Front fork seal Guards, not gators

peterbaron

Road warrior
Thread starter
I'm looking for a link to front seal guards, as seen on this CB.

I have had no luck with webike, amazon, aliex, revzilla, google etc
Very sure some members have them already installed.
Thanks

afa229cdd65b3198aaeea7ed397f0aab.jpg
 
I've definitely seen these on ebay even as a universal part and it uses like an adjustable strap or metal "zip tie" to mount if I remember correctly. I think they're only a few dollars.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Kawasaki gaiters are more functional, and perhaps to some - less pleasing to the eye.

I think Honda offers some gaiters for the CB1100.
 
Thread starter
Thanks all who responded directly or by pm.
Already bout 3 sets for my CBs.
Total price including S&H was about C$37
 
Looking at those Ebay fork protectors, anyone have a closeup of how they look installed?
 
Thread starter
Mine should arrive soon, I'll post photos... unless I ordered junk = it will end up in the trash.
 
max_imp said:
These are fitted on my 2006 cb900 hornet, leg diameter is 63mm. identical to my cb1100 forks, come in a left and right part ( to fit into the groove ).
Partsfish link;
https://www.partsfish.com/oemparts/a/hon/5053f6a5f870021c54be8166/front-fork-04
price $25 each and need to be fitted with the forks un-mounted, it's a ring;



So it seems the ebay part is half the price and able to be fitted whith the fork legs in place, sounds promising.
Hi Max, just an inquiry. You did mentioned that the protector is available in Left & Right version, however, from the parts fiche there's only one one part number for both forks.
Which part # did you purchase?
 
Thanks for adding the correct info Alain, When i saw the protector it reminded me of them on my other bike and just wanted to quickly point this out and what they looked like with broad information.
They were on the bike from the factory ( parts fish ) when i bought it second hand, never gave it a thought until this thread appeared.
 
Thread starter
They just arrived today and are waiting for tomorrow's installation.
It won't need any padding and its diameter is 3-4mm smaller than the CB fork outer tube, meaning a perfect fit.
DLX will receive them and my standard has to wait for another set to arrive.
:biker:

e46a9873cdcefda4c47cf9b4f7c4d4f6.jpg
 
Hmm. Dig them, but that badge with the logo. I'd need to do something with that.
So, would using the rubber strip make them too wide around to fit?
 
Thread starter
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Would it be that difficult to make those with a 3Dprinter?
Probably not... but you would run out of ink very quickly during 3D processing and your project could fail before you refill it...:)
 
Back
Top