!
HaGut_imp said: Installing new magnesium wheels; anyone know what the rotor bolt torque spec happens to be? 6mm bolts, so I'm guessing in the 7Nm range? Click to expand... Thanks popgun!
Jun 25, 2015 #4 F Ferrealls_imp Running like a top Lord Popgun_imp said: Front Brake Disc Bolt--20Nm, or 15 ft. lbs for non metric types Rear Brake Disc Bolt--42Nm or 31 ft. lbs The manual says they are ALOC bolts, replace with new ones. Click to expand... I thought the rotor bolts were reusable and but the caliper bolts needed replacement. Am I mistaken?
Lord Popgun_imp said: Front Brake Disc Bolt--20Nm, or 15 ft. lbs for non metric types Rear Brake Disc Bolt--42Nm or 31 ft. lbs The manual says they are ALOC bolts, replace with new ones. Click to expand... I thought the rotor bolts were reusable and but the caliper bolts needed replacement. Am I mistaken?
Jun 25, 2015 #5 P Pterodactyl_imp Road warrior Ferrealls_imp said: Lord Popgun_imp said: Front Brake Disc Bolt--20Nm, or 15 ft. lbs for non metric types Rear Brake Disc Bolt--42Nm or 31 ft. lbs The manual says they are ALOC bolts, replace with new ones. Click to expand... I thought the rotor bolts were reusable and but the caliper bolts needed replacement. Am I mistaken? Click to expand... I thought the rotor bolts were reusable and but the caliper bolts needed replacement. Am I mistaken? That's correct. Having said that I just removed my front calipers this morning and didn't renew the bolts on replacement. Cheers
Ferrealls_imp said: Lord Popgun_imp said: Front Brake Disc Bolt--20Nm, or 15 ft. lbs for non metric types Rear Brake Disc Bolt--42Nm or 31 ft. lbs The manual says they are ALOC bolts, replace with new ones. Click to expand... I thought the rotor bolts were reusable and but the caliper bolts needed replacement. Am I mistaken? Click to expand... I thought the rotor bolts were reusable and but the caliper bolts needed replacement. Am I mistaken? That's correct. Having said that I just removed my front calipers this morning and didn't renew the bolts on replacement. Cheers
Jun 25, 2015 #6 Lord Popgun Road warrior Just add thread locker and you will be fine. ALOC= Add Locker Or Crash Or more likely, anaerobic locking compound.
Just add thread locker and you will be fine. ALOC= Add Locker Or Crash Or more likely, anaerobic locking compound.
Jun 25, 2015 #7 P Pterodactyl_imp Road warrior I put Loctite Medium on the threads. Thanks though. Cheers